more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kit Symons 3 Tim Sherwood 1

Started by Nick Bateman, July 13, 2015, 03:32:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: Nick Bateman on July 15, 2015, 11:57:52 AM
Well, I'm for once at a loss for words regarding Mammoth's reaction.

He decided to intervene in a disagreement between myslf and another who has been making negative comments constantly on anything I write.  But in doing so he chose only to ask ME to attend his favourite hostelry in the Putney area so that I would "prove myself".  I used to frequent The Railway when I was about but I did so at my choice, at the time of my choosing.

I declined his purported 'hand of friendship' stating in was inconvenient because of logistics but it seems it now has become the 'Hand of God' with some vendetta ahead outlined.  They say the biggest insult to an Arab is to refuse his gift; seems this is a worldwide retroaction as I refused Mammoth's 'gift' to travel to Putney and buy HIM a drink!!

I used to appeciate Mammoth's occasional comments on my threads, alongside Rupert they seemed a pair of "Hooray Henrys" or "Goodtime Charlies" up for a laugh, sometimes condescending but not insufferable.  Rupert thought he was the "King Of Comedy" while Mammoth seemed more guarded and thoughtful.  One wouldn't like this atmosphere to change because of a non-spilled pint.

A few days ago, I asked a moderator to remove one of my topics because it was regarded too controversial and I stated it was out of respect for Mammoth.  One hopes with his attunement to Elephants he has not forgotten that one.

I enjoy posting on here now and again just to get something off one's chest - it may rankle one or two, that is incidental.  We all like a bit of banter now and then, and do not wish a heavy slightly hostile under-current pervading this excellent messageboard.  I wish to bury any hatchet raised between myself and Mammoth, or anyone else for that matter too. 

Perhaps one day when the time is right, I may take him up on his offer.  Only he should buy the first drink! 

To be honest nick a lot of us are meeting up for a drink and I genuinely think that invite was an olive branch extended your way rather than an insult. You can read into most posts in different ways. I do feel you get a hard time on here sometimes but you really don't make it easy on yourself at other times. I have to say I enjoy your posts even if I disagree with them more often than not. It's your right to voice your opinion and keep it up as far as I'm concerned. We will all be there before Brighton and if you choose to show up I will buy you and woolly mammoth a pint. To share