And thus, the Bryan Ruiz era is over

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, July 07, 2015, 10:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhys Lightning 63

@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

tommy

Now get rid of the greek and we'll be back to the Fulham we all know and love

dannyboi-ffc

Thank God for that and maybe I am reading into this too much but the pathetic sentence used rather than a statement with the standard good luck in the future and thank you for your services makes me think behind the scenes he wasn't as professional and quiet about leaving as some made out.

On the other hand it could be because its late and they will do a proper statement tomorrow. Either way I am relieved it is over for both parties. This window gets better and better.

Good luck Bryan and thanks for the handful of class goals you scored, hopefully your new team sees them more consistently than we did
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Fulham Tup North

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Craven Mad

I hoping that it's only because of the late completion of the deal and nothing proper has been written yet, but I really hope the club give Bryan a better sign-off than the one-liner currently on the offal.

Like him or not, Bryan never stropped or sulked and always seemed to try (even if with sometimes disappointing results). After 4 years with us, he deserves a better thank you for his time here.

EDIT: Just seen your post above, Danny. Even if there were issues behind the scenes, the club should rise above any of that (not that there's even a suggestion he was difficult). Bryan has thanked the club (on twitter already), it's only right the club thank him - even if only a formality.

God The Mechanic

Hangeland got a similar send off.  We don't seem to be overly kind to our ex-players any more these days.

The transfer could save us a decent amount (circa £3million in terms of fee in and wages saved) which could be put towards a bid for Dunk or McDonald.  Good way to start the new financial year considering the limitations of FFP.  Get Amorebieta and Mitroglou deals sorted soonish and we could be up to £10million all in in terms of wages saved and fees received - decent budget for a Championship club.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Craven Mad on July 07, 2015, 11:06:03 PM
I hoping that it's only because of the late completion of the deal and nothing proper has been written yet, but I really hope the club give Bryan a better sign-off than the one-liner currently on the offal.

Like him or not, Bryan never stropped or sulked and always seemed to try (even if with sometimes disappointing results). After 4 years with us, he deserves a better thank you for his time here.

I posted this above, it may be the timing of it. But I am surprised if this is his farewell from the club. On the other hand maybe he hasn't been as easy to manage as you are portraying. Not that I necessarily believe that but the statement does seem very blunt and its my job to play Devil's advocate
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

WestCountryWhite

Excellent cheerio may the Portuguese give you 15 minutes on the ball every time so you may finally show some consistency.

MJG

And relax....

FPT

About the statement: I think you've got to consider that whoever is in charge of doing that was probably in bed or asleep at the time. If you've got to be in work for 9AM, chances are you won't still be awake on at near 11pm on a Tuesday night? Might just be. I don't think it's political at all, more efficiency of the press/web guy, wouldn't surprise me to see it edited tomorrow, or just left, does it really matter?

About the sale: No surprise really. Awaiting fees, but presume it'll be between €1m-€3m (£700k-£2m), he wasn't happy at Fulham, and probably hasn't been for about 18 months when Martin Jol left, he didn't want to be a Championship player but was thoroughly professional, but very open in his want to leave the football club. Bags of talent but didn't suit our team or style in Martin Jol's penny pinching immobile side, lacking mass agility. We need the cash and the wages away from the football club, makes sense on and off of the field. Good luck, but we'll be better off without him.

Lighthouse

Square peg, round hole. But thanks for trying to fit. Good luck.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Blanco

Barrie

Good bit of business with that one year option being activated.  Ta-ta Bryan.

Jack Fulham

Always thought he tried his best when he played even in the bad games. Obviously not right for English football but acted with class and integrity. Wish him all the best.

Logicalman

At last we can get back to moaning about others things!

Once we're shot of the Greek we'll be better off all round.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Adi-ffc

Quote from: Jack Fulham on July 08, 2015, 12:56:34 AM
Always thought he tried his best when he played even in the bad games. Obviously not right for English football but acted with class and integrity. Wish him all the best.

Finally a reasonable post..

Good luck Bryan

Forever Fulham

HatterDon

Bryan Ruiz is a brilliant player who seldom was given a role with Fulham that suited his talents. If there was one player who could be said to have staved off relegation last season, it was him [check points when he appeared and points when he didn't see the pitch].

Having said that, now he'll play in an easier league with a side that qualifies for Europe on opening day. I won't have to put up with weekly distortions of his contribution and moaning that he's still here. Conversely, I'll still have to put up with mindless posts saying he was the worst signing since Marlet.

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

RaySmith

I think there will be a fuller statement from the club today.

Last season, when Kit brought him back into the side after Magath had cast him, and others want aways, into the wilderness, was his best n a Fulham shirt I think.

Other than that he will be remembered for a few wonder goals, and the controversy around him.

I really wanted to like him as a player, but he just didn't perform with any consistency in the Prem,  though he was played in various positions by Jol, his champion, but Kit seemed to get the best out of him.

I think he will do much better outside of English football, and wish him all the best.

CincyFulham1

Quote from: Adi-ffc on July 08, 2015, 02:11:04 AM
Quote from: Jack Fulham on July 08, 2015, 12:56:34 AM

Finally a reasonable post..

Good luck Bryan

+1