watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Great to see George Williams back running at start of pre-season

Started by MasterHaynes, June 29, 2015, 07:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterHaynes

I know George has some way to go but to see him back running with the rest of the squad can was great, it can only help gibe him a lift at the start of his rehabilitation. Also good to see Joronen back and seemingly fully recovered along with Cameron Burgess back from his long distance loan. The only disappointment for me was no sign of Stephen Arthurworrey, I half expected him to be amongst the released players as I always felt Kit never really rated him after his last injury.

MJG

He was released,  Donnelly has signed an extension and O'Halloran has left as well.

dannyboi-ffc

Great to see George back. I have high hopes for him and hopefully he has a role to play this year probably as an understudy to Pringle but with regular time off the bench. Not sure where that leaves Kaca but Kit did play him behind the striker for a bit (or top of the precious diamond to be precise) when he returned from his loan. Maybe he will be the understudy for whoever is in the hole.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

MasterHaynes

Quote from: MJG on June 29, 2015, 08:00:51 PM
He was released,  Donnelly has signed an extension and O'Halloran has left as well.
Well I'm absolutely gutted about that, it was bad enough having confirmation of Stephen leaving but I'd have Deano every day of the week over Kaca, has far more to give to the team, a player that uses his pace, direct like George, brave and defensively very strong and still only 19. I thought he showed how influential he could be in last years cup final when he came on for Smile and turned the game around. I clearly am a poor judge of players as I can't see what the staff see in Josh and see something in Deano that they clearly didn't, thought he was certain to get at the very least another year, especially as there is no one pushing through from the U18's this season coupled with Roberts likely to leave. What was I thinking?

fulhamben

arthurworry?  damn he looked good to me. had some real pace for a cb too
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Jamie88

Anyone know if Della-Verde has left as well? I'd assume he has, didn't seem to be anywhere near the first team

fulhamben

where are you getting your released plaeyer list from mjg. i could only find this http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/june/12/player-departures
which says  Friday 12 June 2015 16:00
The Club can confirm that Hugo Rodallega will leave Fulham when his contract expires at the end of this month.

Tim Hoogland, Gabor Kiraly, Chris David and Adil Chihi will also be leaving the Club, as will Josh Passley, Solomon Sambou, Jonathan Buatu and Noe Baba.

We'd like to thank all of these players for their contributions to Fulham over the years, and wish them all the best in their future careers.

Those not mentioned who are out of contract with the Club are still in the process of discussion.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

MJG

All three were out of contract and speaking to a couple of the forum at the get together on Saturday that was the info I was given in all three.
I suspect we will not really know the final situation till Wednesday when hopefully the website will update.

FPT

Here, here!

I'm quietly excited to see George Williams compete with Ben Pringle for that left sided midfield role. Two different wingers, Pringle the more defensive, crossing focused wide man, with George Williams the more forcing, direct runner winger.

I thought George did well whilst he was involved, and went on a decent run of games before becoming a little jaded and less of an impact as he had been. Now there's a genuine position for him to fight for, rather than a left central midfield role, I'm looking forward to seeing him compete.

Pleasant surprise to see him ready from the start of pre-season.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: MasterHaynes on June 29, 2015, 09:07:08 PM
Well I'm absolutely gutted about that, it was bad enough having confirmation of Stephen leaving but I'd have Deano every day of the week over Kaca, has far more to give to the team, a player that uses his pace, direct like George, brave and defensively very strong and still only 19. I thought he showed how influential he could be in last years cup final when he came on for Smile and turned the game around. I clearly am a poor judge of players as I can't see what the staff see in Josh and see something in Deano that they clearly didn't, thought he was certain to get at the very least another year, especially as there is no one pushing through from the U18's this season coupled with Roberts likely to leave. What was I thinking?

Spot on! Dean was a good winger and definitely changed the cup final. Again I agree about Smile, what do they see in him that they dont in Dean? At 19 I think thats a harsh decision and shows how inconsistent Kit is with his judgement or maybe its just me.

Either way I think Kavanagh is proof that Kit loves a favourite
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

SG

I wouldn't think that the decision to release a youngster is that of Kit's alone. The academy people will have a large say in these decisions

Barrett487

It will be good to see George challenging for a place... i wonder if Kit will consider him.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/september/17/team-news
George Williams continued his comeback from injury last weekend as he played the final half an hour of the Under-21s' 2-1 win against Stoke.

He's due to feature again when they face Blackburn at Motspur Park on Friday night, and Symons admitted he's delighted with how the youngster's recovery is going.

"George had his 30 minutes for the Under-21s and he'll play tomorrow so that will be good for him," he said. "We can start upping his game time. It's early days for George but he did well on Saturday. I spoke to Peter Grant and he was really happy with his performance.

"It can catch up on you, though; there was a day in training this week where he was off it a little bit, but then the next day he was very, very good again. So it's still very early days for him and he's playing his way back in, but he's doing smashing, George, we're really pleased with him."