News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jol Staying at Ajax- Official (Also now Broken on SSN)

Started by os5889, July 22, 2010, 09:41:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

os5889

http://www.ajax.nl/Nieuws/Nieuwsarchief/Nieuws-artikel/Jol-Ik-ga-door-bij-Ajax.htm

Martin Jol has decided to offer to England to get to work beside him to resign and continue as a trainer in Amsterdam. He did this after conversations with the club of Ajax.
Jol (Den Haag, January 16, 1956) signed as coach of the German HSV on May 26, 2009 a contract with Ajax which runs from July 1, 2009 to June 30, 2012. Ajax won last season with Jol as coach of the KNVB Cup and was second in the league.

He looks back on the hectic week. ,, Thursday late evening, I heard the interest. Over the last period more often informed by clubs, but the newspaper has not been met. So there was thus nothing wrong. That was Friday and especially Saturday when we landed in Porto Ajax or otherwise. I've had a few difficult days, for I was there so bad in my stomach. "

,, Ajax let me know as not wanting to let go. And while I think that I can not make at this time to leave Ajax. I came here last summer, going to be successful, a good team building and fun. And those three things for me for next season of interest. Over there I took last weekend in Portugal and we have held talks in recent days in Amsterdam, also in detail. "

"The club and I share each other's concerns. Everyone knows that Ajax has financial difficulties. Last year we have another million loss. But what is equally annoying is that next season we want better performance than last season. The expectations are always high at Ajax. But I am now among others Marko Pantelic, Dennis Rommedahl, Kennedy and Gabriella lost and there is nobody added. Also is the uncertainty about whether to stay on a few major players. We are making preparations now for weeks without the players, after a difficult season yet have experienced the whole World Cup. They must contain only one weeks holiday again filled the container with Ajax. Wednesday we play already against PAOK for qualification to the Champions League. Offers from other clubs that I received in April and May, I brushed aside the same time, but this time have my agent Mino Raiola serious talks with the British delegation. "

"I am pleased that these hectic days are over. We go along with the club look to the future. We have now a priority and that is Wednesday's game against PAOK. And we want to strengthen ourselves. It breaks both inside and outside the field an exciting time for Ajax. We are all going to do our best team soon to get the desired level. "

CEO Rik van den Boog as Jol is pleased with the outcome of the talks: "It is annoying to everyone that lasted one week, but the important thing is the result, and that is good. Because Ajax Martin continues. "

AlFayedsChequebook

Oh well. I wonder who is next?

At least I can now laugh at Ajax and Jol when they sell their best players and finish mid table.

os5889

Sorry to break this one fellas, I'm devastated, cant even eat my cheerios

"Ik ga door bij Ajax' rougly translated is I continue at Ajax

bazzamcb

for god's sake. who's it gonna be now??

Ordar

We're in big trouble now. Anyone we approach will know they're second best.

Lets hope we had a back up in mind and it wont take 4 weeks to approach another manager

Serotonin

Quote from: Ordar on July 22, 2010, 09:57:22 AM
We're in big trouble now. Anyone we approach will know they're second best.

Lets hope we had a back up in mind and it wont take 4 weeks to approach another manager

My sentiments exactly. In fairness the club haven't been the ones to make this public, it just leaked out in the press, but it was still a very public flirtation. No a lister will want us now, sounds like we've burnt our bridges with Sven, and Jol's snub will just reinforce the perception that we're not a big enough club. I've gone from being extremely confident about the new season to incredibly pessimistic, all since I read this thread  :016:

Abbotsbury White

A right kick in the knackers,we are a bit of a laughing stock over this debacle,I really hope we dont go with Jones,needs sorting asap.
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town.

bazzamcb

i can tell it's gonna be someone like jones or clarke or southgate.

Lighthouse

Well we must have a plan for a quick resolution. Bring in SOMEBODY who actually wants the job. Even if it is Dave Jones  or somebody. Tell him the height of our ambition is to stay up. Sodding about with Jol has wasted far too much time.

Typical Fulhamish - Greatest season followed by the a close season of is he, isn't he? Now let's sort it out and appoint a manager this week.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

mrska

AlFayedsChequebook

I get the feeling that it was only in Jol's interest to make this whole shitstorm public. Since there are NO quotes from the club I reckon it was Jol's agent who was leaking like crazy to the press about Jol wanting to move to England in order to force Ajax's hand.

What now? Vahid Hilhodzic. He is a very Roy-like figure who is currently unemployed. Great coach. Or maybe Sven. Or maybe Houllier.

tingtawng

looks like Mo has stuffed it up bigtime ,he should have gone with Sven instead of trying to poach an employed manager ,now who will want to take the poisoned chalice of a job ?? hobsons choice ,cant think who would want to take on the job now :035:
IN SVEN VE TVUST

ScalleysDad

Quote from: bazzamcb on July 22, 2010, 10:07:04 AM
i can tell it's gonna be someone like jones or clarke or southgate.

You are probably right and that might also mean one or two of the "names" pondering their futures. Lewington and Murphy at this rate !

os5889

Skybet, worth a tip before it clears up

Jones, D. 5/2
McLeish, A 5/1
Eriksson, S. 6/1
Curbishley A 10/1
Hughes, M. 10/1
Bradley, B 10/1
Zola, G. 12/1
Clark L 16/1
Baxter, S. 16/1
Hitzfeld, O. 16/1
Lewington, R 16/1
Jol, M. 25/1
Bilic, S. 25/1
Mowbray, T. 66/1
Jewell, P. 66/1
Houllier, G. 66/1
Le Guen, P. 66/1
Lewington, R. 66/1
McKinlay, B. 66/1
Kelly, M. 66/1
Adams, M. 66/1
Wilkins, R. 66/1
Peschisolido, P. 66/1
Tigana, J. 66/1
O Driscoll S 66/1
Queiroz, C. 66/1
Hoddle, G. 66/1
Southgate, G. 66/1
Keegan, K. 66/1
Pearce, S. 66/1

Jimpav

An utter embarassment that has left us looking like fools and Jol looking very unprofessional. Hopefully this will have ruined any chances whatsoever of him working in the premier league again.

Serotonin

Dave Jones? That's like spending half an hour trying to nick a Bentley, getting disturbed and running off with a kids tricycle instead. Why should we even bother? Time for cool heads. This is damaging and disappointing but hopefully the club and MAF won't panic.

Fernhurst

I DON'T BLOODY BELIEVE IT  :046: :046:

What now, held in up in ridicule and faced with a hurried hobson's choice of a dilemma.......

Who can we get in that the players will respect ??????

Very very unsettling

ScalleysDad

would'nt it be ironic, nay fulhamish, nay gut churning if Roy was to ring up Baxter and put in a word. Being from Wolverhampton and all that there might be language barrier difficulties but he is a humble enough guy to take the job and not worry about what and who has gone before.

os5889

Quote from: Serotonin on July 22, 2010, 10:31:08 AM
Dave Jones? That's like spending half an hour trying to nick a Bentley, getting disturbed and running off with a kids tricycle instead. Why should we even bother? Time for cool heads. This is damaging and disappointing but hopefully the club and MAF won't panic.

Stolen as a facebook status brilliant