watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wimbledon - men's semi final day thread

Started by Burt, July 10, 2015, 02:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burt

Djokovic 1 set to the good against Gasquest, 7-6.

RaySmith

Lighthouse

Hard to look beyond a Federer, Dyokvic final. But Gasquet is doing better than I thought. Hope Murray pushes Federer and who knows?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Lighthouse

Federer is brilliant. There isn't a player who could get close to him on this form. He will be the champion if his form remains. 

DevonFFC

The guy is a hero and a true champion,  no big ego just gets on a model sports person. He is a people champion and Wimbledon was willing him on over our "own" man

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

shnlwswlkr

Quote from: ollienixs on July 10, 2015, 06:28:04 PM
The guy is a hero and a true champion,  no big ego just gets on a model sports person. He is a people champion and Wimbledon was willing him on over our "own" man

LOOOOL. Federer has the biggest ego in Tennis.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

Blanco

Quote from: shnlwswlkr on July 10, 2015, 06:33:18 PM

Are you serious? Federer is an absolute legend and possibly the best ever grass player. Which will be fact if he beats Djokovic. Federer is the classiest and most natural guy and you can see it in interviews. All the ex and current pros say he is a top guy.

DevonFFC

Guessing your a jock??

Jamie88

I have spoken to him a few times due to where I work and I can assure you he is one of the nicest blokes you will meet.

shnlwswlkr

I never said he wasn't a great Tennis player, just that he has a huge ego, which he does. He's quite the snob too, demanding specialities everywhere he goes. I've worked a few times at Wimbledon with the players and know first hand. None of that takes anything away from his playing abilities though!
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

shnlwswlkr

I think you've got to have a big ego to be one of the best in Tennis, one of the reasons Murray always falls short, he lacks that arrogance.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

westcliff white

Every day is a Fulham day

Jamie88

Quote from: shnlwswlkr on July 10, 2015, 08:01:22 PM
I never said he wasn't a great Tennis player, just that he has a huge ego, which he does. He's quite the snob too, demanding specialities everywhere he goes. I've worked a few times at Wimbledon with the players and know first hand. None of that takes anything away from his playing abilities though!
What was it you did whilst working there?

Blanco

Quote from: shnlwswlkr on July 10, 2015, 08:04:20 PM
I think you've got to have a big ego to be one of the best in Tennis, one of the reasons Murray always falls short, he lacks that arrogance.

For someone to say Federer is arrogant is beyond me!

shnlwswlkr

Quote from: Jamie88 on July 10, 2015, 08:23:13 PM
Quote from: shnlwswlkr on July 10, 2015, 08:01:22 PM
What was it you did whilst working there?

I was assisting players in the players lounge, gym and restaurant.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

shnlwswlkr

Quote from: Blanco on July 10, 2015, 08:30:19 PM
Quote from: shnlwswlkr on July 10, 2015, 08:04:20 PM

For someone to say Federer is arrogant is beyond me!

Each to their own I guess.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

HatterDon

Federer is like Serena, if they're on their game it's lights out. The only people who can beat them is themselves.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Vienna1

Quote from: HatterDon on July 11, 2015, 04:23:43 AM
Federer is like Serena, if they're on their game it's lights out. The only people who can beat them is themselves.

True. But both are 33 now. Question will be: For how long will they still be that good?

Lighthouse

Quote from: Vienna1 on July 11, 2015, 02:04:18 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on July 11, 2015, 04:23:43 AM

True. But both are 33 now. Question will be: For how long will they still be that good?

I think they are better now they they ever were. They have both had sips in their form but are right back if not better than before. Both can go on for as long as they want to. Can see another  five years at the top if they wanted it.