watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Andy Lonergan or Betts???

Started by tommy, July 08, 2015, 09:22:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tommy

Is Lonergan here as a backup to Betts or is he here to actually compete for a first team place? Is he a good player? I dont know anything about him other then what I can find online

bill taylors apprentice

If he's as at least as good as Betts between the sticks, I would play him due to his experience and ability to help organize the defense.

shnlwswlkr

He says he's here to fight for the number 1 shirt...
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

tommy

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on July 08, 2015, 09:29:22 PM
If he's as at least as good as Betts between the sticks, I would play him due to his experience and ability to help organize the defense.
Is he as good as Betts though?

fulhamben

betts for me, as if we are not to persist with him then why didnt we keep stek who is probably the best out of all of them
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

tommy

Quote from: fulhamben on July 08, 2015, 09:36:01 PM
betts for me, as if we are not to persist with him then why didnt we keep stek who is probably the best out of all of them
I agree with you. Especially with his age. I just wondered how highly rated Andy was. Going through his stats he looks like he has been a number 2 for most his playing career.

Blanco

Betinelli. But what do we know? We aren't there in training. We don't know what kind of attitude both players are conveying to Kit or how ambitious Lonergan is. If he proves himself to be a better keeper then Kit should pick the best man for the job. However much I like Betinelli the best GK should play.

FPT

I think Andy Lonergan will be a mentor, but with the quality to step in if need be, whether poor form on Marcus' part or injury/suspension. I think Lonergan will push Bettinelli, but would hope that we put our faith in Betts, including giving him the number one jersey.

Chutney

Lonergan is back up, and a much better back up thank Kiraly.
C O Y W

Barrett487

Was there not also a hint of 'lets get someone half decent in just in case Betts gets sold'? There was a bit of speculation about him going around the time Lonergan came in.

epsomraver

Don't agree, the few times I saw Steks play he was unconvincing and also had a real chip on his shoulder being at lowly Fulham

fulhamben

Quote from: epsomraver on July 08, 2015, 10:14:16 PM
Don't agree, the few times I saw Steks play he was unconvincing and also had a real chip on his shoulder being at lowly Fulham
was he signed at gun point then? cos that would explain how we got him to sign for such a lowly club
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

tommy

Quote from: epsomraver on July 08, 2015, 10:14:16 PM
Have to agree with Epsom on this one. Stek never convinced me at all. Although he did for Holland so it must have been the attitude.