Main Menu

Training in Portugal, club video

Started by f321ffc, July 07, 2015, 12:06:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

f321ffc

Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Barrett487

Interesting insight at the end to Kit's coaching style, signs of motivational skills there.

I also notice the Benny Hill Show did some editing half way through.

filham

OK an expensive pre season trip to ( in Kit's words) get the building blocks and foundations in the right place and a highly important time to find the right balance and options.
So one assumes this includes sorting his back four out and that any new signing at left back or centre back  may now be disruptive.

MJG

Quote from: filham on July 07, 2015, 12:39:37 PM
OK an expensive pre season trip to ( in Kit's words) get the building blocks and foundations in the right place and a highly important time to find the right balance and options.
So one assumes this includes sorting his back four out and that any new signing at left back or centre back  may now be disruptive.
So what do you do then?  Absolutely no training till you have EVERY player brought in and out?

shnlwswlkr

Building the foundations for others to be added. As long as there is already good vibe and relationship in the group to join, it will not be disruptive at all.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

Thamesbank

cmg

Interesting again.

- All-in wrestling as part of the training regime for corners (as in real life).
- Ross with a Berbatov-style pen.
- Good sense of enjoyment and commitment.
- Kit's phrase of the month: "Buying in to it..."

Blanco

Really positive stuff here. Compare this to the mad germans pre season training last season.

sunburywhite

There seems to be a shortage of tattoos for a professional footballer

Some players don't even appear to have any. What is going on
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

filham

Quote from: shnlwswlkr on July 07, 2015, 01:23:22 PM
So one assumes this includes sorting his back four out and that any new signing at left back or centre back  may now be disruptive.

Building the foundations for others to be added. As long as there is already good vibe and relationship in the group to join, it will not be disruptive at all.

Of course you are right, I am afraid the wait for a new left back and centre back is getting to me and resulting in me becoming sarcastic on the matter.

However remember the old guideline was to build from the back and in view of the 80+ goals conceded last season I really hope we don't leave it too long before we plug the holes in our defense.

filham

Quote from: shnlwswlkr on July 07, 2015, 01:23:22 PM

Of course you are right, I am afraid the wait for a new left back and centre back is getting to me and resulting in me becoming sarcastic on the matter.

However remember the old guideline was to build from the back and in view of the 80+ goals conceded last season I really hope we don't leave it too long before we plug the holes in our defense.

God The Mechanic

Up until the 1st July any transfer that went through will have impacted last season's finances.  THIS season is barely a week old and you're getting frustrated by a lack of two specific signings?  In spite of there being plenty of rumoured movement in those areas.

Jack Fulham

I think its very good that Rigg is doing the transfers. It leaves Kit to get on with the training without distraction.

YoungsBitter

It is ridiculous how we desperately look for positive signs after such a depressing few seasons but I have to agree with the sentiment from Blanco and Woolly that I watched that and did feel uplifted.
The squad is young and strong and will be fit.
The squad for all that energy and youth is experienced in the grind of the Championship.
Kit for all his St. Brendan School of Management speak seems engaged and the groundwork is in place for a consistent fast paced game, on every video so far ( all 2 of them) lots of one touch short pass high pace with lots of pressing from player not on the ball. Kit funnily looks the most unfit of them all, obviously a "do as I say not do as I do" coach unlike Coyle and Pardew.
I agree with MJG too that they work hard now, building with what we have, in case all of the great discussions and transfer  targets do not come off. I think thats why we see all the back four players we have excluding Amorebieta who is still to return, including Donnelly, Burgess and Voser get a full run out and opportunity to integrate. I think they are selecting the targets based on their ability to play the style we want to play and fit in easily - hence notice not much rumour mill stuff about us recruiting French Guyanan Center Backs from Ligue 1 minor teams who dont speak English, or unheard of Greek left backs playing in the Budesliga lower reaches.
So as boring as it seems we are quietly doing our business, recruiting English based, experienced Championship payers who are young with a future or someone like O'Hara who has something to prove. Kit has the money and commitment for the preseason to be productive.
Yes, I am actually getting confident that we might actually surprise everyone and go on and grab top 6!
Quark, strangeness and charm

colinwhite

I like what i am seeing . Seems to me that the plan has been taking shape since Riggs appointment and it may just prove a very shrewd move to keep faith in Kit . I for one will gladly eat humble pie, if he succeeds ....and its looking more and more that he may have a chance .
We are clearly going to sign a few more players ... COYW!

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I'm getting excited for the season to start.
I think O'Hara and if we get him, McDonald will be a huge boost to the defense
by way of protecting them more, something that we were useless at last year.
In addition by signing at least one winger, there's a bit more protection for one full back.
So if Pringle plays on the right, with Richards and or Grimmer that's reasonably sorted.
Now to the left......

Carney and LVC charging through the middle....
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

jj____

I know its easy to sit here in retrospect and ask this question, but, doesn't is seem so much different than last season?  To me it seems more positive, more energetic, more unified just based off these videos, social media, and what Lonergan had to say.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Strange as it may seem, I was, in some ways quite happy about the pre-season last year.
The previous season we seemed to fade away in the last 15/20 minutes of nearly every game.
The tough fitness regime of Felix seemed to be a good thing to counter this.
OK, so we'd been demoted but there was high expectation of a good season and a possible
re-bounce straight away.

However.........then the rest of the BS started.......
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Blanco