watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham Top 6 Twitter

Started by fulhamfan89, July 04, 2015, 12:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamfan89

Iv seen a lot of post's of fans from other clubs predicting the outcome of the season and a lot of those iv seen have derby winning the league followed by us getting promotion anyone agree with this. I'm not 100% yet that we will get automatic promotion.

fulhamben

Quote from: fulhamfan89 on July 04, 2015, 12:25:42 PM
Iv seen a lot of post's of fans from other clubs predicting the outcome of the season and a lot of those iv seen have derby winning the league followed by us getting promotion anyone agree with this. I'm not 100% yet that we will get automatic promotion.
well we are certainly making some good signings on paper. Too early to guess where we will finish as we don't know who we will sell or even what formation kit will pick
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Wearethewhites

Won't be strong enough for promotion this year, unless we fluke the playoffs, but year 3 I reckon we'll be in good stead IF we continue the good work.

HatterDon

Okay, I was fooled by the title -- my fault.

I thought this was going to be the "top six tweets about Fulham"

nothing to see here; move along.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Rhys Lightning 63

We'd need a bit of luck along the way, buuuuuuuut... I reckon Top 6 is a shout. Assuming we've learned from our mistakes and put things right
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on July 04, 2015, 04:51:02 PM
We'd need a bit of luck along the way, buuuuuuuut... I reckon Top 6 is a shout. Assuming we've learned from our mistakes and put things right

I'm with you about top six. We would need to start well and stay fit but it's not out the question. Let's hope kit has them set up right and well drilled on set pieces come our first game.

JackyFulham90

We are still a long way from top 6 yet but our business has been positive so far we are getting closer

Craven Mad

Having looked at what's needed to be top 6 in previous seasons, I think we're miles off at the moment to be honest. Probably top 10 material currently, at best.

Over the past 6 seasons, the average for the top 6 was: 75  scored, 48 conceded, and a difference of +27.

Last year, we: scored 62 (13 short of playoff average), we conceded 83 (35 over average) and had a difference of -21 (48 short of the average).

Obviously those are just averages (and some teams have gone up on far less [Hull were 2nd in 12/13 season with a GD of just +9]), but it gives you an idea of what's expected in this league.

But, based on those numbers, if we want to get into the playoffs we need to find around 50 goals on last year (either scored or not conceded). I don't think we're anywhere near that with only Cairney and Pringle as new players (Jazz was here last year) who're likely to start (Lonergan himself accepts Bett's is first choice).

We've a long way to go before we can start talking playoffs, IMO. Sorting out the defence is key though, and I'm optimistic that Rigg is looking at a number of ways to do that.

Maybe in a couple of weeks time I'll feel differently.

Fernhurst

Studious  analysis  Craven, will stick with my prediction of 8th place.

Too much too soon for our newly assembled band of heroes.

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Rhys Lightning 63

What I AM confident of though, is that we will be the top London club. That I would put money on
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Artful Dodger

We do need to bring in another defender or two but to me, LVC will be like a new signing and if we start with Smith up front from day 1, we could and possibly should be aiming for top 6. When LVC was playing and fit, we went from bottom to 14th in what was top 6 form. Add Smith, Cairney, Pringle and hopefully one or two more to that team I think we shouldn't be far off - maybe not automatic promotion but play-offs should be our target.

By the way, a Blackburn friend of mine who goes to all their games reckons Cairney is a top player and the best at Blackburn last season but they basically have a transfer embargo at the moment and having to sell players and he is worried about them staying up even.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

dannyboi-ffc

I think its difficult to commit to saying we will be promoted but generally I think every season 10 teams start the season with a realistic chance of top 6 and we have to be one of them now with these signings.

And I think top 10 with a push for playoffs is a fair expectation to have. I think us fans are entitled to be disappointed if we finish in the bottom half of the table.

But I don't envy Kit, this is a tough job
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

MJG

It's about being there or thereabouts. Kit's overall record was position 12th.. ..Although I know 2nd half of his reign was bottom four... But I always believed even with last year's squad we should have been 9-14 th.
So the jump I don't think is that large to top half, but it's top 8 minnium we need to be aiming for to stay in touch. 1.6/7 pts per game will keep us in touch as the season progresses.
Six of top eight after ten games last season were there at the end. Need to start well.

WestCountryWhite

Although they will undoubtedly take a few games to gel we have signed proven top players at this level. I'd be very dissapointed with anything below top 6

Mince n Tatties

Anyone else  think the club might surprise us by signing a player from
Higher grade Home or Abroad,one that will get other clubs fans stating
"What's he doing signing for Fulham".
We have done it before.... 049:gif