watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

FFP is a total mockery

Started by blingo, July 03, 2015, 03:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oakeshott

"But I see no reason for QPR to get to flaunt the rules that were in existence last year and the year before that"

Assuming we rule out such crude motives such as favouritism (which I do), the reason can only realistically be the FL's unwillingness to have their rules considered by the courts, because they know there is a chance they will be declared unlawful and that would be both embarrassing and expensive. Unless they have been advised that they are on much stronger legal ground than I believe them to be, the FL have every reason to try to reach an accommodation with QPR.

MJG

I once again urge you to read this article. It explains a lot,  also in relation to European and English law.
http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=48340.0

Forever Fulham

Thanks for posting the link to that article.  A good read.  I was taken aback by that threshold comment,

"Article 68.2 of the FIFA statutes reads: Recourse to ordinary courts of law is prohibited unless specifically provided for in the FIFA regulations. Recourse to ordinary courts of law for all types of provisional measures is also prohibited."

Regardless of what side of the pond you're on, that's just silly.  If your club commits an anticompetitive act under EU law, or one of your players assaults an opponent during a game, who in their right mind would rationally believe the authorities outside of football don't have the right to pursue criminal or civil charges against the club or its player if recourse to address such activities weren't directly addressed in FIFA regulations?

Forever Fulham

And even if such activities were directly addressed in the regulations, overseeing bodies don't get to decide when antitrust violations have or haven't occurred, or when criminal assault is or isn't prosecutable.

grandad

In a nut shell. UEFA want the biggest clubs in their tournaments & will do all they can behind closed doors to assist the big ones qualifying. The PL are only interested in the TV revenue which they share out unequally. The FL are only interested in their 72 clubs staying out of administration. They are not interested in clubs that want to invest their own cash in endeavoring to gain promotion to the PL.
The big clubs will get bigger, the transfer fees will continue to rise ,wages will rise out of all proportion but the real clubs will just muddle along.
I want UEFA to form their own Super League & leave our domestic leagues where teams can play on an even playing field.
Where there's a will there's a wife