watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

blackburn at home is now on telly

Started by fulhamben, July 08, 2015, 10:04:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

fulhamben

leonffc

Oh good. Blackburn was the first game that I was actually going to be able to use my ST for but I won't be making that as I'll be running my sons team.

Oh and Wolves is out now as I can't do Wednesday's due to training.
Roll on October eh?!

fulhamben

Quote from: leonffc on July 08, 2015, 11:50:23 AM
Oh good. Blackburn was the first game that I was actually going to be able to use my ST for but I won't be making that as I'll be running my sons team.

Roll on October eh?!
big call getting an st considering all our midweek games were on a wednesday last year. i pressume we have opted for tuesdays this season, but did you know that before you  got your st?

leonffc

Quote from: fulhamben on July 08, 2015, 12:02:09 PM

Roll on October eh?!
big call getting an st considering all our midweek games were on a wednesday last year. i pressume we have opted for tuesdays this season, but did you know that before you  got your st?

No but it was on MJGs questionnaire so I hoped!!

I had a ST for me and my son last year too so missed a fair few midweeks (not helped by the fact I work shifts too!).
I wasn't going to bother this year but he wanted one and £304 for both of us (in H1) wasn't too bad.
This Sunday game is a kick in the teeth though, considering we didn't have any last year. And added to the fact that Wednesday is a knock on effect.

Adding to my woes, he's just got into a basketball 'academy' side and they play all over shop, mostly on........... Saturday's!!
Oh the joys of kids!

SouthfieldWhite

Roll on October eh?!

Tell me about it mate, don't the FA realise some of us run kids Sunday sides ;-)

The parents in my team bought me my season ticket this season, and if it wasn't for their generosity , I may not of bothered getting one for the first time in I don't know how many years.

Will be asking my club for the earliest possible ko time that day so I don't miss the Blackburn game but if we are away that day, I'm buggered

ToodlesMcToot

Any chance Fulham will have more televised matches this season? Seems that we are setting ourselves up to be a far more attractive and competitive team for the coming season. Just hoping that that somehow will make a difference and help me watch on the big screen a little more often.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

fulhamben

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on July 08, 2015, 02:37:31 PM
Any chance Fulham will have more televised matches this season? Seems that we are setting ourselves up to be a far more attractive and competitive team for the coming season. Just hoping that that somehow will make a difference and help me watch on the big screen a little more often.
we will have to be in contention, so i doubt we will have too many games on telly.

MJG

Quote from: leonffc on July 08, 2015, 01:11:15 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on July 08, 2015, 12:02:09 PM

Roll on October eh?!

No but it was on MJGs questionnaire so I hoped!!

I had a ST for me and my son last year too so missed a fair few midweeks (not helped by the fact I work shifts too!).
I wasn't going to bother this year but he wanted one and £304 for both of us (in H1) wasn't too bad.
This Sunday game is a kick in the teeth though, considering we didn't have any last year. And added to the fact that Wednesday is a knock on effect.

Adding to my woes, he's just got into a basketball 'academy' side and they play all over shop, mostly on........... Saturday's!!
Oh the joys of kids!
The club had gone for the Tuesday night games at home,  but with TV and having to move a couple of games we currently have two games a Tuesday and two on a Wednesday at home throughout the season.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: fulhamben on July 08, 2015, 02:39:27 PM
we will have to be in contention, so i doubt we will have too many games on telly.

Well, that wouldn't have been too much of a consideration for us last season. So, obviously I didn't bother learning that being in contention would increase our odds of being televised. Pretty logical.

I do hope you are wrong though. COYW!  049:gif
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Wolf

Quote from: MJG on July 08, 2015, 03:25:32 PM
The club had gone for the Tuesday night games at home,  but with TV and having to move a couple of games we currently have two games a Tuesday and two on a Wednesday at home throughout the season.

Might have been nice for the club to have communicated they had chosen (a) Tuesday instead of Wednesday (b) 7.45 kick-off instead of 8.00. This combination means I'll miss the first half hour of every scheduled midweek game, which means I wont bother going to some.

I emailed customer services about the Forest game kicking off at 7.45 last season and received a reply bereft of reasons. At least the season ticket price was pretty good, even if I don't see more than three-quarters of matches.
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

hovewhite

Its murder on southern trains owing to buses replacing trains on sundays from hove so will watch it in there pub if that's there case.I thought there only good thing about relegation was getting rid of these damm Sunday games.

fulhamben

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on July 08, 2015, 04:22:25 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on July 08, 2015, 02:39:27 PM

Well, that wouldn't have been too much of a consideration for us last season. So, obviously I didn't bother learning that being in contention would increase our odds of being televised. Pretty logical.

I do hope you are wrong though. COYW!  049:gif
that said, we could start the season off as we finished the last, and remain the whooping boys of the league, that would get us some air time as everyone likes to watch a high scoring game

MJG

Quote from: Wolf on July 08, 2015, 05:13:08 PM
Quote from: MJG on July 08, 2015, 03:25:32 PMThe club had gone for the Tuesday night games at home,  but with TV and having to move a couple of games we currently have two games a Tuesday and two on a Wednesday at home throughout the season.

Might have been nice for the club to have communicated they had chosen (a) Tuesday instead of Wednesday (b) 7.45 kick-off instead of 8.00. This combination means I'll miss the first half hour of every scheduled midweek game, which means I wont bother going to some.

I emailed customer services about the Forest game kicking off at 7.45 last season and received a reply bereft of reasons. At least the season ticket price was pretty good, even if I don't see more than three-quarters of matches.
I understand that,  but likewise how about those who can't make Tuesdays?
I'm not defending the club but be it Tuesday or Wednesday,  745/800 they would not be able to keep everyone happy. Also it is not the clubs fault it gets picked for TV and then have to move a game following it.
We all know the game,  fixtures come out and then TV gets involved. Might sound harsh but that's what's happened for an age.

f321ffc

Night games be it Tuesday or Wednesday 7.45 or 8.00 all a pain in the ass when a home game is 400 mile round trip , let's hope the performance's make it worth the while. 049:gif COYW
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

leonffc

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on July 08, 2015, 02:30:02 PM

Roll on October eh?!

Will be asking my club for the earliest possible ko time that day so I don't miss the Blackburn game but if we are away that day, I'm buggered

No chance I'll make that game what ever time we kick off (unless they break protocol on times and I get an 8am KO away at Barnet FC or Finchley lol).
I've just checked and my first game will be QPR on 25th Sept, and then Reading at the end of Oct.

shnlwswlkr

Poor me, living only a couple of stops away on the tube.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

Wolf

Quote from: MJG on July 08, 2015, 11:09:43 PM
Quote from: Wolf on July 08, 2015, 05:13:08 PM
Quote from: MJG on July 08, 2015, 03:25:32 PM

I understand that,  but likewise how about those who can't make Tuesdays?
I'm not defending the club but be it Tuesday or Wednesday,  745/800 they would not be able to keep everyone happy. Also it is not the clubs fault it gets picked for TV and then have to move a game following it.
We all know the game,  fixtures come out and then TV gets involved. Might sound harsh but that's what's happened for an age.

I agree that there will be a range of preference for Tuesday/Wednesday and 7.45/8.00. Nonetheless, the club has made a policy decision to change its default midweek kick-off from Wednesday 8.00 to Tuesday 7.45. Many of us have one or more non-Fulham midweek commitments.

My inference from the club customer services' email I received last season was that 7.45 was chosen for the rearranged Nottingham Forest match for the benefit of away supporters

Hates: the Hounslow maggots