News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

gillingham away 1970-71 promotion season video clip...

Started by LBNo11, July 12, 2015, 03:52:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBNo11

...This will bring back memories to the old school fans - our 1970-71 promotion season, our away win at gillingham. Some bloke called Barrett seems to be involved a lot - he wears the No11 shirt!

Click on the link, our game starts from 120:14 and finishes at 121:13 (double the time we got on MOTD!) With grateful thanks to Keith for the find:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwG29hMFeeI

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Barrett487

Thanks for sharing Ed, always good to see any highlights with Les and Jimmy shining. (i still don't like those red socks tho)

MasterHaynes

Thanks for this some great memories also good to see the ex Fulham Combo of Macdonald and Ryan teaming up for Luton

HillingdonFFC

RaySmith

Barrett and Conway - what a combination! Imagine two wingers like that playing for us today.

Great stuff -thanks for posting.

keith

About 30 Millwall in the Gillingham End supporting Fulham too. They always have hated Gillingham.

cmg

Thanks a lot. A feast of nostalgia for an old bum like me.
When Barrett was on form like this he murdered full-backs for fun.
Mike Pentecost may not have been the best full-back we ever had  , but I played alongside him at Sutton when we were kids.

That was Arsenal's Double year, what a team that was. And it still looks as if George Graham scores - although we now know it was Eddie Kelly's goal.

Best-Charlton-Law - did any English team ever have three such players up front? Certainly not all-British.

Nice pitch at Maine Road - in glorious colour too!

Goals from Allan Clarke.

Brief glimpse of the tiny genius that was Jimmy Johnstone.

The frustrating Martin Chivers destroying Scotland. A world beater on one day, rubbish the next.

Bobby Tambling, still I think Chelsea's leading scorer, playing for Crystal Palace alongside Gerry Queen. Was this the season that Queen was sent off for fighting which gave rise to the immortal headline "QUEEN IN BRAWL AT PALACE"?

And that's just the last bit!

bog

HatterDon

Once again, every video I see with Barrett makes me appreciate him more. Good pace and two good feet. Man, I love a good winger.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Wearethewhites

Quote from: keith on July 12, 2015, 04:49:46 PM
About 30 Millwall in the Gillingham End supporting Fulham too. They always have hated Gillingham.

Next season should be quite tasty.

gerrys

I was there. I remember driving back up to London, there were black and white scarves trailing from most car windows.

bill taylors apprentice

I remember it well, a bit of trouble in the high street before the game.

Looking at the film overall it shows the quality around in those days, considering the pitches and the fact you could kick lumps out of each other IMO it was a better game. Players are fitter,stronger and more organised today, but better ? Never.

When you consider how excited people get about a goal or a move in today's game with all the media coverage, looking at this old film the goals, players etc compare very favorably.

Happy Days!

FulhamStu

I was at the Gillingham game, one of the first in the ground.  Fulham took over the home end and by the time their lot arrived it was full !   Happy days.