watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jazz Richards

Started by Jonaldiniho 88, June 30, 2015, 08:23:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craven Mad

He's young, British, cheap, recently impressed on the international stage against Belgium and is reportedly attracting Premier League interest from a number of clubs, by all accounts this should be a transfer we're all going wild for!

Say what you will about Jazz, but - if he does join - he's helping fill cover for both RB and LB (positions we're dangerously short in) and isn't costing us too much either. During his time on loan we played in a formation that overly exposed the fullbacks, so I personally feel judging that him too harshly for (some admittedly average) performances seems a tad unfair.

grandad

Feel sorry for him already. He will be the number 1 boo boy no matter what he does.
Where there's a will there's a wife

sunburywhite

Jazz always used to be very good at The Bulls Head in Barnes on a Sunday lunchtime when Tony Lee was on the piano
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

filham

Well, Kit has seen him play a dozen games for us plus a few internationals for Wales so I imagine there is no risk involved.

Let us have faith in Kit's judgement and hope that with a new centre and left back  Jazz will be part of a solid back four.

blingo

After reading all of this I've got the blues.

Gloss White

I think he is going to be a great addition and will have a terrific season. Not nearly as bad as people make out and I am delighted he is coming.

cmg

Where would we be without the internet to keep us fully informed and up to speed on all transfer occurances? In the old days we would have to wait until the Evening Standard announced it...probably a week after the bloke had made his debut.

Now we all know instantly that Jazz is about to play for Crystal Palace, Norwich, QPR, Aston Villa, Derby, West Ham and Besiktas (I may have got the last one wrong) possibly in rotation.
We are at the same time informed that he is undergoing a medical at Fulham in case his health has deteriorated since last he played for us about a month ago, presumably to see if he is fit enough to endure the marathon tour of football clubs he seems to have planned.

Lighthouse

Quote from: cmg on July 01, 2015, 09:50:27 AM
Where would we be without the internet to keep us fully informed and up to speed on all transfer occurances? In the old days we would have to wait until the Evening Standard announced it...probably a week after the bloke had made his debut.

Now we all know instantly that Jazz is about to play for Crystal Palace, Norwich, QPR, Aston Villa, Derby, West Ham and Besiktas (I may have got the last one wrong) possibly in rotation.
We are at the same time informed that he is undergoing a medical at Fulham in case his health has deteriorated since last he played for us about a month ago, presumably to see if he is fit enough to endure the marathon tour of football clubs he seems to have planned.

065.gif
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Peabody

Sorry but I have to say this. He played for us during last season, some of us were impressed and others not so.

To those who were not impressed, what do you want? We certainly are not going to sign Nathan Clyne, if Jazz signs, to me, the signing will be a more than adequate player for our right/left back positions, something most on here have been clamouring for.

rweller86

See how he plays outside of a diamond formation. I felt he wasn't supported much with last season's formation. I agree, he wasn't anything to shout about but he has the potential.
@rweller

FulhamStu

Can he kick with his left foot ?   Is he really an option at left back.   Kit played him left back a few times last season surely only out of desperation !"

alexbishop

I don't think I would be unhappy with him signing but the club have had a fair amount of time to scout him in person within our own set up so should have an almost perfect idea of whether he is the right signing or not.

It should not be a 'we can't find a right back so he will be better than nothing' type signing.

If he does sign and underperforms then I would seriously ask questions about our talent identification process but perhaps he will be a strong player for us.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Wimbledon_White

So, if this happens, presumably it will have been signed off by both Kit and Rigg.

I suspect the blame attribution won't be equally applied however.

Riverside

And if he does perform as he did for Wales how will credit be attributed . (Anyone who can handle Hazard is good enough for me )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alexbishop

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on July 01, 2015, 12:08:24 PM
So, if this happens, presumably it will have been signed off by both Kit and Rigg.

I suspect the blame attribution won't be equally applied however.

Well yes, Kit has coached the player for half a season and presumably likes him enough to want him in the squad next season. Then Rigg will have had a say I am sure in terms of how that fits in to the other transfer plans we have this summer. Rigg will ultimately rely on the scouting reports he is provided with (which for Jazz will have been fed into by Kit).
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

MJG

Quote from: Riverside on July 01, 2015, 12:20:23 PM
And if he does perform as he did for Wales how will credit be attributed . (Anyone who can handle Hazard is good enough for me )

How about if they couldn't handle Redmond, does that mean Redmond is better than Hazard?

Riverside

No it means that Wales had a better organised back 4 than we had and a midfield that covered !

Many forget this is a team game .

ffc73

Quote from: Riverside on July 01, 2015, 12:28:08 PM
No it means that Wales had a better organised back 4 than we had and a midfield that covered !

Many forget this is a team game .

Wales actually played 3x CBs and 2x wing-backs (of which Jazz was one) with 2x holding mid-fielders.

That is nothing like we played last season and I would hazard (no pun intended) a guess to say we will not play that formation in 15/16

The Wales line up suited Jazz's abilities.  Good going forward, defensively ok but better with a centre half and mid-fielder covering.

Not saying he cannot do a job for us only we should take his Wales display in context with the 14 times we saw him and you will probably get a better assessment of him

Riverside

So you conclude that he is good enough for Wales but not good enough for Fulham .

I conclude if he is good enough for Wales he is good enough for Fulham .

Let's see how this pans out ...

ffc73

No Riverside I am not saying he is not good enough for us.

I am not getting carried away with one "great" performance for Wales that has increased his profile nor am I slashing my wrists over his 14x performances for us. 

Whoever plays fullback for us in 15/16 will look better if the formation in front and alongside them is defensively more solid