News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Revealed: Fulham owner Shahid Khan wants to buy Tottenham and relocate Jacksonvi

Started by mike_corkcity12, July 10, 2015, 12:15:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forever Fulham

I don't believe this story.  The only way a London franchise team would work, if at all, is if seven or eight other teams were created and their inaugural seasons implemented at the same time, teams from Europe (Manchester, Liverpool, Berlin, etc.) which play in their own conference, and only occasionally play in inter-conference games requiring flights across the Atlantic.  Wouldn't we hear rumours of other such nascent teams in the works, if any of this were true?  Yet we aren't hearing of anything other than some cock and bull story about Khan and Fulham.  Just don't believe it.

grandad

Typical Evening Sub Standard. They have always had a downer on us.
Where there's a will there's a wife

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Nero

I still cant believe there was a story about us in the Standard, no hang on it was about Spurs normality has been resumed.

Lighthouse

I am afraid it is all true. But there is one difference . Fulham Franchise is to be moved to Jacksonville. We will play 10 home games there and to help the away teams expenses, will pay a big percentage of the travel. They will try to deny it but I can quote to you an insider.

' This window looks just like normal space yet I cannot go through the invisible barrier'. says a fly on the wall, well window.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Slaphead in Qatar

I would be happy if this story is true, as long as khan is replaced by an owner who a) understands uk football industry and b) shows an interest in our club by attending most games

RPhillips

Quote from: HamsterWheel on July 10, 2015, 02:08:18 PM
Story makes total sense to me. Khan certainly didn't buy Fulham to watch the football. He's a dealmaker. The Spurs owners want to sell, they're building an NFL stadium, he's got an NFL team who are very transportable.
This has got a very good chance of happening.
Hopefully Fulham will end up with a new owner who doesn't appoint German cheese lovers as managers.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but NFL teams are NOT "very transportable".

RPhillips

Quote from: HamsterWheel on July 10, 2015, 03:38:41 PM
So, if you're ace businessman Khan, which would you want most - the NFL franchise for Jacksonville (population 853,382), or the franchise for London (population 8,630,000) ?
Being NFL World Champions might actually mean something then !
This story has got legs, won't be put down with this denial.
Jacksonville, hands down. You can count the number of current (and future) supporters of NFL football in London (or the UK or even Europe as a whole) on one hand (OK, maybe two).

RPhillips

Quote from: HamsterWheel on July 10, 2015, 04:54:33 PM

So, that aside, would you have bought Fulham and Craven Cottage, knowing that it couldn't possibly be developed in a way that would support housing an NFL team....if the London NFL team was your end game?

Yes, because what Khan 051 thought he was buying was a Prem franchise. No doubt thought he could shift the team to Wembley in combination with the Jaguars and flog the Cottage for housing. Or develop a new stadium for both in West London. But now that Spurs has become available....
[/quote]
"Flog the Cottage for housing"? It ain't possible; you really should do your homework and keep up with the history of this contentious topic.

Logicalman

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 11, 2015, 11:24:37 AM
I am afraid it is all true. But there is one difference . Fulham Franchise is to be moved to Jacksonville. We will play 10 home games there and to help the away teams expenses, will pay a big percentage of the travel. They will try to deny it but I can quote to you an insider.

' This window looks just like normal space yet I cannot go through the invisible barrier'. says a fly on the wall, well window.

Excellent News, at least I'll get to see them 10 times a season then, it's a mere 900 miles, or 13 hours drive to the likes of you and me (Well, perhaps not you).
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Vienna1

valdeingruo

Quote from: Logicalman on July 11, 2015, 01:21:34 PM

Excellent News, at least I'll get to see them 10 times a season then, it's a mere 900 miles, or 13 hours drive to the likes of you and me (Well, perhaps not you).

Sign me up, we will have the most amazing home support ever.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

fulhamben

why would he want to even if true. it would cost a billion up to buy spurs, then he would no doubt have to cough up the money on stadium upgrades. and even when all this was done, he would have less bums on seats than he does now. also wont sponser money go down due to never being shown at prime time slots due to the time difference. and isnt there a law stating that stadia have to something like 90% full before games can be shown live? its one thing filling out wembley for the odd game, but it will be another thing trying to get 60k into spurs week in week out especially when you only ever see the same 4/5 teams every single year
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Zendra

I doubted the story  right from the start . Spurs have a strong Jewish connection who Ithink would be  concerned  at getting a Muslim owner. I went on the Jags site and the same denial is on there from the owners . The Jags forum were also scornful of the story saying its just not feasible for their paying fans. One chap said Fulham are a hot mess ! Interesting use of the English lanquage.

Lighthouse

Well clearly you are going to offer to put me up for the games. So I don't mind helping with the driving. As long as I don't have to drive on the same side of the road as the rest of you. Damn I wish  it WAS true now.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Great for me, I'm only 600 miles away.
If this goes through I might move down there and open a B+B so that you and Sue, HD, Jim, Chris, Andrew and Coastie, Don, Jon et al could subsidize my mortgage.
I'd call it Torremolinos B+B, paint the outside pink and stencil pretty flowers on the outside and offer English breakfast "like your mother would make it" and  Watneys Red Barrel.

The potential is enormous
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Apprentice to the Maestro

http://www.tottenhamjournal.co.uk/sport/tottenham-hotspur/spurs_reveal_new_plans_for_stadium_and_a_deal_to_host_nfl_games_1_4144638

Tottenham Hotspur have revealed new plans for their stadium – and they include a deal to stage NFL games.

Under the revision for the Northumberland Development Project, the capacity of the state-of-the-art stadium will rise from the 56,250 originally envisaged to 61,000, while more attention has also been given to housing and recreational facilities for Tottenham residents.

The piece de resistance, though, may be the partnership with the NFL as part of the club's vision to see the facility in use 365 days a year.

A minimum of two American Football games a year will be staged under a 10-year agreement, with the new stadium set to feature a retractable grass pitch for football and an artificial surface underneath for NFL usage.

Having the separate surfaces will give greater flexibility when it comes to scheduling NFL fixtures, while the field will have the capacity to stage other sporting entertainment and community events.

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy said: "We have an opportunity now to deliver one of the most unique sports, leisure and entertainment venues in the world, bringing together the EPL [Premier League] and NFL for the first time."

Tottenham envisage that, when complete, their new stadium will help to produce tangible benefits for the community, supporting 1,700 extra jobs and raising annual spend out into the borough to £293million.

Levy added: "The socio- economic benefits this will bring to the area will be immense and demonstrates our commitment to the regeneration of this priority borough in London."

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on July 11, 2015, 11:40:31 PM
http://www.tottenhamjournal.co.uk/sport/tottenham-hotspur/spurs_reveal_new_plans_for_stadium_and_a_deal_to_host_nfl_games_1_4144638

Tottenham Hotspur have revealed new plans for their stadium – and they include a deal to stage NFL games.

Under the revision for the Northumberland Development Project, the capacity of the state-of-the-art stadium will rise from the 56,250 originally envisaged to 61,000, while more attention has also been given to housing and recreational facilities for Tottenham residents.

The piece de resistance, though, may be the partnership with the NFL as part of the club's vision to see the facility in use 365 days a year.

A minimum of two American Football games a year will be staged under a 10-year agreement, with the new stadium set to feature a retractable grass pitch for football and an artificial surface underneath for NFL usage.

Having the separate surfaces will give greater flexibility when it comes to scheduling NFL fixtures, while the field will have the capacity to stage other sporting entertainment and community events.

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy said: "We have an opportunity now to deliver one of the most unique sports, leisure and entertainment venues in the world, bringing together the EPL [Premier League] and NFL for the first time."

Tottenham envisage that, when complete, their new stadium will help to produce tangible benefits for the community, supporting 1,700 extra jobs and raising annual spend out into the borough to £293million.

Levy added: "The socio- economic benefits this will bring to the area will be immense and demonstrates our commitment to the regeneration of this priority borough in London."

So. what that says is that Spurs will get the 2 games a year that Wembley has been getting
maybe/maybe not including Jaguars fixtures, which would be strange

I can't see how it will be in operation 365 days a year unless they open a lunchtime Chinese
or salt beef sannie takeaway (no detriment intended) or a Pie and Mash shop in competition
with David Beckham.
That'll go down with the US NFL players
"What's this green stuff" ?
"well it's actually..................................."

Absolutely nothing about selling to Mr Khan
surprise........surprise, conspiracy theorists

PST: rumour has it that.................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

ron

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on July 11, 2015, 04:45:38 PM

Great for me, I'm only 600 miles away.
If this goes through I might move down there and open a B+B so that you and Sue, HD, Jim, Chris, Andrew and Coastie, Don, Jon et al could subsidize my mortgage.
I'd call it Torremolinos B+B, paint the outside pink and stencil pretty flowers on the outside and offer English breakfast "like your mother would make it" and  Watneys Red Barrel.

The potential is enormous

There'll need to be a Thomas's Eel and Pie shop somewhere near, with almost constant drizzle and a few pea souper fogs to make it anything like the great days of yore..........

..but then again, perhaps I forgot the bronchitis and the chilblains from wearing wellies as we watched Haynes, Lawler, Black, Hill, Bacuzzi et al in those days...

GloucesterWhite

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on July 11, 2015, 01:53:00 AM
I haven't been on the forum for a while but I wish I had. This is the funniest thing I have seen for years. Khan buys us then sells to buy a better team because of what! He could afford any team! Khan builds the biggest screen in existence in Jacksonville so he can move the franchise to the uk and create the biggest drive in. Yes that makes sense. If people still think khan is a James Bond villan then fair enough but the reality is that he wants us to do well and if we are in the top flight in five years time he will earn more money than he would've paying tax off his original investment.

Let me put it to you like this.; if he invested his money in an English bank he would get 0.05% interest. He bought a PL team that then flopped. If we get back to the PL he could sell us and get more than he paid. More than the banks would give him interest. He won't walk away worse off IF we get promoted. Good bussiness for a bussiness man. Mof, great man he is walked away with a profit on FFc. Mainly down to him taking a risk but he got more than he gave. That isn't to say when he gave it wasn't a risk. It was a big risk but it paid off and he took more money than he gave fulham. Nine times out of ten he would be poorer but that isn't what happened. Khan is guessing the right to English football will rise and if he has a team for ten years he will get better than 0.05% on his investment. If we are a PL team he will get a better return on his money than 0.05%. We better all hope he does or we will be a championship team if not worse for a while.

I hope you're not looking for a career as a fnancial advisor!

Of course the story is rubbish, but so are some of the comments on here. 0.05% percent interest!! And how much did the Glazers put into ManU when they bought the club? Spurs may be worth £1b but that doesn't mean a buyer has to come up with £1b.