watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

And thus, the Bryan Ruiz era is over

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, July 07, 2015, 10:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holders

I think it's actually quite sad that so many are celebrating the departure of such a skilful player. I know the  arguments but I'd rather a team of ballplayers than a team of cloggers any day.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

F(f)CUK

I dreamt about Ruiz last night. People would not play football against him because he was too tough when tackling???!!!

Blanco

Typical. The bloke actually leaves and now you are all sad he's going and oh so appreciative of his contribuitions.

Ordar

Cant remember him having any brilliant games, and he hardly set the championship alight last season.

13 goals in over 100 games is pretty terrible for a number 10. There were very small flashes of brilliance but overall he was massively disappointing. Good luck in Portugal Bryan, let's use the money to get Dunk in.

COYW

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Jack Fulham on July 08, 2015, 12:56:34 AM
Always thought he tried his best when he played even in the bad games. Obviously not right for English football but acted with class and integrity. Wish him all the best.
My sentiments exactly
0001.jpeg
Good luck Bryan

Holders

Quote from: Blanco on July 08, 2015, 06:38:41 AM
Typical. The bloke actually leaves and now you are all sad he's going and oh so appreciative of his contribuitions.

Don't put me in that category, I've always been consistent in my appreciation and support of him.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

General

I think he'll do well for sporting personally. I think the culture and style of the game they play will give him the space and time to do a much better job, plus the ability to play Champions League will be added incentive.

It's a shame he couldn't perform properly for us. On his day he had that bit of creative genius we had not seen before at the cottage in my era.

All the best, Bryan.

p.s. 60 million euros... they clearly see something.

tommy

Personally I dont think anyone will ever really believe they saw him have a brilliant game. He had flashes of brilliance but the best I can ever say is he was decent.

A brilliant player would have been able to adapt, not just to England but to what ever position he was played in, at least to some extent. But he never did. Again he showed flashes but I never once saw him give a man of the match performance. He never looked like he was trying and for that I'm glad he's gone.

FulhamStu

If Ruiz was any way suited to the English game and half as good as some make out, why did no other English Club even make a £1M bid for him.  He was another Jol cock up.   Yes had skill but was the easiest player to run past I can ever remember and was the reason why Kit played that bloody diamond all last season.
He cost a lot of money in fee and salary - a very poor return for Fulham.   Nice guy I am sure however I don't want nice guys, I want winners.

leonffc

Quote from: Holders on July 08, 2015, 06:02:45 AM
I think it's actually quite sad that so many are celebrating the departure of such a skilful player. I know the  arguments but I'd rather a team of ballplayers than a team of cloggers any day.

Unfortunately the same philosophy as Jol. He wanted a whole team of No.10's which eventually got us relegated.

Ruiz was undoubtably talented, a first touch only bettered in Fulham history by Berbatov (another Jol 10), good vision and sublime ability. A joy to watch in seldom fleeting moments.
Unfortunately he was rarely up for the fight, particularly in away games. If Jol played him as a No10 from the start and put battlers and runners around him then maybe he would have hit the ground running and had more of an attachment to English football but alas it was never to be and he was always somewhat of an enigma.

Sorry to see him go? Well we looked better with him in the side quite often last season but for his wages and what we got value for money, no!!
But on the players personal note, I'm pleased he got his move. He didn't enjoy English football, was probably unhappy over here (in life in general if he wasn't happy with his football) and he still acted professionally on the pitch despite moves breaking down.
So good luck for the future Bryan. All the very best to a talented player, all round nice chap.

Shame it didn't work out but this deal is best for both parties.

Fulham76

Stefano Okaka Chuka

He took like for ever to pick a single pass and was constantly dispossessed in tricky situations, I'm glad it's over and we can all stop trying to imagine whichever position suits him better (he was next to useless everywhere on the pitch). As a matter of fact he was our worst buy apart from the fat greek.
She's a Flamenco girl
and dancing is her life
she said stay with me, stay with me
Viva el Fulham!

sunburywhite

Quote from: Stefano Okaka Chuka on July 08, 2015, 08:46:33 AM
He took like for ever to pick a single pass and was constantly dispossessed in tricky situations, I'm glad it's over and we can all stop trying to imagine whichever position suits him better (he was next to useless everywhere on the pitch). As a matter of fact he was our worst buy apart from the fat greek.

Err......Fotheringham???
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Stefano Okaka Chuka

Quote from: sunburywhite on July 08, 2015, 09:11:49 AM
Quote from: Stefano Okaka Chuka on July 08, 2015, 08:46:33 AM

Err......Fotheringham???

At least he was on a free transfer.
She's a Flamenco girl
and dancing is her life
she said stay with me, stay with me
Viva el Fulham!

HamsterWheel

Pity it never worked out for Bryan, but was always a player I liked to watch on the pitch. Had that bit of class that set him above others. Not his fault if the others in the team weren't at his level !

snarks

Best thing for both parties. I liked him in the championship, but not in the prem (except when Fulham played Bolton, he was great in those games).

epsomraver

Quote from: Holders on July 08, 2015, 07:15:04 AM
Quote from: Blanco on July 08, 2015, 06:38:41 AM

Don't put me in that category, I've always been consistent in my appreciation and support of him.
:plus one:

FFC1987

The clubs statement didn't mention how we stunted his career and misused him on a consistent basis? I'm stunned.

filham

Glad that the Ruiz problem has been cleared before the start of the season, it is the best thing for both player and cub.

Good luck Brian , hope you do well at Lisbon.

A talented and nice individual just not made for English football.

blingo

See ya. Close the door on the way out and after you have walked fifty paces turn back and take a really long hard look at FFC. You will NEVER play for a better club in your life,