https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kit Symons 3 Tim Sherwood 1

Started by Nick Bateman, July 13, 2015, 03:32:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Jamie88 on July 14, 2015, 06:14:22 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on July 14, 2015, 03:24:09 PM
Don't know and don't particularly care who is right and wrong anymore. I am getting fed up that Nick's threads always result in confrontation or insults. Even when he isn't involved in the spat you all seem to turn on each other because of the controversy involved.

I made a friendly thread trying to ask politely for this bickering to stop, appreciating that you are all adults and we are certainly not teachers. But recently a complaint was made about mods not dealing with every single piece of abuse or discrimination on here, labelling us as pickers and choosers to what is offensive. I say to that person and all the rest of you, just look at what people are arguing about!!!! Sponsors, schweinsteigers transfer fee to utd, whether kit is better than Sherwood or if Kaca was loaned out by Kit or not (he wasn't) but that's not the point. These things you argue about are pointless and before anyone starts I am not a hypocrite. A hypocrite is someone who has a rule for one and another for themselves. I on the other hand USED to be like this and argue over stupid things. I don't anymore and haven't for a while and let me tell you, it is a far more enjoyable experience for it.

You are not robots, most of you add a great deal to this board because you are big characters and have opinions but there is disagreeing and then there is being childish. People should also not ask mods for advice if they are going to continue to do the same old and not learn.

As you all know there are only 5 mods and I am probably on here the most often logging in about 30 times a day on and off to check for any news. This is my source for transfer gossip. But the 5 of us do have jobs, families and a life away from this voluntary moderating and things cant always be moderated instantly. Most of the time the board should moderate itself unless a troll comes along because it is unnecessary to swear or insult.

Some people hate the idea  and portray the moderators as teachers who lecture unnecessarily and don't like being reminded of rules. Yet some of you act like children, you cant have it both ways.

Please just play nicely, at least until the season starts! This time of year should be my holiday lol

The problem is Danny, is that although forums need to be moderated (and this is one very well moderated forum I might add), if we go too far the other way where no-one can criticise anybody else's posts,  it's a completely one way street where people who reply to the OP are forced to only either A) agree or B) disagree but without saying it how they feel

I think that if someones post annoys you or irritates you, then you should be allowed to say so. It has become tiring to hear so many people say "well, if you don't like it then ignore the thread/move along" etc. ..but that's just the thing, this is a forum where people should be open to discuss/argue things - if you begin to dictate how a thread should be then it's not a true representative of what people's true opinions are.

None of the moderators expect everyone to play happy families and become robot like. But why does disagreeing with someone mean you need to resort to swearing or name calling? That's my main issue at the minute. I get the impression most people on here are intelligent, knowledgeable people. So why do they tarnish their own argument by lowering themselves to that level. I am very passionate when I post and I am half if not more of most of the members ages, I have also only been a member just over a year yet I have tried my best to stop the pettiness. I was awful for it, taking things personally etc and what for? To prove someone I have never met that I am right and they are wrong.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and some of the BEST discussions and debates come from highly intellectual view points which are passionately executed but at the same time have a tint of friendliness to them and ooze class. This forum is friends of Fulham, not everyone nod your head and agree. Why cant we do just that.

Check out my thread made a few days ago trying to ask for these things to stop, treating everyone like adults. Clearly asking politely gets you nowhere so hopefully by adding a bit of balls to my request we might get a better response.

We are not interested in taking away freedom of speech but name calling, spiteful sarky comments and swearing are not necessary. There is a line and some members know exactly what they are doing by crossing it.

On a happier note, are you coming along to the meet up where I am very likely to swear and name call lol....... it is a match day after all
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Blanco

Quote from: Nick Bateman on July 14, 2015, 03:16:37 PM
School summer holidays have started already!

So that's why you're posting more comments than usual :005:

Jamie88

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on July 14, 2015, 07:10:42 PM
Don't know and don't particularly care who is right and wrong anymore. I am getting fed up that Nick's threads always result in confrontation or insults. Even when he isn't involved in the spat you all seem to turn on each other because of the controversy involved.

I made a friendly thread trying to ask politely for this bickering to stop, appreciating that you are all adults and we are certainly not teachers. But recently a complaint was made about mods not dealing with every single piece of abuse or discrimination on here, labelling us as pickers and choosers to what is offensive. I say to that person and all the rest of you, just look at what people are arguing about!!!! Sponsors, schweinsteigers transfer fee to utd, whether kit is better than Sherwood or if Kaca was loaned out by Kit or not (he wasn't) but that's not the point. These things you argue about are pointless and before anyone starts I am not a hypocrite. A hypocrite is someone who has a rule for one and another for themselves. I on the other hand USED to be like this and argue over stupid things. I don't anymore and haven't for a while and let me tell you, it is a far more enjoyable experience for it.

