News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How many signings would be TOO many signings?

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, July 04, 2015, 10:09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhys Lightning 63

Whilst I'm happy with our signings thus far, are we (depending on your viewpoint) in danger of officially entering 'complete overhaul' mode?

We've made four signings thus far, we look set to be getting a fifth in soon (to presumably fill our left back slot, be it Bennett or Husband).

Do you reckon this is our business done? If not, are we in danger of changing too much and putting ourselves in the same spot we were in LAST summer?
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

MJG

Depends on their roles really. It would be argued by some that only three players deserve to start,  so we may need 8 to apease them for starting players.
I suspect Kit thinks he has signed three starters,we need I think at least two more starters and 3/4 players to compete, support. We usually have a full youth/u21/full list of 60plus. I think we have, 57 and more to leave. So need to keep bringing players in.

JackyFulham90

If we get Bennett, Dunk, O'Hara & McDonald I would be happy with our summer business although I still would like to see a pacey striker like Frazier Campbell brought in

FPT

It depends on the planned system, two defenders (central and left back) are vital really, so two is the least. A holding midfielder (Kevin McDonald) would be great. If we're going for a 433, then Jamie O'Hara as an option to play in a further forward central midfield position would be welcome. Then a right winger is also required, preferably with some pace and power to give another dimension to our offence, then a striker later in the window for a bit more proven fire power, again a bit of pace would be nice there.

That's 5 more, and that takes us to 9 overall, so I do think double figures would be 'too' much, or more than necessary.

*Excuse my appalling maths - I'll leave it there for you to enjoy. 6 more signings, taking us to 10.

dannyboi-ffc

I think 5 would give us a good squad. Like said above Dunk, O'Hara, Mcdonald and Bennett would be good business. Add the right striker to that and we have a very good 11 with enough quality in depth without blocking a route through for players like Hyndman, G Williams, Grimmer etc....

I still think we will lose a few to balance it out, Ruiz and Amorebieta I am assuming will not be in the plans. I have a feeling Roberts will leave even if it doesn't happen until late in the window. Possibly lose Dembele too unfortunately as he seems to be linked to a few clubs, hopefully the club opt to loan him instead as he will offer a lot with a bit more maturity. And if we get in O'Hara and Mcdonald then I can see Tunnicliffe leaving.  So whilst its not great to sign TOO many players I think the players we are signing were necessary and I trust Rigg to get the right balance before the window closes
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging