watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The sale of Ruiz does not bode well

Started by Nick Bateman, July 09, 2015, 01:59:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

Once again Fulham offload their best players who are in demand on the cheap, as it were, while we retain all the unwanted and unskillful first-teamers who have almost taken us down another division.

However we still have yet to make any major signings; one relatively unknown defender does not impress and if anything Fulham are WEAKER than we were at the end of last season.

For those who continually flaunt the FFP rules to cover the poor show from the club's administration, namely Alistair Mackintosh, one feels this is a lame excuse.   I am getting tired of bashing Ali Mack and I do not mean to, but he agreed to buy Bryan Ruiz for an alleged £11m and now sells a few years on for around £3.5m, while we have no skillful playmaker as replacement.  Are Fulham going to hoof long balls from now on!!??  In my view, anyone holding Fulham back from the goal I beleive we should be aspiring for will be castigated while I am allowed to do so.

It really does come under one's vision of what you beleive Fulham are.  I feel we are a premier league club who have been dreadfully mis-managed to now reside at this low level.  This is regarded as a FACT, and stated  by many observers, so it is not simply my opinion.

Some on here probably have no such ambition nor vision of us restoring the position we recently held.  These supporters constantly defend the pen-pushers who are holding us back and it has to change radically before the season starts.

Fulham need to make at least THREE marquee signings to add to what we have and we have much more financial clout at our disposal regardless of the FFP rules. The players we can attract are out there, one just wonders if Alistair Mackintosh is still up for the job!!?!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

WestCountryWhite

Every time I read one of your posts I think he must work for the Daily Mail. Your style of writing is just to draw a reaction and is never remotely positive with little to no facts attached on second thoughts I assume you are the editor

Bill2

Excellent wind-up. Lets see who bites. :hook:

Nick Bateman

I've heard that claptrap before.  I have an opinion same as you do and UNLIKE YOU, I am deeply concerned about our current situation.

Obviously your "happy as a sandboy" complacent optimism is thoroughly baseless as the facts differ from the events which have unfolded (we bought 1 defender, sold 1 international standard playmaker).  I heard the same rubbish when we were relegated of which I forwarned then to similar distain.

As for my writing style, one cannot help prosing articulately and unlike many, I prefer to uphold the King's (Queen's) English grammatically whenever I post.  Modern (slang) culture is much to blame for the simplification of syllabication standards one feels.

snarks

Oo Oo another biased and factually inaccurate thread

Oh how we laughed

WestCountryWhite

To be fair you do articulate rubbish with impeccable grammar

rusty shackleford

Quote from: Nick Bateman on July 09, 2015, 01:59:08 PM
Once again Fulham offload their best players who are in demand on the cheap, as it were, while we retain all the unwanted and unskillful first-teamers who have almost taken us down another division.

However we still have yet to make any major signings; one relatively unknown defender does not impress and if anything Fulham are WEAKER than we were at the end of last season.

For those who continually flaunt the FFP rules to cover the poor show from the club's administration, namely Alistair Mackintosh, one feels this is a lame excuse.   I am getting tired of bashing Ali Mack and I do not mean to, but he agreed to buy Bryan Ruiz for an alleged £11m and now sells a few years on for around £3.5m, while we have no skillful playmaker as replacement.  Are Fulham going to hoof long balls from now on!!??  In my view, anyone holding Fulham back from the goal I beleive we should be aspiring for will be castigated while I am allowed to do so.

It really does come under one's vision of what you beleive Fulham are.  I feel we are a premier league club who have been dreadfully mis-managed to now reside at this low level.  This is regarded as a FACT, and stated  by many observers, so it is not simply my opinion.

Some on here probably have no such ambition nor vision of us restoring the position we recently held.  These supporters constantly defend the pen-pushers who are holding us back and it has to change radically before the season starts.

Fulham need to make at least THREE marquee signings to add to what we have and we have much more financial clout at our disposal regardless of the FFP rules. The players we can attract are out there, one just wonders if Alistair Mackintosh is still up for the job!!?!

bobbo

1975 just leaving home full of hope

GloucesterWhite

When are you gong to realise that Ali Mack is no longer in charge of transfers?

Nick Bateman

Quote from: GloucesterWhite on July 09, 2015, 02:22:27 PM
When are you gong to realise that Ali Mack is no longer in charge of transfers?

Incorrect.  While "Rigsby" Rigg has been assigned to the targetting of footballers we are interested in, Mackintosh does the actual final paperwork and negiotating the price.  

Therefore, Ali Mack can scupper a deal by driving too hard a bargain in justification of his own postion rather than what is good for Fulham.  According to recent information, Ali Mack has already come up short on demands made by other clubs for their best players identified by Rigsby!  

As I said, I really do not wish to denegrate the man trying his best, whatever that is worth, but I want Fulham to buy the best we can and not worry whether we paid an extra half million here and there.

HatterDon

Quote from: WestCountryWhite on July 09, 2015, 02:16:13 PM
To be fair you do articulate rubbish with impeccable grammar

He does put the sin in syntax
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

St. Andrews White

I will bite (uh oh...)

We have signed excellent players for good prices who will vastly improve the side (apart from Jazz). Bryan was on high wages and did not want to stay; the money from his transfer and wages will form a significant part of the finances required to sign a high quality championship centre back. Although we still need to invest a bit more, our early deals have been astute and, dare I say, second only to Derby in this division.

If you wish to counter my thoughts on the quality of our signings, look at where they stood in the 'most chances created' table from last season.

Apologies to everyone apart from Nick, but someone had to bite eventually :P 
The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

Nick Bateman

In the long run, I would rather be proven wrong by the end of the current transfer window, for which if I am, I will gladly and profusely apologize for doubting the forward-thinking and well formulated economical brinkmanship of messers Mackintosh and Khan.

On the other hand, if I am RIGHT, Fulham will waste another season, scrapping for results against primitive Northern "Ecky Thump-loving"  teams, while the rookie manager makes the best he can with inadequate players, sipping his cup of Bovril in his 'Hush Puppies' while we pay our season tickets without hesitation, slowly becoming established as a mid-table Championship side!

MJG

Counts to three ...1....2.....3....and does not bite.

Barry White

In fairness apart from the Bryan Ruiz bit, as we had little choice but to let him go, he's fairly bang on. The club is managed horrendously and ultimately that has to sit with people like Mackintosh and Khan.

St. Andrews White

Ha ha, we realise.

I was just trying to show him the error of his ways...
The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

Bronaldinho

Considering he was going to leave the club for free, this is a good piece of business.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

mikestrand

I see where you're coming from nick, we've got the stocking fillers if you'll pardon the expression, now let's get Dunk and Macdonald , giving offers that can't be refused showing some real promotional intent.

Blanco

Haha I knew I recognised his style of writing! The Daily Mail you are absolutely right West!