Ok
5 (38.5%)
Not quite accurate enough
0 (0%)
Poor reflection of our history
5 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 13

dannyboi-ffc

Some members have been very helpful and seem very keen on this subject. And it has made me think about making this a fof verdict of the greatest list rather than just mine. Obviously it is literally impossible to create a top 50 every single person agrees with and thats the beauty of football and opinions. So when answering this question please take into account is it not 'very accurate because saha should be 5th instead of 8th or Schwarzer should be above VDS when they are already next to eachother. Because small tweeks here and there could be done for every individual and if this list meets a happy medium then thats as good as can be.

Now the reason for the poll is if I feel enough people are happy with the list I will keep it at that. A handful of senior members who are lucky enough to have seen more generations then most will have the final say on any players pre 1950 who should go into the top 50 and where they should go. They will also be asked to suggest players from any era who have to be in there from 51-60 and then thats where you guys come into it. I will come up with a list of over 100 names who I feel could be in the final 40 places. Again with the help of some Senior members and then a survey/poll will be posted where you will have 40 votes each to decide the 40 you feel should be there. Whoever receives the most votes will go on the list in order of how you voted. Those that have equal votes will be put in order on my opinion of who was better.

The reason all 100 places cant be voted is because no young members would vote for the likes of Ronnie Rooke who is the greatest striker the club ever had. So in order to get an accurate but democratic vote it will be done this way.

Hopefully the list can be placed in a history section of the website and will be friends of fulhams verdict of our Top 100 Greatest Players.

Feel free to comment below with any thoughts you have about the current list or the whole concept of it. No doubt one or two will say this is another one of my stupid ideas but if it can encourage members to learn their history then that can only be a good thing.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

snarks

Thing is all lists are subjective; to paraphrase Eric Morecombe, "you have all the right players, just not in the right order"

I have to say I don't know enough about the "dark" years in the clubs history to be able to say one way or the other about certain players, also the days of Haynes etc are within my lifetime but before my time. Comparing across the eons is always an impossible task, but generally speaking "not bad lad, not bad" <pats dannyboi on the head in condesending manner>

Peabody

Whilst I think that this is a good comprehensive list, we cannot claim that is a greatest player list, because, very few, if not, none of us saw the prewar players play. For instance, was Danny Shea a better inside forward than Johnny Haynes, or was Barney Travers better than Bobby Zamora?

Questions that can't possibly be answered.

dannyboi-ffc

Both good and fair posts guys. I am a bit weird like that, my brain seems to work at 100mph and I come up with all these ideas. They seem like good ideas in my head until I share them and wise words tell me otherwise.

My hearts in the right place anyway. Bit gutted people are voting bad reflection but I asked the question so I appreciate the response.

Back to the drawing board I guess......

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

nose

Cannot vote
You did a good job but this is a very subjective thing
As an example John Marshall was kless gifted than many more recent players but for the circumstances we were in when he was playing for us he was tremendous.... so where does he deserve to be?
Stan Brown anther one... a great servant should these two actually be placed first and second, clearly they heart was with us and they gave everything, even Ivor left for chelsea and he is a legend at fulham.
You did a good job, such lists will always have differences between us. what i enjoy about these things is having people remind me of players I may have forgotten about Cusack was a great favourite of mine, but we have certainly had other more gifted.

Fulham Tup North

Also, if you are saying "Who was the best player your have seen in a Fulham kit"? Then Shearer would be up there, even though he only played in Glenn Cockerills testimonial.
;)
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Peabody

I voted ok for reasons given.

There only three who are unhappy, so that can be lived with,

RaySmith

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on July 03, 2015, 12:49:56 PM
Both good and fair posts guys. I am a bit weird like that, my brain seems to work at 100mph and I come up with all these ideas. They seem like good ideas in my head until I share them and wise words tell me otherwise.

My hearts in the right place anyway. Bit gutted people are voting bad reflection but I asked the question so I appreciate the response.

Back to the drawing board I guess......

You did a good job Danny, and it's good that you have included players whom only a few on here have seen play, and one or two whom none here have seen, I believe.

But you'll never please everyone, and you have done an excellent job in giving a pretty comprehensive list of our best remembered and loved players.

You have been guided by our suggestions after all.

Craven Mad

I didn't vote, only because I felt the original post was a tad out of place on a  forum - it read more as an article for a blog or something.

Didn't necessarily disagree with any of the choices though; some of them were before my time, so couldn't comment on the accuracy. Agree with some of the others here though, quite a subjective thing who our "best" is...

Try not to take things so personally though, Danny!

dannyboi-ffc

Cheers for the feedback guys. I dont take it personally, in fact this poll wasn't designed to be me digging for praise. It was just to see if people were happy with it and whether we could actually make a list as a collective. Of course its a little disappointing to see people think the list is basically rubbish because it was something I put a lot of thought into. But I won't lose sleep over it, at the end of the day I learn an awful lot about Fulham through my willingness to research and feed off of older fans, as long as I am learning and am able to pass that knowledge through the dannyboi future generations then pleasing others is just an added bonus.

But clearly it is far too difficult. Some people probably think I am a werid one with all these things I suggest but I just try to be creative and add more interest to the board. Some ideas are good and some are bad but I get fed up with reading the same subjects everyday. It becomes a tad boring in the summer with no footie. Anyway I may be different but someone has to be.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]