watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bastion Schweinsteiger to join Manchester United in great deal

Started by Nick Bateman, July 11, 2015, 03:58:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

According to my sources, Bayern Munich's Bastion Schweinsteiger is to join Manchester United for as little as £5.75 million!!  This is a major signing and one of the missing elements in United's team and they can look forward to making a serious challenge to the PL title.

While their neighbours, City, look to add Englishmen to their midfield to circumvent a UEFA quotas dictate of "home grown" players, United who already have their contingent of Brits can buy the best from around the globe.

Schweinsteiger is no spring chicken but he is hardly 'past it' at 29 (same age as Bryan Ruiz), and his tough combative style coupled with driving runs and supporting the attack will enhance United's game and to me it looks the best signing in the closed season to date.

Fulham should sign a similar player in Ashley Barnes from Bumley.  One look at Bishop's Park would convince him to leave the frozen North for fairer pastures.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Blanco

He's actually 31 in August so he is definitely no spring chicken and possibly his last club but still a great signing. Transfermarkt reckon he's gone for £12.6 million. Don't know how reliable that figure is. Man United are massive contenders for the title this season especially if they hold on to De Gea and sign Ramos. Either deal won't happen without swapping the other player though so I think both will stay put. Depay will be immense for them aswell. City need to step up there game!

Nick Bateman

I stand corrected on the age.  The Independent stated £5.75m which is an amazingly low price, even for his age.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Blanco

Quote from: Nick Bateman on July 11, 2015, 04:48:43 PM
I stand corrected on the age.  The Independent stated £5.75m which is an amazingly low price, even for his age.

Sure is. United still aren't adressing there main problem. Well, joint main problem because they also lack a top out and out striker. Their defense. They still depend on Phil Jones and Chris Smalling which to me is outrageous. I get how they need to have English players in their squad but please! Those two as their main centrebacks is just ridiculous!

WestCountryWhite

A good deal for Bayern for a player who has been blighted by injuries for the last two years. He still is class act as shown in the world cup but he ll replace RVP on the treatment table for the majority of his United career.

Forever Fulham

Every game from Chris Smalling, at least one howler guaranteed.  Sometimes they don't pay for it.  But...

Vienna1

I think this is a win-win-win move.

Good for Bayern because I think Schweinsteiger's days there inevitably coming to an end. Too many injuries and more and more difficult for him to get a place in their midfield.

Good for Manchester Utd because they now have an experienced player who can decide games. My guess is he will not very often play the whole 90 minutes though.

Good for Schweinsteiger's bank account. Man Utd pay (even) better than Bayern...

Blanco

I'm wondering whether this isn't the great signing it seems. After all the guy has got injured easily these past years. He only started 15 games last season although they might be down to the manager choosing Alonso instead which is understandable. There is no winter break in England and there are points in the season especially around the chritsmas and new year period where the fixtures are congested. I can see him getting injured or maybe not playing as much as United would have hoped for. Having him in the camp will be a bonus though.

Tooting legend

And Mr Bateman thought or thinks he knows everything to do with football, well maybe he should have found out all the real facts before making a thread. The actual fee is £14.5 million. I love all the threads on the forum, but I have to say this did make me laugh especially with who posted it.

Blanco

Quote from: Tooting legend on July 12, 2015, 04:15:36 PM
And Mr Bateman thought or thinks he knows everything to do with football, well maybe he should have found out all the real facts before making a thread. The actual fee is £14.5 million. I love all the threads on the forum, but I have to say this did make me laugh especially with who posted it.
Your just trying to wind the bloke up now. The official transfer fee hasn't been released so no one really knows how much he went for. A lot of Nicks posts annoy me but there is nothing wrong with this one and your out of order taking the piss out of him

Tooting legend

language Blanco..........Tutt, tutt. I can post and reply what I feel like typing. Don't start a thread then stating a figure when you don't know the full facts quite simple really isn't it.

Blanco

Quote from: Tooting legend on July 12, 2015, 06:10:21 PM
language Blanco..........Tutt, tutt. I can post and reply what I feel like typing. Don't start a thread then stating a figure when you don't know the full facts quite simple really isn't it.

You can type what you want obviously but that doesn't mean I can't tell you what I think and in this case you're just being a wind up merchant.

dannyboi-ffc

Come on guys, is there something in the air lately to spark these handbags? I am not sure what him signing for Utd has to do with Fulham anyway although it isn't the only thread I suppose and more to the point how it can it start conflict? I think its fair to say Nick's posts push boundaries on occasions, sometimes they are a good read and other times they aren't. But is the figure reported that big a deal? And Blanco please use appropriate language, you don't have to swear to get your point across.

Now group hug everyone  :group hug: :wine:
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Jack Fulham

EJL

There's no risk with this. The rumoured £12 mil is pocket change for a club of United's wealth, and Schweinsteiger is a winner. Even if they get 15-20 league appearances out of the guy, chances are he'll be deciding most of those games.

Skatzoffc

I would expect they will make enough dosh from shirts sold.

Schweinsteiger = 14 letters.

How much is it a letter on the shirt at Man Utd?

:021:
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

westcliff white

it is only 12 million if they win the champions league initial payment is under 10 million, fantastic deal for them.
Every day is a Fulham day