You are not robots, most of you add a great deal to this board because you are big characters and have opinions but there is disagreeing and then there is being childish. People should also not ask mods for advice if they are going to continue to do the same old and not learn.

As you all know there are only 5 mods and I am probably on here the most often logging in about 30 times a day on and off to check for any news. This is my source for transfer gossip. But the 5 of us do have jobs, families and a life away from this voluntary moderating and things cant always be moderated instantly. Most of the time the board should moderate itself unless a troll comes along because it is unnecessary to swear or insult.

Some people hate the idea  and portray the moderators as teachers who lecture unnecessarily and don't like being reminded of rules. Yet some of you act like children, you cant have it both ways.

Please just play nicely, at least until the season starts! This time of year should be my holiday lol

The problem is Danny, is that although forums need to be moderated (and this is one very well moderated forum I might add), if we go too far the other way where no-one can criticise anybody else's posts,  it's a completely one way street where people who reply to the OP are forced to only either A) agree or B) disagree but without saying it how they feel

I think that if someones post annoys you or irritates you, then you should be allowed to say so. It has become tiring to hear so many people say "well, if you don't like it then ignore the thread/move along" etc. ..but that's just the thing, this is a forum where people should be open to discuss/argue things - if you begin to dictate how a thread should be then it's not a true representative of what people's true opinions are.

None of the moderators expect everyone to play happy families and become robot like. But why does disagreeing with someone mean you need to resort to swearing or name calling? That's my main issue at the minute. I get the impression most people on here are intelligent, knowledgeable people. So why do they tarnish their own argument by lowering themselves to that level. I am very passionate when I post and I am half if not more of most of the members ages, I have also only been a member just over a year yet I have tried my best to stop the pettiness. I was awful for it, taking things personally etc and what for? To prove someone I have never met that I am right and they are wrong.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and some of the BEST discussions and debates come from highly intellectual view points which are passionately executed but at the same time have a tint of friendliness to them and ooze class. This forum is friends of Fulham, not everyone nod your head and agree. Why cant we do just that.

Check out my thread made a few days ago trying to ask for these things to stop, treating everyone like adults. Clearly asking politely gets you nowhere so hopefully by adding a bit of balls to my request we might get a better response.

We are not interested in taking away freedom of speech but name calling, spiteful sarky comments and swearing are not necessary. There is a line and some members know exactly what they are doing by crossing it.

On a happier note, are you coming along to the meet up where I am very likely to swear and name call lol....... it is a match day after all

But there is nothing in this thread where someone has been name calling or spiteful. Just people responding to another one of Nick's ridiculous threads.

MJG

Quote from: Jamie88 on July 14, 2015, 07:43:51 PM

Some people hate the idea  and portray the moderators as teachers who lecture unnecessarily and don't like being reminded of rules. Yet some of you act like children, you cant have it both ways.

The problem is Danny, is that although forums need to be moderated (and this is one very well moderated forum I might add), if we go too far the other way where no-one can criticise anybody else's posts,  it's a completely one way street where people who reply to the OP are forced to only either A) agree or B) disagree but without saying it how they feel

But there is nothing in this thread where someone has been name calling or spiteful. Just people responding to another one of Nick's ridiculous threads.
I was told to grow up

dannyboi-ffc

Some people hate the idea  and portray the moderators as teachers who lecture unnecessarily and don't like being reminded of rules. Yet some of you act like children, you cant have it both ways.

The problem is Danny, is that although forums need to be moderated (and this is one very well moderated forum I might add), if we go too far the other way where no-one can criticise anybody else's posts,  it's a completely one way street where people who reply to the OP are forced to only either A) agree or B) disagree but without saying it how they feel

If you think the "grow up, child!" post is an acceptable way to respond to a valid point noting that kaca wasn't loaned out by kit then I must be going crazy. Then the post by god the mechanic typed in a manner as if to patronise rather than disagree. I don't even know which side he was on because there was no opinion, just mocking. Then the picture of the rubbish.

Ok not the worst insults or comments in the world but the cherry on the cake after a week of constant bickering. I stand by what I said, if you cant disagree properly then don't bother debating at all.

Am I really being that unreasonable? And for the record, I have no issue with anyone I am referring to today. None of the other incidents involved these members other than Nick lol so its unfortunate for them that they happened to be the 4th or 5th case of it.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Nick Bateman

What was ridiculous in a Fulham supporter praising the performance of the manager over some blagger who pretends to be one??  Problem is, some people like MJG only ever decide to pick up negatives and whether he is a juvenile or not, his non-stop critique of anything I write shows he behaves like one.  If you want I can trawl through the forum on every critical remark he's made in my threads and one will see this chap's pattern is consistent.

Now the way Snarks made a properly formed point about who loaned Kacaniklic out is how to do it.   However, I contend that it happened under Symons' watch and when he did return he was in and out of the team, hardly an endorsement. 

And one does admire the work of the moderators like Dannyboi, who have made THIS forum, the "Voice of Fulham".  I used to post of the official website in the day, then the club decided not to give the fans their say.  It still is a poor show that there is no forum there, but many clubs do not listen to their patrons I have noticed.

I also agree with Jamie88 that one needs "banter" to keep a healthy debate and an interesting stimulus and I am against censorship but within reason (no swearing).  Well the admin can handle that side of things.

In the end, whether someone irks me at a given moment, I always remember they are also a Fulham fan and my emotional ardour wanes...
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

MJG

Quote from: Nick Bateman on July 14, 2015, 08:16:06 PM

What was ridiculous in a Fulham supporter praising the performance of the manager over some blagger who pretends to be one??  Problem is, some people like MJG only ever decide to pick up negatives and whether he is a juvenile or not, his non-stop critique of anything I write shows he behaves like one.  If you want I can trawl through the forum on every critical remark he's made in my threads and one will see this chap's pattern is consistent.

Now the way Snarks made a properly formed point about who loaned Kacaniklic out. I contend that it happened under Symons' watch and when he did return he was in and out of the team, hardly an endorsement.

And one does admire the work of the moderators like Dannyboi, who have made THIS forum, the "Voice of Fulham".  I used to post of the official website in the day, then the club decided not to give the fans their say.  It still is a poor show that there is no forum there, but many clubs do not listen to their patrons I have noticed.

I also agree with Jamie88 that one needs "banter" to keep a healthy debate and an interesting stimulus and I am against censorship but within reason (no swearing).  Well the admin can handle that side of things.

In the end, whether someone irks me at a given moment, I always remember they are also a Fulham fan and my emotional ardour wanes...
I think you will find its not so much the negatives I pick up on(of which there are many) .. Its the factual errors you make that I tend to correct. The recent ones being the parachute payments where you try to say there was more money available than there is and then in this one the implication that Kit was wrong to send Kaca away,  when majority of fans know it was Magath how sent him on loan.

Blanco

Quote from: Nick Bateman on July 14, 2015, 08:16:06 PM

What was ridiculous in a Fulham supporter praising the performance of the manager over some blagger who pretends to be one??  Problem is, some people like MJG only ever decide to pick up negatives and whether he is a juvenile or not, his non-stop critique of anything I write shows he behaves like one.  If you want I can trawl through the forum on every critical remark he's made in my threads and one will see this chap's pattern is consistent.

Now the way Snarks made a properly formed point about who loaned Kacaniklic out is how to do it.   However, I contend that it happened under Symons' watch and when he did return he was in and out of the team, hardly an endorsement. 

And one does admire the work of the moderators like Dannyboi, who have made THIS forum, the "Voice of Fulham".  I used to post of the official website in the day, then the club decided not to give the fans their say.  It still is a poor show that there is no forum there, but many clubs do not listen to their patrons I have noticed.

I also agree with Jamie88 that one needs "banter" to keep a healthy debate and an interesting stimulus and I am against censorship but within reason (no swearing).  Well the admin can handle that side of things.

"You emotional ardour wanes"? Do you talk like this in real life? I'm not taking the mick just curious.

dannyboi-ffc

Nick I feel like I am repeating myself tonight but no mod is saying we need complete censorship. But there has to be rules otherwise people run riot. A forum is designed for you to voice an opinion. However, disagreeing doesn't have to result in calling someone a name, swearing or calling them a child when they merely pointed out a fact. Now there must be history between yourself and MJG and I know how hard it can be to accept a disagreement or comment from those so called enemies. In the past I have been guilty of it, I wish Tony Gilroy would rejoin so that we could settle our differences and move on like I have done with others.

But from a mods point of view MJG didn't do anything to warrant the grow up child post and he is right, kaca wasn't loaned by Kit. In the end that small retaliation has resulted in others getting involved and my lecture. I don't think anyone should post if they cant accept not everyone will agree but at the same time every member has the right to be respected for their views (unless vulgar or evil obviously).

I think that's a fair way to run things but you cant please everyone.

