Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

I believe we have good options so far

Ross McCormack
Matt Smith
Cauley Woodrow
Moussa Dembele
Adam Taggart

Not sure if Taggart will stay fit then with Woodrow & Dembele they are talented but inexperienced I believe we could definitely do with another option up there.

Some good options in my opinion

Gary Hooper
Adam Le Fondre
Frazier Campbell

f321ffc

Jordan Rhodes please. 049:gifCOYW
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

filham

We would have to pay a big fee to get better than we already have, and run the risk of signing another Marlet or Mitroglou. The money would be better spent in ensuring we get the best possible left back and central defender.

colinwhite

The money we get for mitroglu will go on another striker. If Ross was to get injured (god forbid 9 we would look bit thin.

f321ffc

Not going to happen but if he's not sold or loaned out i would love to see the £11m Greek given a go, maybe he would rip these championship defences apart. 049:gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Lighthouse

Yes we need a decent striker with Ross. Not a priority and clearly not going to happen if the Greek stinks up the place for another year.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Wearethewhites

We need to replace Hugo's goals, so in my eyes it's a yes. What did he score in the end, 9? Ok, we have others but I don't think we can take a guesstimate on what Woodrow, Tagart can deliver.

Craven Mad

I suppose it depends on how good Taggart is (I've seen his record, but can't claim to be an avid watcher of the Aussie League) and whether Plumain might be able to make the step up.

My concern is that our strikers are all of the same mould - we could do with a pace-machine! I saw Hull are in for James Wilson on loan - seems like he could be a good shout. Jordan Rhodes would be a dream, but really can't see us having the cash to make that happen within FFP.

EDIT: we definitely have bigger priorities though (*COUGH*A WHOLE NEW DEFENCE*COUGH*). Ross is possibly the league's best all-round striker and Cauley/Smith/Dembele are more than adequate backups.

MisfitKid

Quote from: filham on July 04, 2015, 09:37:57 AM
We would have to pay a big fee to get better than we already have, and run the risk of signing another Marlet or Mitroglou. The money would be better spent in ensuring we get the best possible left back and central defender.
:plus one:
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

MJG

Yes quite possibly , but it's the last signing we need to make.
Depending on how the window goes if we generate some income we can use I'd go looking for another proven mobile striker.
As much as I like the bunch we have,  I don't think any are ready to chip in  with the 20 goals we need from someone after Ross.

FPT

I think so. I agree with MJG in that it has to be our last of the window really.

Smith and Woodrow might be able to chip in with 10 goals each, Dembele maybe 5 with more game time, Adam Taggart is an unknown quantity. I'd be surprised if we were to see Mitroglou in pre-season, let alone pulling on the white shirt in the Championship. Estimations of course.

We could do with somebody that can chip in with 15 and give our attack another dimension, of which Frazier Campbell would be a strong loan move.

dannyboi-ffc

I think it depends on how ambitious the club wants to be. At the moment we have a strikeforce that can get by in workman like fashion but if the club intends to be serious contenders this season we have to buy a striker. But it has to be a quality one with movement otherwise its pointless and unfortunately those strikers dont come cheap which is why I think it is inevitable the club will sell Roberts. I dont understand FFP but surely if the rumours are correct about players we are linked with then the club wont be able to buy a striker.

I dont think anyone can have an opinion on Taggart which shows he would be a gamble regardless of how good he could be. Smith is a good option but thats all he can be,  you cant build a promotion push around him. We need to be consistent in our approach but still be unpredictable to stop others being able to counter act our style. Exactly like Bournemouth but with Smith I think teams can suss the gameplan out in half an hour let alone a whole season. Woodrow is someone I really like BUT saha boa and bazza scored over 70 goals between them. I think even Caulay would admit that despite what he brings to the team he isnt capable of more than 7/8 a season.

I actually prefer Woodrow to Dembele but Moussa has the greater potential, I just dont think he is mature enough or ready to play such a big role. Maybe a loan would be good for him.

So to summarise I agree with MJG that it has to be the least priority as other positions are weaker but strikers make the difference between success and failure and I think we'd be relying an awful lot on Ross if we dont
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging