more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The sale of Ruiz does not bode well

Started by Nick Bateman, July 09, 2015, 01:59:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YankeeJim

From Nick:
Most of the Americans who post here sound more intelligent than you, sir, no offense!  I reacted as I did in response to anytime I have a view some IDIOT claims I am "baiting" or attempting to seek attention.  This trivialises my view which I believe has been arrived with validity considering Fulham has lost a Premiership, indeed International quality player without any adequate replacement.  We have had TWO concurrent seasons of mis-management yet you seem to think they will not follow the same trend given the recent evidence.

Unlike some, I do respect other people's opinions but in the end, they are merely opinions not facts.  We shall only know if my alarm bells were rung prematurely erroneously, or if the GAGGLE of complacent Khan-Mackintosh "die hards" who relied solely on 'blind faith' were in fact, incorrect. 

But the only blind faith I respected was a rock band from the 70s!

Denying that you meant insult or pretending to respect others opinions  does not make it so. Yours is not the only opinion that is reached "with validity". That doesn't make anyone an "idiot". It only seems to make them an "idiot" when they disagree with you. No one argues that the last two seasons have been full of competence either on the pitch or off. It seems obvious to me that current management is trying to turn that around. Mindlessly criticizing every aspect of the club just doesn't seem productive to me. That is my opinion which was reached with validity. You do trivialize others. I'd suggest that you stay away from sharp objects so as not to deflate that super size ego of yours..... no offense!
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

VicHalomsLovechild

Quote from: Craven Mad on July 09, 2015, 07:39:40 PM
Quote from: Nick Bateman on July 09, 2015, 02:13:08 PM
I've heard that claptrap before.  I have an opinion same as you do and UNLIKE YOU, I am deeply concerned about our current situation.

I heard the same rubbish when we were relegated of which I forwarned then to similar distain.

As for my writing style, one cannot help prosing articulately and unlike many, I prefer to uphold the King's (Queen's) English grammatically whenever I post.  Modern (slang) culture is much to blame for the simplification of syllabication standards one feels.

As you take such care with your prosing and prefer to "uphold the King's English", I thought I'd draw your attention to a few mistakes you made [to distain is to remove dye from clothing - I think you meant disdain; forewarned has an e].

I've drawn your attention to the issues with your grammar. Many others have already drawn your attention to the issues with your opinions.

Keep fishing, Nick.  :hook:

:wine:

davew

3.5 million is a very good result for FFC, we have done far worse deals in the past and maybe 1 more happening soon in the future, we will probably have to pay somebody that amount to take Mitroglou off our hands, sound fair to me!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

fulhamben

Quote from: davew on July 09, 2015, 09:38:21 PM
3.5 million is a very good result for FFC, we have done far worse deals in the past and maybe 1 more happening soon in the future, we will probably have to pay somebody that amount to take Mitroglou off our hands, sound fair to me!!
think it was reported as close to 2 mil. still a good deal for a player who we thought would walk
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Rupert

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 10, 2015, 03:41:32 AM
Quote from: Rupert on July 09, 2015, 04:36:09 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 09, 2015, 03:48:15 PM

The Post I would like to see brought to London is the Goal Keepers left hand post at Huddersfield Town whereupon they twice hit Marcuses post on that day we snatched three points in a highway robbery. That Post deserves to be in my rear garden.

But surely that post would be best utilised at the Cottage, where we can use it to cover our goal? It would involve moving the post to the other goal at half-time, which we could explain to suspicious opponents as a quirky little superstition we have at the Cottage, and nothing for them to get too concerned about.
Of course, should anyone get wise to this and change ends before kick-off after winning the toss in an attempt to gain the advantage, then we would need a diversion (perhaps a mammoth goring a boring supporter to death on the half-way line) whilst the ground-staff hurriedly swapped posts before the game started.
Would you be up for it?

Yes I am.

Jolly good. Was it you that Nick referred to as an idiot suggesting he was on a wind-up (paraphrased as life is too short for me to go back and read it again)? I hope not. It definitely wasn't me, as I have nothing but respect for his well thought out views and balanced opinions. Nurse! The screens!
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

res

Quote from: Nick Bateman on July 09, 2015, 01:59:08 PM
Once again Fulham offload their best players who are in demand on the cheap, as it were, while we retain all the unwanted and unskillful first-teamers who have almost taken us down another division.

However we still have yet to make any major signings; one relatively unknown defender does not impress and if anything Fulham are WEAKER than we were at the end of last season.

For those who continually flaunt the FFP rules to cover the poor show from the club's administration, namely Alistair Mackintosh, one feels this is a lame excuse.   I am getting tired of bashing Ali Mack and I do not mean to, but he agreed to buy Bryan Ruiz for an alleged £11m and now sells a few years on for around £3.5m, while we have no skillful playmaker as replacement.  Are Fulham going to hoof long balls from now on!!??  In my view, anyone holding Fulham back from the goal I beleive we should be aspiring for will be castigated while I am allowed to do so.

It really does come under one's vision of what you beleive Fulham are.  I feel we are a premier league club who have been dreadfully mis-managed to now reside at this low level.  This is regarded as a FACT, and stated  by many observers, so it is not simply my opinion.

Some on here probably have no such ambition nor vision of us restoring the position we recently held.  These supporters constantly defend the pen-pushers who are holding us back and it has to change radically before the season starts.

Fulham need to make at least THREE marquee signings to add to what we have and we have much more financial clout at our disposal regardless of the FFP rules. The players we can attract are out there, one just wonders if Alistair Mackintosh is still up for the job!!?!

Mostly nonsense. We did well to invoke the 1 year option on Ruiz to stop him going for nothing, then got a fee for him, and got rid of a talented player but whose talent is totally unsuited to the Championship...and who has publicly stated that he doesn't want to play for Fulham any longer.
Signings this year, so far, are good value for money and suited to a 46 match grind in the Championship.

Peabody

Sorry Nick but I have to pick you up on something, now, I know that I am only educated to Secondary Modern standard and you were privately educated but you claim to prefer using the Queens English however, you spell words like defence and apologise using the American spellings ie defense and apologize. Which, I am sure you will agree, is not The Queens English. Blimey Nick, you will be calling the game Soccer next.

fiveclack

Quote from: Nick Bateman on July 09, 2015, 02:13:08 PM

Obviously your "happy as a sandboy"

As for my writing style, one cannot help prosing articulately and unlike many, I prefer to uphold the King's (Queen's) English grammatically whenever I post.  Modern (slang) culture is much to blame for the simplification of syllabication standards one feels.

Top lolz there mate..

Wimbledon_White

Is it true that this Bateman wally is the ACTUAL Nasty Nick from Big Brother 2001?

A Z-list celebrity in our midst; who'd have thought it?!

nose

Quote from: Bill2 on July 09, 2015, 02:07:01 PM
Excellent wind-up. Lets see who bites. :hook:

Me

I will bite.

Ruiz never was or was never likely to be one of our best players. He was a high priced disaster. A failure from day one to live up to the ridiculous price tag. The people that came on the MB to try and big him up when he did an occasional decent thing obvoisly never watched the 99.9% of his match day activity of being a mile off the pace, slow and ponderous in possesion and not having the brain to adapt what skill he did have to be of use in the british game. Others have started slow and come good, even berkamp at the arse had an indifferent first season, but ruiz couldn't even hack it in the championship, he was out of his depth in the cup game at burton.
Losing him is no lose.

as far as making big name signings is concerned. I do not care if they are big name or small name as long as they perform when they get here. some of the best players we got were not that well know when tigs used his imagination and brought ion players requiring a second chance such as saha who had been underwhelming for the clubs he had already played at. he was a talent but not showing what he could do till we got him and i well remember people questioning that signing.

blending a team is what counts, not necesarilly the size of the transfer fee or the reputation.

Of course we would all like a name or two, but if we don't get big names, so what? As long as Kit gets the sqaud to perform as a unit.

Losing Ruiz boding ill? I don't think so.

Nick Bateman

Quote from: YankeeJim on July 09, 2015, 09:28:39 PM

Denying that you meant insult or pretending to respect others opinions  does not make it so. Yours is not the only opinion that is reached "with validity". That doesn't make anyone an "idiot". It only seems to make them an "idiot" when they disagree with you. No one argues that the last two seasons have been full of competence either on the pitch or off. It seems obvious to me that current management is trying to turn that around. Mindlessly criticizing every aspect of the club just doesn't seem productive to me. That is my opinion which was reached with validity. You do trivialize others. I'd suggest that you stay away from sharp objects so as not to deflate that super size ego of yours..... no offense!

None taken.  You might be a fairly pleasant affable chap when you are not playing "keyboard warrior" but if one starts name-calling then expect the same in response.  You made the slur that I may be trolling and if so to GO AWAY, a euphemism for another well-known parlance ending in OFF!  I believed you crossed the line YankeeJim and it was the war of independence all over again except England won!!  But if you desist from deriding my opinion as "trolling" and everyone else isn't, then we shall continue a healthy debate on matters Fulham and football (not soccer Peabody).

As for some others, I refer to as (blithering) idiots if they claim the only reason I express my opinion is merely to seek attention.  Utter balderdash, tommyrot and poppycock!!!  To me, it means they have no valid or logical answer so why not shoot the messenger, so to speak.  As I said, it is far better for us supporters to keep the pressure on the board to deliver before the season starts as we have had complacency last season and when we were relegated.  Selling Bryan Ruiz for even £2million does not fill me with glee, although some of you seem more interested in balancing the books than assembling a great squad!

Mammoth several days ago I recall you referred to me as "Master Bateman" or words to that affect, and Rupert (Pumpkin) stated I would be best ignored, but of course your memory of such calumny eludes you when convenient.

A couple of expressions come to mind that fit this scenario; "Never throw stones in a glasshouse" and "Do not teach your grandmother to suck eggs" although the latter phrase may be more applicable to Peabody!!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Nick Bateman

Quote from: nose on July 10, 2015, 03:34:53 PM

Me

I will bite.

Ruiz never was or was never likely to be one of our best players. He was a high priced disaster. A failure from day one to live up to the ridiculous price tag. The people that came on the MB to try and big him up when he did an occasional decent thing obvoisly never watched the 99.9% of his match day activity of being a mile off the pace, slow and ponderous in possesion and not having the brain to adapt what skill he did have to be of use in the british game. Others have started slow and come good, even berkamp at the arse had an indifferent first season, but ruiz couldn't even hack it in the championship, he was out of his depth in the cup game at burton.
Losing him is no lose.

as far as making big name signings is concerned. I do not care if they are big name or small name as long as they perform when they get here. some of the best players we got were not that well know when tigs used his imagination and brought ion players requiring a second chance such as saha who had been underwhelming for the clubs he had already played at. he was a talent but not showing what he could do till we got him and i well remember people questioning that signing.

blending a team is what counts, not necesarilly the size of the transfer fee or the reputation.

Of course we would all like a name or two, but if we don't get big names, so what? As long as Kit gets the sqaud to perform as a unit.

I think you missed my point somewhat.  Fulham sold the only skillful and visionary playmaker without a replacement.  Ruiz was one of the best players in the World Cup only Alexis Sanchez performed better in my view, so I conclude it must be the tactics of Jol, Magath and Symons not getting the most out of him, but more to the point, he is still better than Tunnicliffe, Hyndman and the other woeful untalented subjects we chose to play in his place. 

I agree with you it is not that we require "big names" but, as you stated good players who will fit in well here and perform at a high standard.  One name I have in mind is Ashley Barnes whom I feel is the best midfielder in the Championship; surely sunny London-based Fulham can coax him from the 'sticks' up in the frozen Lancashire tundra of Bumley!??

My main thrust was whether the board were more interested in balancing the books or acquiring a powerful squad within any FFP constraints and my impression is in the doubtful camp.  One hopes that changes by THEIR actions, or I shall repeat the contention.

Wimbledon_White

Quote from: Nick Bateman on July 10, 2015, 04:06:17 PM

Me

I will bite.

Losing him is no lose.

I think you missed my point somewhat.  Fulham sold the only skillful and visionary playmaker without a replacement.  Ruiz was one of the best players in the World Cup only Alexis Sanchez performed better in my view, so I conclude it must be the tactics of Jol, Magath and Symons not getting the most out of him, but more to the point, he is still better than Tunnicliffe, Hyndman and the other woeful untalented subjects we chose to play in his place. 

I agree with you it is not that we require "big names" but, as you stated good players who will fit in well here and perform at a high standard.  One name I have in mind is Ashley Barnes whom I feel is the best midfielder in the Championship; surely sunny London-based Fulham can coax him from the 'sticks' up in the frozen Lancashire tundra of Bumley!??

