watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Our new Midfield

Started by FulhamStu, July 04, 2015, 07:41:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FulhamStu

We could have 4 new MF players by the end of next week if we sign McDonald and O'Hara.  These would all be close to starting players.  Add LVC, Parker, Hyndman, Tunnicliffe then think about Williams, Roberts, Kacka, Eisfeld, maybe Cole etc - we do seem to be a bit over-loaded.  I know we should have 2 players for each position, but I think we could have issues with players not getting a game.  Who do you think we will ship out / loan ?   Roberts is the obvious one I guess.  Anyway, I am very happy with the signings so far and those players we are connected too, Rigg has a plan and is executing it well.

Gloss White

And with LVC and Hyndman coming back from injury it is like having 6 new midfield players.
I guess some of Roberts, Williams, Kacka, Eisfield and Cole will be loaned out or sold. Not sure what the plans are with Tunnicliffe although he has played right back so a good utility player

Craven Mad

I'm not sure if R.Williams, Eisfeld, Cole or Na Bangna (remember him?) will really be in consideration and might be shifted if we can get some money for them (even if just on loan).

Kaca is a tough one. On his day he looks incredible, but he's absurdly inconsistent and - I think - gets complacent too easily. He always looks best straight after a spell on the sidelines but drops form once he cements a place in the lineup. He'd still have some value, and I'd be tempted to sell him (ideally to a team outside of our league, just in case he gets good).

Tunnicliffe will have value in this league and I'm not sure he'll be in Kit's first team plans, so could be shifted if someone offers the right price/trade deal. With the suggested transfers, we have enough CMs so I reckon we should try to sell/swap for a RM/RW.

Roberts is heavily rumoured to be off. Hard to know what's going on behind closed doors, but you'd hope there're contract negotiations going on.

Really, I think our certain first-teamers are [inc. likely transfers]: KMc, Parker, O'Hara, Hyndman, LVC, Cairney, Pringle, G.Williams, Kav.

That gives us nine players; 3 LM/LWs and 6 CAM/CM/DMs. Not too well balanced.. Definitely need to be looking for some right-sided players, or we're moving towards another narrow formation (or with players like LVC pushed out wide).

dannyboi-ffc

Larnell Cole lol. I will eat my hat if he features in the league next season. But I agree if we bring in McDonald and O'hara then we will need to lose someone who plays centrally. I wouldn't shed a tear for tunnicliffe the twitter man if he was to be sold, maybe give him back to Man utd since he likes going on about playing for them so much. He could have potential but I feel he will be too far down the pecking order to stake a claim. Lets be honest LVC and Hyndman are the others in the team with potential and both are a million miles better than him. Then we will have the finished article in o'hara mcdonald(if they sign) and Cairney as well as the experience of Parker. What does Tunnicliffe offer?

It looks to be a choice between parker or him and I would rather keep Parker
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

fulhamben

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on July 04, 2015, 09:07:09 AM
Larnell Cole lol. I will eat my hat if he features in the league next season. But I agree if we bring in McDonald and O'hara then we will need to lose someone who plays centrally. I wouldn't shed a tear for tunnicliffe the twitter man if he was to be sold, maybe give him back to Man utd since he likes going on about playing for them so much.

the php does not agree with this. anyhow we are stuck with parker because no other club would pay him even half of what we do. we need to go full on arsenal and only offer one year deals to over 30s
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: fulhamben on July 04, 2015, 09:10:12 AM
Larnell Cole lol. I will eat my hat if he features in the league next season. But I agree if we bring in McDonald and O'hara then we will need to lose someone who plays centrally. I wouldn't shed a tear for tunnicliffe the twitter man if he was to be sold, maybe give him back to Man utd since he likes going on about playing for them so much.

the php does not agree with this. anyhow we are stuck with parker because no other club would pay him even half of what we do. we need to go full on arsenal and only offer one year deals to over 30s

I added to my post in between you replying, just to clear up any confusion
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

fulhamben

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on July 04, 2015, 09:16:07 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on July 04, 2015, 09:10:12 AM

I added to my post in between you replying, just to clear up any confusion
did you grab an eighth ( player, not performance enhancing drugs) for tomorrow
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

filham

I think we used  about 37 players last season which indicates an unsettled side and I am hoping for a strong first eleven  this season that almost picks itself. This should result in the use of about twenty two players or so. A squad of 30 should therefore see us safely through the season, we therefore have too many players overall and yes, the midfield is looking distinctly overcrowded.

Kit really has to carry out some difficult pruning particularly as he has yet to bring in a top class left back and central defender.

The two players I really want to stay are Roberts and Hyndman as within the next twelve months these two could be capable of turning a solid mid table championship outfit into a promotion chasing team.

Riverside

I have a suspicion that it is McDonald OR O Hara . Be surprised if both

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk