more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

First day back

Started by cmg, June 29, 2015, 07:50:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmg

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/june/29/pre-season-begins

Good to see some action. Good to see the new faces and some old faces back again.
Eisfeld will have a great deal of competition this year.
Remember Cam Burgess our starting CB last season? Ended up not playing much at Ross County.
'Forgotten man' Kay Voser continuing the Staf hairstyle.
Very good news to see George Williams in action - he seems to be wearing Adam Taggart's number and I didn't spot Taggart in the pictures, although I'm not certain I'd recognize him. Taggart has said how much he is looking forward to establishing himself this season so I hope he's OK. Is that his tattooed arm clutching a bottle, extreme left picture 30?
Whisper it softly, but doesn't Pat Roberts, although still the littlest in the class, look a bit more robust today?
Everybody else accounted for...apart from the skipper. I suppose he's still recovering from his ankle op.

MJG

I think it's Taggart on the far left at the back in the main group photo near the end of the photo stream.

cmg

Thanks, MJG. I thought it might be and edited my post just before (honest!) you posted.

colinwhite

Whos the geezer with the long black beard ?

cmg

Quote from: colinwhite on June 29, 2015, 08:07:04 PM

Liam Donnelly favours the 'Dubliners' look. Fortunately Pat seem to have given up his doomed effort to rival him.

MJG

Quote from: cmg on June 29, 2015, 08:09:00 PM
Quote from: colinwhite on June 29, 2015, 08:07:04 PM

Liam Donnelly favours the 'Dubliners' look. Fortunately Pat seem to have given up his doomed effort to rival him.
Lol, looked like a string of spaghetti stuck to his face

FPT

Ah, I'm glad you posted this as I didn't want to go off tangent in a post about Jamie O'Hara.

I too noticed, George Williams' squad number, but I did spot Adam Taggart here and there. Maybe it's just a straight swap. On a more interesting number line, Ben Pringle was wearing the number 18, formally (?) of Kostas Mitroglou. 18 was Pringle's squad number at Rotherham last season also.

No Ange-Freddy Plumain surprised me a tad. I'm sure he'll get more game time with the under 21s given the strikers that were at training (McCormack, Smith, Woodrow, Dembele, Taggart), and the wide men also (Pringle, Kacaniklic, Roberts, G.Williams), though I would have expected him to at least train up with the first team.

Andy Lonergan sported the number 24, which I do hope means that Marcus Bettinelli could see the number one on the back of his shirt next season which would be a credit to him and well deserved.

Tom Cairney had the number 45, he was Blackburn's number 10, so maybe he's just been given that with the potential of the 10 if/when Bryan Ruiz departs, Abola (http://www.abola.pt/nnh/ver.aspx?id=557137) says that Bryan Ruiz's transfer to Sporting Lisbon will be completed this week for €1m (£700k).

Larnell Cole, Liam Donnelly, Cameron Burgess and Marek Rodak are all there which is great. I do think Donnelly and Burgess will renew their partnership, but for the U21s for at least the beginning of this season. Marek Rodak, I feel, has got the potential to be a star, a fantastic goalkeeper who'll only get better with age as he grows into his body.

Adam Taggart fully fit is an interesting proposition, George Williams and Jesse Joronen both running after pretty nasty knee injuries, I didn't think that George would make the first part of pre-season, so its nice to see him about, I think he can really challenge Ben Pringle for that wide left role this season.

Pat is noticeably more mature, more of a man and a less of a boy. It'll be interesting to watch his pre-season given the Manchester City rumours and his visible 'growth.'

aaronmcguigan

Cairney wore #45 for Blackburn in 13/14.

YoungsBitter

Looks like Kit has solved his problem of not being to sleep or eat....
Quark, strangeness and charm

Berserker

Quote from: YoungsBitter on June 30, 2015, 12:02:02 AM
Looks like Kit has solved his problem of not being to sleep or eat....
Ha ha I thought that when I saw his pick
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.