watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

(Villa) KS post match comments

Started by davew, July 13, 2015, 09:38:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

Happy as we all are that we won an unimportant friendly but a bit surprised by KS comments about the other forthcoming friendlies, why will playing Crawley be important or are we getting ready to descend to their league, strange comment?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Baszab

It's important as he is trying to build a squad of players who play for each other and for the club - then he won't be criticised all the time for everything including opening his gob and taking about friendlies

davew

Quote from: Baszab on July 13, 2015, 09:45:53 PM
It's important as he is trying to build a squad of players who play for each other and for the club - then he won't be criticised all the time for everything including opening his gob and taking about friendlies
(lol) He is going to prove a lot of us wrong this year and I sincerely hope so, really like the guy, believe it or not!!!!

hovewhite

Quote from: davew on July 13, 2015, 09:55:08 PM
(lol) He is going to prove a lot of us wrong this year and I sincerely hope so, really like the guy, believe it or not!!!!
Dave
Dave I'll echo your sentiment!

davew

Thanks, our expectation levels always rise during the close season, maybe this season will be 1 to remember for the right reason! Getting so fed up sounding like Victor Meldrew the past few years!

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: davew on July 13, 2015, 09:38:12 PM
Happy as we all are that we won an unimportant friendly but a bit surprised by KS comments about the other forthcoming friendlies, why will playing Crawley be important or are we getting ready to descend to their league, strange comment?

Kit's comment is not strange.

What is strange is why you bothered to twist what he said in half a paragraph of a fifteen paragraph news item to have a go at him.

"We've got some really tough games. Crawley will be a really good game for us on Saturday. They'll be a good side who'll be really up for the challenge. After that we've got two high quality games over in Austria, then we're back and we play Palace and Colchester the weekend before the season starts, so two more fantastic games".

The Crawley game will be important to Fulham simply because it is the next game in our preparation, an opportunity to keep practicing the things they have been doing in training and for the new players to get to know their team mates.

MJG

Im amazed at times how every sentence in an article,  every movement in a video,  even a still photograph is poured over looking to pick up anything they can turn into a negative.
Someone last week said Roberts body language in a photo showed he was unhappy and on his way. FFS,  it's a still shot one of about 100 from that tour.
Now this,  it's an important game as it will be the third warmup game and as each game progresses they all build up in more importance leading to the palace game where we should be close to the starting XI for Cardiff.

davew

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on July 13, 2015, 10:12:24 PM
Quote from: davew on July 13, 2015, 09:38:12 PM

Kit's comment is not strange.

What is strange is why you bothered to twist what he said in half a paragraph of a fifteen paragraph news item to have a go at him.

“We’ve got some really tough games. Crawley will be a really good game for us on Saturday. They’ll be a good side who’ll be really up for the challenge. After that we’ve got two high quality games over in Austria, then we’re back and we play Palace and Colchester the weekend before the season starts, so two more fantastic games".

The Crawley game will be important to Fulham simply because it is the next game in our preparation, an opportunity to keep practicing the things they have been doing in training and for the new players to get to know their team mates.
Typical response (sorry), what did I twist, perhaps I should have responded to every sentence that he said, high quality games and then Palace (yes that would be worthwhile) and Colchester, the relevance of that match would be?? Relax, we will be where we will be in a years time and yes the Crawley experience may well prove useful (only joking..........I hope)!

davew

Quote from: MJG on July 13, 2015, 10:17:06 PM
Im amazed at times how every sentence in an article,  every movement in a video,  even a still photograph is poured over looking to pick up anything they can turn into a negative.
Someone last week said Roberts body language in a photo showed he was unhappy and on his way. FFS,  it's a still shot one of about 100 from that tour.
Now this,  it's an important game as it will be the third warmup game and as each game progresses they all build up in more importance leading to the palace game where we should be close to the starting XI for Cardiff.
MJG just trying to keep a few of our forum friends active while we are waiting for a few more good signings!

davew

Lot of experienced divers on here (including me) been learning to hold our breath for ages!

FPT

I've always seen pre-season, especially our case as the first few games is giving everyone some game time to get match-fit and back into the rhythm, but the last few is when you start putting partnerships and your team together. Crawley will be another run out, a good amount of changes etc. I think by the time we come back from Austria and into Crystal Palace (where we hopefully have another signing of two) we'll have a very good idea of our line up at Cardiff City.

Back to the point, Kit does point out that he feels it'll be important for them (Crawley) being up for it. The actual quote: "Crawley will be a really good game for us on Saturday. They'll be a good side who'll be really up for the challenge."

I do think he recognises that the game is more for us to play and have a bit of freedom to change around. We'll likely dominate the majority of the ball, see some more fringe players and you never know, a good performance might earn a loan move to Crawley for the likes of Cameron Burgess or Liam Donnelly.

A quick look at the Crawley Town website, they don't have a senior goalkeeper, they have three senior defenders (two full backs and a centre back), they have six senior midfielders and three senior strikers. This could be quite fun...

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: davew on July 13, 2015, 09:55:08 PM

He absolutely will. I think all the naysayers are going to be quiet this season. King Kit please don't let us down, you are beloved as a Fulham man.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

RaySmith

A lot of focus on friendlies, and even pressure these days, as there never used to be.

Well a few years ago the friendlies would be watched by a few of the hard core faithful, and were seen as run outs for the players, and the results meaningless.

But, it's obviously better to win any game than to lose, and get the winning habit, and Kit knows this, and is trying to convey a positive feeling about the squad.

He knows it will be good for him and the players to start the season on a run of good results, while also knowing that friendly results don't really mean much, and are a chance to look at different players, and try out new formations, as well as mainly being part of base fitness training in preparation for the new season.

gang

It's not so important who we play only how. These friendlies are designed for fitness, team building and to ensure the players reach the right level at the beginning of the season. Long gone are the days of 1 pre-season game, Probables against Possibles.

mikestrand

The friendlies would have been a good time to gel our new defence, unfortunately we haven't got our new defence.