watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dembele

Started by cmg, July 09, 2015, 08:16:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmg

France v Ukraine u19. Moussa came off the bench in the 40' to net France's 2nd in a 1-3 win.

Bad vid of a rather good goal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jl6-qagcOik

RaySmith

Great goal-thanks.

Chutney

This lad is going to be a great player
C O Y W

fulhamben

Quote from: Chutney on July 09, 2015, 08:19:27 PM
yes. Hopefully he puts pen to paper
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

twang

Quote from: Chutney on July 09, 2015, 08:19:27 PM

Yep. It's only a question of when, not if.

SKSW6

It's things like that that make me not bothered about buying a new striker this window, considering he's probably our 5th choice striker and he can do that, albeit at U19 level.

fulhamben

Quote from: SKSW6 on July 09, 2015, 10:14:12 PM
It's things like that that make me not bothered about buying a new striker this window, considering he's probably our 5th choice striker and he can do that, albeit at U19 level.
he nearly did it against derby in the league too but was thwarted by the cross bar. he certainly adds something the other 4 dont. once again though, we need to get him to sign on the dotted

VicHalomsLovechild

Is Dembele going to get there for us? Or would it be better to cash in, let him make it with another (bigger) club and invest the money elsewhere?

fulhamben

Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on July 09, 2015, 10:23:58 PM
Is Dembele going to get there for us? Or would it be better to cash in, let him make it with another (bigger) club and invest the money elsewhere?
he is on last year of contract, so we wouldnt get much. and we wouldnt be able to replace him with the money that we got.

Blanco

13 of the 18 players in the squad tonight were black. At what point does it stop being the french national team?

HatterDon

And yet Trotta does that regularly at U-19 and U-21 level for Italy and pretty much everybody over here says, "Yes, but he'd never have done us any good in the Championship." It just shows to go you.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

fulhamben

Quote from: HatterDon on July 09, 2015, 10:57:21 PM

And yet Trotta does that regularly at U-19 and U-21 level for Italy and pretty much everybody over here says, "Yes, but he'd never have done us any good in the Championship." It just shows to go you.
people say that about roberts too.

leonffc

Quote from: Blanco on July 09, 2015, 10:48:34 PM
13 of the 18 players in the squad tonight were black. At what point does it stop being the french national team?

When the black players aren't French!!

cmg

There are several similarities in the Roberts and Dembele situations.
Of similar age and both tremendously succesful at junior level, neither managed to establish himself in his first full senior season (whether or not they were given the proper opportunities, is another question!)

There are also differences. Dembele is, on such evidence as exists, more 'ready' than Roberts, mainly because of the physical difference. Dembele just needs to learn a bit of football savvy - he already has the killer instinct necessary for a top striker and has plenty of skill.
Roberts has much greater monetary value in the English game largely simply because he is English.
Also, although strikers have top-dollar value, we have several strikers on the books - we have nobody like Roberts (few teams have).
Provided we make a suitable offer (and he doesn't get too severley tapped-up during International duty) I would think we will find it easier to retain Dembele than Roberts.

Quote from: leonffc on July 10, 2015, 08:09:20 AM

Yes, Leon.

It's a bit sad to see this sort of stuff still being expressed at this stage of the 21st century. How seriously it was intended I don't know. But to suggest that Dembele (born in Pontoise) or the Parisien Koman are somehow less French because of skin pigmentation is quaint to say the least. And perhaps the least said the better.

Blanco

Quote from: cmg on July 10, 2015, 08:41:29 AM
Of similar age and both tremendously succesful at junior level, neither managed to establish himself in his first full senior season (whether or not they were given the proper opportunities, is another question!)

There are also differences. Dembele is, on such evidence as exists, more 'ready' than Roberts, mainly because of the physical difference. Dembele just needs to learn a bit of football savvy - he already has the killer instinct necessary for a top striker and has plenty of skill.
Roberts has much greater monetary value in the English game largely simply because he is English.
Also, although strikers have top-dollar value, we have several strikers on the books - we have nobody like Roberts (few teams have).
Provided we make a suitable offer (and he doesn't get too severley tapped-up during International duty) I would think we will find it easier to retain Dembele than Roberts.

Yes, Leon.

It's a bit sad to see this sort of stuff still being expressed at this stage of the 21st century. How seriously it was intended I don't know. But to suggest that Dembele (born in Pontoise) or the Parisien Koman are somehow less French because of skin pigmentation is quaint to say the least. And perhaps the least said the better.

I'll just establish now before I'm ripped into my everyone that I am not racist and that this has nothing to do with racism. I am just of the opinion that it has gone to far now and that nationalitys don't seem to mean anything anymore and everyone just plays for whoever they want. Its not dembeles fault as he was born in France and feels like a frenchman so he's obviously going to play for his country. For me its just principle and how a predominantly white country has so many african players doesn't seem right. Again, this has nothing to do with racism.

TheManOnTheBus

And your user name is Blanco for a reason ?

alexbishop

oh come on guys really. How about let's just this stop now.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

SKSW6

Quote from: Blanco on July 10, 2015, 09:04:25 AM
Quote from: cmg on July 10, 2015, 08:41:29 AM

Yes, Leon.

I'll just establish now before I'm ripped into my everyone that I am not racist and that this has nothing to do with racism. I am just of the opinion that it has gone to far now and that nationalitys don't seem to mean anything anymore and everyone just plays for whoever they want. Its not dembeles fault as he was born in France and feels like a frenchman so he's obviously going to play for his country. For me its just principle and how a predominantly white country has so many african players doesn't seem right. Again, this has nothing to do with racism.

It's literally racism. You wouldn't bring it up if it was 2 white Australian parents, for example, who had a son born in Paris.

MJG

SKSW6

Quote from: fulhamben on July 09, 2015, 10:59:07 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on July 09, 2015, 10:57:21 PM

people say that about roberts too.

That's because a lot of our fans are really smart and can clearly tell, at around 20 games or less, that an 18 year old kid isn't good enough and will never make it.