more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Met Police vs Fulham U21 Highlights

Started by Friendsoffulham, July 09, 2015, 10:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

General

I know you can look at this at a number of ways, but on a more serious note it seems like a pretty pathetic loss. I know some good players came on and our defence was solid enough not to concede after the first goal but it was shocking defending for the first goal. Slightly lost for words. I don't know the Met's reputation enough, but I know enough of the quality of our U21's to think we should've beaten them, especially when our defence was as poor as it was and our attack was just as too.

FPT

Quote from: General on July 10, 2015, 12:26:03 AM
I know you can look at this at a number of ways, but on a more serious note it seems like a pretty pathetic loss. I know some good players came on and our defence was solid enough not to concede after the first goal but it was shocking defending for the first goal. Slightly lost for words. I don't know the Met's reputation enough, but I know enough of the quality of our U21's to think we should've beaten them, especially when our defence was as poor as it was and our attack was just as too.

A bit harsh, first 45 minutes of the season with a tonne of Under 18s stepping up. It was men against boys, literally; some of the kids out there wouldn't be old enough to legally have a pint even if they wanted.

From what I understand, the majority of the players used were 17 and under, about four 19 or over. It was two different teams for two different 45 minutes also barring the goalkeeper and a rolling sub or two.

If you'll slate teenagers for losing to men in the first game of pre-season where fitness is most important, I think you'll end up slating just about anything.

MJG

I was there and it was not pathetic. It was exactly what it was.. A makeshift lineup first and second half and runout ten days after coming back from training. A Trialist and players who had not played together.
Met Police are no giants of the NL scene but I had a couple of non Fulham fans tweet me during the game saying how tough and hard they are to breakdown.
So my advice is watch the highlights and not to worry one jot about the result.

RaySmith

Thanks for posting -looks like Fulham played very well, and should have scored at least one.

I can't believe that people make  critical judgements about a friendly, the first game of the season, especially when it featured our u21's against an adult side, who were probably experienced in playing together.

res

Bit of an early unnecessary feeling of despondency-we just had a collection of young players, probably half way through a fitness programme, against a much older and stronger team.

SouthfieldWhite

Ridiculous comments

What part of its their first pre season friendly and it's not about the score
And we had quite a few 16 year olds probably playing against experience men for the first time do you not get?

epsomraver

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on July 10, 2015, 08:45:27 AM

Ridiculous comments

And we had quite a few 16 year olds probably playing against experience men for the first time do you not get?

:plus one: anyone who judges the team on the result of a friendly is plainly stupid

MJG

Quote from: epsomraver on July 10, 2015, 09:01:01 AM

Ridiculous comments

:plus one: anyone who judges the team on the result of a friendly is plainly stupid
That might comeback and haunt you if you comment on say the palace game

Huxley

Anyone know who the A. Trialist was? Was he any good?

epsomraver

Quote from: MJG on July 10, 2015, 09:19:59 AM
Quote from: epsomraver on July 10, 2015, 09:01:01 AM

Ridiculous comments

That might comeback and haunt you if you comment on say the palace game

Jamie88

Quote from: TheGreatGatsby on July 10, 2015, 09:36:33 AM

Bruno Wilson, a young centre back from Sporting Lisbon

Rudolph

Quote from: Jamie88 on July 10, 2015, 10:21:36 AM
Quote from: TheGreatGatsby on July 10, 2015, 09:36:33 AM

Bruno Wilson, a young centre back from Sporting Lisbon

He was recommended by the CPS.

Burt

Looks like the defence were otherwise detained for their goal...

Thanks for sharing.

snarks

Just with a tongue in cheek comment, but from another set piece.

And is their no 3 really a copper, with that hair!!

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: snarks on July 10, 2015, 04:02:58 PM
Just with a tongue in cheek comment, but from another set piece.

And is their no 3 really a copper, with that hair!!

You don't have to be a copper no more to play for Met Police