I will finish off by saying I do not intend to take sides and wont take sides and I apologise to all involved that this has been dealt with for all to see and not privately. Unless necessary I like to explain and sort things out in the thread so that everyone can read it and hopefully take on board the reasoning behind it. I know the common way is private and if anyone ever has an issue they wish to discuss privately then feel free to message me. I always respond to messages and it will always remain confidential and will only be shared with the other mods if necessary. But this is my style for moderating and hopefully it benefits everyone and makes the board a better place. Keep the opinions coming Nick! Its what the board is about

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

epsomraver

Why do you think bateman posts on here? to get a reaction? precisley, and I know who I would rather believe knows his football between MJG and him, he now claims he watched Haynes and he is his hero! As my old Dad used to say if there is one about I will find him!

Nick Bateman

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 14, 2015, 08:17:35 PM
I can't blame Sepp Blatter for these Shenanigans. But there is clearly an air of hostility on here and I am sorry to see it happen.
May I suggest a cease fire, and a time to reflect.
We are all Fulham supporters, whether we like it or not.
So we all have one thing in common, which is to see Fulham FC stage a come back.
At the risk of being criticised. May I be so bold as to suggest that we may be seeing the first green roots of recovery shooting through some stony ground. If you can reflect back to 12 months ago, we were heading for black hole, where arguably we reached rock bottom after 8 matches.
Since then, and especially in the last two months, I am quietly confident that the Management and the Club are heading in the right direction, the recent friendly v Aston Villa showed there is reasons to be cheerful, and after the signing of five players so far who in my opinion are all positive additions as well as the 2 or 3 players returning from long term injury, and getting high earners off the books, the pieces of jig saw one by one are falling into place.
I reckon we all agree that we need a left back and a centre back as priority, and maybe one or two others. But we are nearly there. As there is certainly competition for places. So what is there to be angry about.
We kick off in four weeks and it all starts again, I am quietly confident, especially if we can secure two or three more players who we need.
I feel that Nick Bateman cast himself adrift from the rest of the herd, due to his take no prisoners attitude to differences of opinion.
With your permissions, I challenge and invite Nick, to attend the next gathering of the Friends of Fulham in Putney, assuming he is a true Supporter, whereupon we can all smoke the pipe of peace, or piece of pipe, and Nick can show us he is human, and also we can show him he is amongst friends, providing he buys the first round, I cannot see how he can refuse, seeing as he has plenty to say for himself, so he should be confident in himself.
It's best we all meet face to face, which will encourage civilised behaviour for all, and maybe just maybe rid ourselves of any demons. I don't mind being the Devils advocate, but I do wish everyone could get on.
I say this from the bottom of my heart, or is it the heart of my bottom.
Anyway it's the best way to resolve this tiresome bickering.
Nick you appear to be an educated person going by your command of the English language. However, there are protocols as well as football knowledge you need to be educated in, if I may suggest.
Come to the next get together and show people you are a regular guy, and a real Dr Jekyll, as opposed to this Mr Hyde who surfaces when you are angry, a good chance to show your real attributes, and show your critics that you are misunderstood.
If you buy the first round, I promise to buy the second round, I cannot be fairer than that.
It's not Sepp Blatters fault this time, or is it ?
Thank you and Goodnight

Well, quite a "wall of text" from Mammoth, or Woolly he likes to be known as (which sounds worse to me).  You certainly have bottled up a lot since my remarks of Sepp Blatter in the light of a media 'witch hunt' and the FBI bringing politics into sport, which many have always said should never mix.

For the record, people can disagree with another's opinion, but it is a different story when someone merely disagrees with ANYTHING he can pick one up on.

I cannot be arsed to trawl through all the negative remarks MJG has made against me, to NO RESPONSE from me, but it has been numerous times so today I did react and suddenly there are ludricrous over-reactions.

Again Mammoth you have chosen to doubt whether I am a genuine fan.  Your last posting made a similar assertion and after I went away it did bother me that you said that.  So why say it again??  That is probably the WORST thing anyone can say to another Fulham fan, so you are Mammoth until you state you believe I am a Fulham supporter.  I don't know what on Earth has made you think otherwise?  Was it the Women's World Cup was not a much better standard than many amateur male teams, I don't see why my "black & white" credentials should come into it??!!

As for your idea to get together for a 'good ol' pint' and a sing-song, that does not take into account my location and my activities, so I would have to decline for now.  You didn't ask MJG to do anything so one wonders why I am asked to go the extra mile to prove myself for your suggestion?

What if one said the same thing to all the American posters who frequent this forum, how are they supposed to gather at your behest?  

