https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tom Ince

Started by fulhamfan89, July 03, 2015, 03:26:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamfan89

Derby sign Tom Ince why didn't we go for him good player

Craven Mad

There's a post like this literally every time any other team makes a signing...

Ince is a good player, who I'm surprised Hull (who're now in the same league) have sold, but I expect Derby will now need to sell to stay on the right side of FFP (Hughes or Martin seem most likely to go).

I doubt we could've got Ince anyway, reportedly Derby had to trigger a release clause in his loan contract with them to get him at that price (which we couldn't have utilised) and - having had a good loan spell with the Rams (which he didn't have with us) and Derby looking the more likely than us to get promoted - it's no surprise he agreed personal terms.

Good player, who I'd loved to have got here (particularly on a 4 year deal), but doubt we'd have had any chance of getting him anyway.

Sgt Fulham

Damn, can see them walking this division this season...

Blanco

Because they are a top side.

Rupert

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on July 03, 2015, 03:34:46 PM

That would be good, as the rest of the division will run rings round them if they do that.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Craven Mad

Quote from: Rupert on July 03, 2015, 03:38:11 PM
Quote from: Sgt Fulham on July 03, 2015, 03:34:46 PM

That would be good, as the rest of the division will run rings round them if they do that.

They do have Darren Bent -- he did plenty of walking around for us in the Premier League...

Jack Fulham

Is he actually that good? Palace decided not to take him and now Hull have let him go.

fulhamfan89

he's still not the complete player but no doubt he has it in him to be a really good player

snarks

Have to say I'm beginning to wonder about Tom Ince, bright young thing at Blackpool, 2 moves to premiership clubs, where he has failed to impress enough to stay and been loaned back to the championship.

I also thought in the game at the cottage last year Staff had him "in his pocket" for the whole match, Derby fans thought that too.

rweller86

He scored something like 11 goals in 18 games for Derby last year, anything like that over a full season is going to be worth the money.
@rweller

fulhamfan89

anyone know how much they paid?

westcliff white

he made it clear he wanted to go there at the end if the season, was never going to come to us.
Every day is a Fulham day

fulhamben

:group hug:
Quote from: rweller86 on July 03, 2015, 04:21:49 PM
He scored something like 11 goals in 18 games for Derby last year, anything like that over a full season is going to be worth the money.
thing is, he struggles to stay at one club for a whole season
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

rweller86

Quote from: fulhamfan89 on July 03, 2015, 04:37:40 PM
anyone know how much they paid?
Club record of around £4.75m
@rweller

Nero

I think the thing with Ince is his dad's ego getting the lad to believe he is better then he is. All that dicking about last summer to end up at hull and not get a game

Craven Mad

Quote from: Nero on July 03, 2015, 04:59:41 PM
I think the thing with Ince is his dad's ego getting the lad to believe he is better then he is. All that dicking about last summer to end up at hull and not get a game

+1

Think exactly the same.