watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

FFP is a total mockery

Started by blingo, July 03, 2015, 03:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blingo

Under FFP, clubs cannot spend more than their revenue but one of the new rules allow for clubs who want to invest but fear they could breach the break-even rule to approach Uefa and gain approval for their plan in what is known as a "voluntary settlement".
"We always said we want investors in football but good investors," Uefa general secretary Gianni Infantino said.

Source:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33381403

MJG

Once again as a warning ....do not mix up UEFA FFP with FL FFP.

blingo

Its wrong though. If good enough for UEFA it should be good enough for everyone. It's a farce.

MJG

Did you read the article I posted the other day. No FL team in administration in two seasons. It's working in one way.

blingo

No I never read it. No administration in two seasons but Blackpool being destroyed is ok. Man City or any other club in UEFA with enough money can  reach a "Voluntary Settlement", so if that is the case and with an owner as rich as SK, why can't we reach a "Voluntary Settlement"? The whole thing stinks of you can only do what you like if you are in the top 4 in your league and your owners are rich enough to buy the ticket to financial freedom, otherwise you just fall into line and do as you are told. IMHO, the powers that be don't have the interests of football at heart if they behave in this way.

Nero

Voulantry settlement sounds like a you pay  uefa shed loads of cash and we will turn a blind eye to it all

blingo

That is EXACTLY what it is Mr Nero. It's disgusting.

MJG

But there is no Voluntary settlement in the FL regs. So as I said don't mix the rules up.
And what's happening at Blackpool is dreadful,  but the stat still stands that overall clubs are having to work to be more stable on a financial footing.
Are their flaws in the system,  of course there is. And the FL have moved to allow owners more room to invest. But I for one am in agreement that something like FFP should be in place. But that's just to say I'll completely agree with all the regulations it puts in place.

blingo

But there is in one way Mr MJG, if clubs like man c can buy a voluntary settlement it will have an impact on the premiership, unless I am missing something, so it's great if you can but you're stuffed if you can't as far as I see it.

MJG

It's does and it's about entering their European tournaments.
The PL then have their rules and finally the FL have rules for all three divisions.

So just as some advocate Khan could throw millions above and beyond the rules at the club and we would find sanctions against us from all three groups.
As I said none of its perfect and the UEFA ones are not great with touch wiggle room,  but it's what we have currently and just need to get on with it.

Rhys Lightning 63

This is quite worrying though. As soon as I saw City offering £30m for Sterling and £70m for Pogba, I thought 'good, FFP will mean they can only get those two, meaning they can stay away from Roberts'.

If FFP is being lifted, there's nothing to stop them coming back again
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

blingo

It seems like UEFA do exactly as they please and the rest tag along with a few rules of their own to justify their existence. It is a sham.

Nero

There would.be a simple.way to.sort all this mess out. Any loan by a chairman to a club would.have to.be registered with the fa with the terms and interested chargeable and must be retified by them with no immediate repayment on demand by the owner

MJG

Quote from: blingo on July 03, 2015, 05:46:33 PM
It seems like UEFA do exactly as they please and the rest tag along with a few rules of their own to justify their existence. It is a sham.
Not sure where the anger is coming from on this. The rule change will allow investment for clubs and they can goto UEFA if they look like breaking them and basically coming to a settlement.

blingo

There's no anger Mr MJG, I just find it very unfair that, as always, those that have, can and those that are in a less fortunate position can't, but won't be able to either as those that can will always have the advantage.

MJG

Quote from: blingo on July 03, 2015, 06:09:16 PM
There's no anger Mr MJG, I just find it very unfair that, as always, those that have, can and those that are in a less fortunate position can't, but won't be able to either as those that can will always have the advantage.
But with or without FFP that's always been the way.

Apprentice to the Maestro

I know the headlines don't make encouraging reading but it is premature to call it 'a total mockery' particularly when we don't know the details.

There are several sentences in the report that seem to indicate that Man. City are still under scrutiny:

"Manchester City have had restrictions on transfer spending and Champions League squad size lifted after meeting their Financial Fair Play target.

After breaching Uefa rules, City's spending in 2014 was capped at £49m and their European squad cut to 21 players.

They were also fined £16.3m but, after meeting break-even compliance targets, restrictions have been eased.

"The lifting of restrictions is subject to ongoing additional controls and audits," European football's governing body Uefa said in a statement.

"The club remains under strict monitoring and has still to meet break-even targets and is therefore subject to some limitations in 2016".

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: blingo on July 03, 2015, 03:46:16 PM
Under FFP, clubs cannot spend more than their revenue but one of the new rules allow for clubs who want to invest but fear they could breach the break-even rule to approach Uefa and gain approval for their plan in what is known as a "voluntary settlement".
"We always said we want investors in football but good investors," Uefa general secretary Gianni Infantino said.

Source:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33381403

My understanding from the material and explanations from MJG is that, crudely, the owner can give money freely to areas such as the stadium and the Academy and even, in the Championship, give substantially towards the building of the team, currently £13m per year, with the emphasis on 'give', not borrow or loan.

MJG

Within the boundaries of the regulations and what they take into account we could for the 2015/16 year show a total loss of  £13m.

Forever Fulham

If FFP rules get changed, then I'm OK with prospective application.  But I see no reason  for QPR to get to flaunt the rules that were in existence last year and the year before that--the rules the other teams in the same league had to live under.  That's just not right.