You used to be a fairly decent contributor to my threads then, after I defended Blatter from a media frenzy of unproven accusations, you referred to me as "Master Bates", a play on words I have heard many times.  I called you Mammoth before, and I did so afterwards, it was not meant any way unfriendly, but you took it as that.

Again, somebody didn't disagree with my view, but asserted that I was a "troll".  How would you react to that, after going to the trouble of 'penning' one's thoughts for debate with fellow Fulham fans??

Blanco pointed out that some on this board were trying to 'wind me up'.  Perhaps because my threads are formulated with a general prose similar to how one might read in a quality newspaper; this is how I was taught to write and only because of a modern drop of standards in grammar, people use "leet" and other abbreviations rather than bother to essay the whole composition properly.

My last point on this thread was on the topic saying a good manager will identify with who his best players are faster and that I feel is what Kit Symons needs to do - I only pointed out he allowed Kacaniklic out on loan while Fulham were hovering above the Championship relegation zone and one hoped he has learned how good Kaca is.

Nick Bateman

Quote from: epsomraver on July 14, 2015, 09:02:35 PM
Why do you think bateman posts on here? to get a reaction? precisley, and I know who I would rather believe knows his football between MJG and him, he now claims he watched Haynes and he is his hero! As my old Dad used to say if there is one about I will find him!

I didn't say I watched Haynes in the 'flesh', but on recordings and he IS a legend.  I saw him on Sky TV talking about some games he played and he was such a character, it made him one of my favourites!!  Again you trivialise my point of view unlike anyone else on here but you disliked me the moment I appeared on the forum.

epsomraver

Quote from: Nick Bateman on July 14, 2015, 09:13:56 PM
Quote from: epsomraver on July 14, 2015, 09:02:35 PM

I didn't say I watched Haynes in the 'flesh', but on recordings and he IS a legend.  I saw him on Sky TV talking about some games he played and he was such a character, it made him one of my favourites!!  Again you trivialise my point of view unlike anyone else on here but you disliked me the moment I appeared on the forum.
I wonder why that is? :doh:

MJG

Explain how I have corrected a mistake in your post  is seen as a negative post?
Nothing negative about it. It's a positive because I have helped you 'know your football'

Nick Bateman

You look for a negative - Kaca was on loan under Kit Symons, Fulham were at the bottom of the league at the same time - facts!

MJG

Quote from: Nick Bateman on July 14, 2015, 09:25:10 PM
You look for a negative - Kaca was on loan under Kit Symons, Fulham were at the bottom of the league at the same time - facts!
And your post was

" Last season he did not see the worth of Kacaniklic and sent him away on loan, a foolhardy decision, and played a teenager in George Williams to no use."

Fact is you were incorrect in that statement with regards Kaca.

epsomraver

Kit brought Kaca back as soon as possible from loan so I agree, please don't try to teach Bateman about football, life is too short and you haven't got that much time :005:

Burt

To Danny's point, can we please keep things on an even keel.

People, including Nick, have a right to express their views on here so long as there is no offensive language or abuse aimed at other FOFers.

The original post actually does fit those guidelines.

Feel free to agree or disagree, but as Nick's style does not meet with universal approval then people should remember that they can also ignore rather than comment!

Cheers

Burt

Nick Bateman

Well said Burt.  Some common sense needs to be drilled into some people.

Let's analyze why MJG decided for the umteempth time to criticise something I wrote on the forum.

"Last season he did not see the worth of Kacaniklic and sent him away on loan, a foolhardy decision, and played a teenager in George Williams to no use". - unquote

The entire statement is true.  Symons allowed Kaca to be on loan while Fulham were at the very bottom of the lowly Championship.  It was a foolhardy decision to send him on loan.  Symons played George Williams on the left, same wing, and when Kaca returned he continued to play other players rather than Kananiklic in EVERY game as he should have.  Symons therefore did not see the full worth of Kaca.

Many fans at one point last season sung "You don't know what you're doing" to Symons, not on this issue solely but on his general poor management, selections and the results.  Many wanted him out and some suggested Sherwood when he became available.

That was why I posted this topic after the impressive friendly against Villa and my optimism that perhaps, after such a good display by Kaca, Symons will see how important he is to Fulham's width and his pace in the counter-attack.

So for you MJG to interject was bereft of reasonable cause as I have outlined above.  As for the Epsom Raving "Looney" remarks, I don't know what planet he is coming from - probably Pluto.

MJG

See your still getting things wrong... 'He allowed Kaca to be on loan" He could not recall him till January.
The second point about him  not being used correctly when he returned has merit,  but you still can't get it in to your brain that Kit had nothing to do with him going on loan.

Edited  'till'