https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR; The Who at Glastonbury

Started by Barrett487, June 28, 2015, 11:17:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrett487

Rock Gods or what?

Ok, so favourite track that probably won't feature tonight

Relay............ i wish they'd play it.

Any other suggestions?

LBNo11

...Baba O'Reilly, Won't Get Fooled Again, Let's See Action, I Can See For Miles - oh my I love The Oooo..!
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Barrett487

Join together, 5.15,  boris the spider, who are you, behind blue eyes,

they also did a stonkin version of Summertime Blues

brightster

That's how to play Glastonbury! Better that twit last night!

Barrett487

Wingnut

Quote from: brightster on June 28, 2015, 11:49:13 PM
Better that twit last night!

Didn't even switch it on last night. A disgrace ...
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

LBNo11

...great stuff, 70 year olds providing real entertainment- My Generation..!
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Barrett487

Barrett487

Quote from: Wingnut on June 28, 2015, 11:56:23 PM
Better that twit last night!

Didn't even switch it on last night. A disgrace ...
how do you know?  lol

Barrett487

Quote from: LBNo11 on June 28, 2015, 11:57:28 PM
...great stuff, 70 year olds providing real entertainment- My Generation..!

Not you Ed.... forever young

Supermitch

Superb entertainment. 

Saw them at Wembley Arena about 25 years ago - loudest concert I've been to.  :drums:

HatterDon

Hatter Mom and I have a friendly disagreement about the best rock song ever. She says, "Gimme Shelter" and I say "Won't Get Fooled Again."

That's how to play Glastonbury! Better that twit last night!

What twit was that, Brightster?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

brightster

HatterDon

Quote from: brightster on June 29, 2015, 01:33:11 AM
Mr West!

Well, I'd apologize for that particular bit of air pollution being foisted on you by the USA, but then I remember you sent us Russell Brand, so ... .
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

westcliff white

I love the who, but for me last night they were not as good as they used to be. They are 70ish these days and for me, at least, it showed. I hope they do not go on to become like The Stones, in that they carry on for far too long and lose some of that Iconism that they rightly should have.
Every day is a Fulham day

bog

Magnificent! Oh that The Ox and Moonie were still with us.  :Haynes The Maestro:

092.gif

snarks

In this one thread, it sums up all that is wrong with Festivals and especially Glastonbury.

TBH the old fart bands should not be better then current music, the fact that they are is hugely depressing for me at least. I actually can't think of one current act that could headline Glastonbury that haven't been going for at least 20 years. I accept that the festival is now really for the affluent and not the young festival goer, but still.

brightster

Quote from: HatterDon on June 29, 2015, 04:45:23 AM
Quote from: brightster on June 29, 2015, 01:33:11 AM
Mr West!

Well, I'd apologize for that particular bit of air pollution being foisted on you by the USA, but then I remember you sent us Russell Brand, so ... .
Well I apologise for that!

RaySmith

Quote from: westcliff white on June 29, 2015, 07:39:14 AM
I love the who, but for me last night they were not as good as they used to be. They are 70ish these days and for me, at least, it showed. I hope they do not go on to become like The Stones, in that they carry on for far too long and lose some of that Iconism that they rightly should have.

Maybe true to some extent of the Who - Daltrey's voice isn't as good as it was, though still strong last night, and, of course they've lost founder members -though Ringo's son was pretty good on drums.

But the Stones from last year's performances, don't seem to have lost much, if anything really, though Keith Richards isn't what he was.

But it's just amazing really, that these bands are still going strong in their 70s, and as good as they are ie still worth seeing for young folk who've never seen them, or oldies wallowing in nostalgia.