My main thrust was whether the board were more interested in balancing the books or acquiring a powerful squad within any FFP constraints and my impression is in the doubtful camp.  One hopes that changes by THEIR actions, or I shall repeat the contention.

"Only Alexis Sanchez performed better"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Brilliant.

Keep it up Nick!

Rupert

Quote from: Nick Bateman on July 10, 2015, 03:52:26 PM

Mammoth several days ago I recall you referred to me as "Master Bateman" or words to that affect, and Rupert (Pumpkin) stated I would be best ignored, but of course your memory of such calumny eludes you when convenient.

A couple of expressions come to mind that fit this scenario; "Never throw stones in a glasshouse" and "Do not teach your grandmother to suck eggs" although the latter phrase may be more applicable to Peabody!!

Tut tut, NB, it was I, Rupert, bachelor of this parish (only for another three weeks until the beautiful Karen makes an honest man of me), who called you Master Bateman (if the cap fits, etc), so you owe Mr Mammoth an ELEPHANT sized apology for your unjustified slur.
fp.gif

And you really oughtn't call me "Pumpkin" in public, what goes on behind closed doors really must stay there, or my lawyers will be getting itchy trigger fingers (literally, they do take rather a direct approach to certain difficulties).  090.gif
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

YankeeJim

Quote from: Nick Bateman on July 10, 2015, 03:52:26 PM
Quote from: YankeeJim on July 09, 2015, 09:28:39 PM

None taken.  You might be a fairly pleasant affable chap when you are not playing "keyboard warrior" but if one starts name-calling then expect the same in response.  You made the slur that I may be trolling and if so to GO AWAY, a euphemism for another well-known parlance ending in OFF!  I believed you crossed the line YankeeJim and it was the war of independence all over again except England won!!  But if you desist from deriding my opinion as "trolling" and everyone else isn't, then we shall continue a healthy debate on matters Fulham and football (not soccer Peabody).

As for some others, I refer to as (blithering) idiots if they claim the only reason I express my opinion is merely to seek attention.  Utter balderdash, tommyrot and poppycock!!!  To me, it means they have no valid or logical answer so why not shoot the messenger, so to speak.  As I said, it is far better for us supporters to keep the pressure on the board to deliver before the season starts as we have had complacency last season and when we were relegated.  Selling Bryan Ruiz for even £2million does not fill me with glee, although some of you seem more interested in balancing the books than assembling a great squad!

:hook: ...and I bit. Troll on amigo!
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

nose

Quote from: Nick Bateman on July 10, 2015, 04:06:17 PM

Me

I will bite.

Losing him is no lose.

I understand what you say but if you have read anything i have ever written, and i know you have..... i do not agree that ruiz was a visionary playmaker... ithink he was a waste of space with a bit of talent that was masked by lack of physicality. a great playmaker wiould drop deep, take the ball, no, demand the ball from the back four and deliver great passes to the front men.
ruiz never imposed himself on any game.

regarding the world cup i thought he looked good in flashes because nobody bothered to mark him.... he made no meaningful impact in any game. i am suprised that you thought he did any more than flatter to decieve because even though i do know you are sometimes contreversial in your view, usually i tend to agree with your point of view.  we shall have to agree to differ re mr ruiz..

ashley barnes?

Nick Bateman

Quote from: YankeeJim on July 10, 2015, 05:21:21 PM

As I said, not the smartest American to frequent this forum and probably still stuck in Ninth Grade!!

Forever Fulham

I am not getting involved in this discussion.

Good bye, Bryan, and good luck.  We move on.

Twig

Quote from: Roberty on July 09, 2015, 05:17:24 PM
Quote from: Twig on July 09, 2015, 05:00:14 PM
What total garbage.  "One" imagines that Nick is an attention seeking 15 year old English student?

Naaa - 15 year old English students sometimes get their facts right

Fair coment

Twig

Quote from: Nick Bateman on July 10, 2015, 06:02:14 PM
Quote from: YankeeJim on July 10, 2015, 05:21:21 PM

As I said, not the smartest American to frequent this forum and probably still stuck in Ninth Grade!!

Yes but one thinks you talk utter twipe!