A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If the transfer window closed now

Started by @jolslover, July 12, 2015, 12:43:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

If the transfer window closed now, where do you think we would finish?

Top 2
Top 6
7th-13th
14th-21st
Relegation

@jolslover

If the transfer window closed now, Meaning we didnt sign anyone else, but kept Amorebieta Mitroglou Roberts Dembele and all our current squad. Where do you think we would finish?

STH H3

PaulJ123

I've gone top 6 but that'd rely a lot on the youngsters stepping up (and Voser being a revelation at LB)

@jolslover

Quote from: PaulJ123 on July 12, 2015, 12:47:14 PM
I've gone top 6 but that'd rely a lot on the youngsters stepping up (and Voser being a revelation at LB)

Fair, I went 7-13. We could field a team something like this, Which I think would perform Very well in the champ. Brackets show squad depth
Defence may not be good enough however.

Betts (Lonergan)
Richards (Grimmer)  Burn (Hutchinson)   Bodurov (Amorebieta)   Voser (Kavanagh)
Kacaniklic (Roberts)  Cairney (Hyndman) Christensen (O Hara)  Pringle (Larnell Cole)
                             Mccormack (Smith)  Mitroglou (Dembele)

STH H3

JackyFulham90

On paper our best side would be

Bettenelli
Richards Bodurov Burn Amorebieta
Kacaniklic Christensen Cairney Pringle
                McCormack Mitroglou

That defence is not good enough for the top 6

Blanco

14th to 21st. Defense is not good enough for higher up the table.

alfie

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on July 12, 2015, 01:57:11 PM
On paper our best side would be

Bettenelli
Richards Bodurov Burn Amorebieta
Kacaniklic Christensen Cairney Pringle
                McCormack Mitroglou

That defence is not good enough for the top 6
But this is a new season so they may be good enough, I certainly don't believe in writing anyone off before the season has started, but of course once again it is purely my opinion.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

filham

Except for Cairney and Pringle the teams named above are much the same as last season and in particular the back four that let in 80+ goals have not been strengthened, I think they would finish just above QPR at 23rd.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

If we get the team firing, we'll vye for automatic promotion without a doubt. But that's only if Kit works it out quickly. We need a stable and settled team first and foremost.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

FPT

We had a quick chat about this on Twitter, but I'm going to waffle a bit here.

I voted for 7th to 13th, as others have said our defence is yet to improve despite the more balanced team. I'm sure we'll look more solid for the full backs being protected alone though, and the added creativity with Tom Cairney and Ben Pringle should see us jump a few places in the table, where we were only 8 points from 13th anyway.

I think if we bring in a quality centre back and left back to shore up the back four with a bit more quality, and seal our interest in Kevin McDonald we can start seriously looking at the play offs on a purely paper basis. After that, I'd be looking at a more proven striker to help Ross with the burden of scoring goals - our four/five other strikers could probably chip in, but we should use Matt Smith as a Plan B, Woodrow as another season like this game wise and Dembele's game time increased somewhat (if he signs a new deal). Bournemouth had 6 players score 9 or more goals, Watford had their three strikers grab 57 goals with a couple of others chipping in with help from Almen Abdi and Daniel Toszer, Norwich had 5 players score 9 or more goals with Nathan Redmond and Wes Hoolahan grabbing a couple more.

I'm not convinced that we have enough goals around the pitch - Ben Pringle (though in a worser side) scored 3 last season, Alex Kacaniklic has never scored more than 4 (though you'd hope he'll come of age this year), Tom Cairney scored 6 in his first season at Blackburn, Lasse Vigen Christensen grabbed a respectable 5 in his 'rookie year' though could be farmed to the right hand side. So I think we'll need another goal scorer in the ranks to share the burden with Ross McCormack.

Rounding up, bringing in a quality centre back, left back and deep central midfielder should see us push towards 8th up to 4th, with more reliable goals giving us every opportunity to finish in the top six for sure.

It's a big job for Kit Symons, but he's being given every opportunity to succeed, and if he doesn't with the squad we're building, I'm sure that somebody else will.

Andy S

Hypothetical I know but even with better training methods we will be far better than last year. More experienced as well. I still think top six would be possible.

Snibbo

7th to 13th I think.

I'm confident Mitroglou will never wear a Fulham shirt again

SKSW6

If there was a 10th-16th ish range, I'd probably have gone with that. The defence is still poor and is the limiting factor imo.

Black, White and Fred

Quote from: FPT on July 12, 2015, 11:14:20 PM

Rounding up, bringing in a quality centre back, left back and deep central midfielder should see us push towards 8th up to 4th, with more reliable goals giving us every opportunity to finish in the top six for sure.

Agree completely. Macdonald, Dunk and Husband in, then we are laughing.
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

Skatzoffc

I've gone 7th - 13th.

But, as I said in another thread, the back four is the same and we conceded more than anyone (bar Blackpool).

We need to strengthen at the back imo.
Then we could be in business.

Coyw!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Burt

Quote from: FPT on July 12, 2015, 11:14:20 PM
We had a quick chat about this on Twitter, but I'm going to waffle a bit here.

I voted for 7th to 13th, as others have said our defence is yet to improve despite the more balanced team. I'm sure we'll look more solid for the full backs being protected alone though, and the added creativity with Tom Cairney and Ben Pringle should see us jump a few places in the table, where we were only 8 points from 13th anyway.

I think if we bring in a quality centre back and left back to shore up the back four with a bit more quality, and seal our interest in Kevin McDonald we can start seriously looking at the play offs on a purely paper basis. After that, I'd be looking at a more proven striker to help Ross with the burden of scoring goals - our four/five other strikers could probably chip in, but we should use Matt Smith as a Plan B, Woodrow as another season like this game wise and Dembele's game time increased somewhat (if he signs a new deal). Bournemouth had 6 players score 9 or more goals, Watford had their three strikers grab 57 goals with a couple of others chipping in with help from Almen Abdi and Daniel Toszer, Norwich had 5 players score 9 or more goals with Nathan Redmond and Wes Hoolahan grabbing a couple more.

I'm not convinced that we have enough goals around the pitch - Ben Pringle (though in a worser side) scored 3 last season, Alex Kacaniklic has never scored more than 4 (though you'd hope he'll come of age this year), Tom Cairney scored 6 in his first season at Blackburn, Lasse Vigen Christensen grabbed a respectable 5 in his 'rookie year' though could be farmed to the right hand side. So I think we'll need another goal scorer in the ranks to share the burden with Ross McCormack.

It's a big job for Kit Symons, but he's being given every opportunity to succeed, and if he doesn't with the squad we're building, I'm sure that somebody else will.

Sums it up perfectly for me...

MartyFFC

2 central defenders and a holding midfielder could well take us into the top 6. Even with Mr Bean on the touchline