News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Revealed: Fulham owner Shahid Khan wants to buy Tottenham and relocate Jacksonvi

Started by mike_corkcity12, July 10, 2015, 12:15:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HamsterWheel

Story makes total sense to me. Khan certainly didn't buy Fulham to watch the football. He's a dealmaker. The Spurs owners want to sell, they're building an NFL stadium, he's got an NFL team who are very transportable.
This has got a very good chance of happening.
Hopefully Fulham will end up with a new owner who doesn't appoint German cheese lovers as managers.

FFC1987

Quote from: HamsterWheel on July 10, 2015, 02:08:18 PM
Story makes total sense to me. Khan certainly didn't buy Fulham to watch the football. He's a dealmaker. The Spurs owners want to sell, they're building an NFL stadium, he's got an NFL team who are very transportable.
This has got a very good chance of happening.
Hopefully Fulham will end up with a new owner who doesn't appoint German cheese lovers as managers.

Stopped reading at 'Story makes total sense to me'

MJG

Both club and Mr Woodcock responded to the FST in relation to this subject and nonsense and rubbish were the main response.

FFC1987

Quote from: MJG on July 10, 2015, 02:19:59 PM
Both club and Mr Woodcock responded to the FST in relation to this subject and nonsense and rubbish were the main response.

Wonder if the author will keep his job after writing such tripe for click bait. Glorified troll.

Tonywa

I suggested two years ago that Khan's ultimate ambition might well be to own a UK football club and utilise the playing area to its maximum by combining the football with a US  franchise at the same ground.
Seemed to make sense to me then and it still does.

dgnffc

How can anybody take an article seriously that contradicts itself? It's a shame that the standard of journalism is so poor these days.

Lighthouse

The bottom line is if we had a buyer who actually wanted to finance Fulham then who would care? We have hardly had a great time under Khan. The original article however reads like a thread from a WUM. The quick response by the club and Khans spokesman is appreciated.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

cmg

Good response from FFC.

Seven words more than necessary, but I suppose it has to be suitable for the kids, too.

SKSW6

Quote from: Tonywa on July 10, 2015, 02:32:42 PM
I suggested two years ago that Khan's ultimate ambition might well be to own a UK football club and utilise the playing area to its maximum by combining the football with a US  franchise at the same ground.
Seemed to make sense to me then and it still does.

In the meantime he thought he'd spunk £200m for a laugh on a club that didn't have anywhere near the facilities to host american football, and he thought he'd give the green light to plans to increase the capacity of said inappropriate ground to 30000, again, for a laugh.

McBride78

NFL is something that I can speak to with some level of confidence.  The logistics of a London franchise are complex, requiring buy in from the other owners in the league.  What a nightmare the travel would be for the players.  I also am unsure of how easy it would be to convince players to relocate to europe as the feeder system for the league is the US college football.  While there is opportunity there, I dont this we are anywhere close to this becoming a reality. 

HamsterWheel

"These reports are total nonsense and complete fiction."

Well they would say that wouldn't they ?
No proper denial.

Tonywa

What a shame you seem unable to disagree with someone and discuss something without descending to a purile level of sarcasm. Ah well.

MJG

Quote from: HamsterWheel on July 10, 2015, 03:07:57 PM

No proper denial.
?

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: McBride78 on July 10, 2015, 02:58:18 PM
NFL is something that I can speak to with some level of confidence.  The logistics of a London franchise are complex, requiring buy in from the other owners in the league.  What a nightmare the travel would be for the players.  I also am unsure of how easy it would be to convince players to relocate to europe as the feeder system for the league is the US college football.  While there is opportunity there, I dont this we are anywhere close to this becoming a reality. 

You say that, but a lot of players would be OK with the idea of living in London. I've been to the press conference of The Jaguars and The Detroit Lions over the past two years when they've stayed over here and a lot of them are of the mindset:

'So long as I'm playing in the NFL, I don't mind where I have to play'

Jim Caldwell, head coach of The Lions even said to me that he was considering holding training camp in England because he loved the facilities and the way they were welcomed by the Brits.
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

SKSW6

Quote from: Tonywa on July 10, 2015, 03:08:23 PM
What a shame you seem unable to disagree with someone and discuss something without descending to a purile level of sarcasm. Ah well.

Because it's a "discussion" that's been exposed for how stupid it is on numerous occasions. But if you feel you have some enlightening new thoughts to add, be my guest.

Lighthouse

Quote from: HamsterWheel on July 10, 2015, 03:07:57 PM

No proper denial.

They would say that if it was nonesense. So it is a very proper denial. If untrue what else could they have said to convince you?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

SKSW6

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on July 10, 2015, 03:12:02 PM
Quote from: McBride78 on July 10, 2015, 02:58:18 PM
NFL is something that I can speak to with some level of confidence.  The logistics of a London franchise are complex, requiring buy in from the other owners in the league.  What a nightmare the travel would be for the players.  I also am unsure of how easy it would be to convince players to relocate to europe as the feeder system for the league is the US college football.  While there is opportunity there, I dont this we are anywhere close to this becoming a reality.  

You say that, but a lot of players would be OK with the idea of living in London. I've been to the press conference of The Jaguars and The Detroit Lions over the past two years when they've stayed over here and a lot of them are of the mindset:

'So long as I'm playing in the NFL, I don't mind where I have to play'

Jim Caldwell, head coach of The Lions even said to me that he was considering holding training camp in England because he loved the facilities and the way they were welcomed by the Brits.

It's such a different prospect playing one game a year here, compared with having to play half your 16 games here though.

FFC1987

Sadly some fans have the mindset that Khan is here as the reaper of the club and anything, no matter how much bollo*ks it is, will take some smug delight that the end is nigh. Sad.