watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-Top of the Pops

Started by bog, July 14, 2015, 04:12:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Having seen the first ever TOTP I wondered what other's is their most memorable moment on the show? Mine will always be Jimi Hendrix's first appearance playing Hey Joe. That guitar solo was just sensational.   :Haynes The Maestro:

092.gif   

keith

Mine's seeing Slade perform `Coz I Luv You' for the first time.

RaySmith

Impossible to top that bog, but this is one I remember catching and really liking-The Pogues and The Dubliners

https://youtu.be/TzWs3zd_BZQ

bog

I liked Slade Ray, you always got your monies worth with them. Get Down and Get With it stays with me also.

092.gif 

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

HatterDon

Quote from: bog on July 14, 2015, 04:12:57 PM
Having seen the first ever TOTP I wondered what other's is their most memorable moment on the show? Mine will always be Jimi Hendrix's first appearance playing Hey Joe. That guitar solo was just sensational.   :Haynes The Maestro:

092.gif   

I remember that. A guy came rushing into my dorm room and yelled, "Hey, come check this out. There's a crazy Jamaican dude playing the guitar with his teeth."
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Burt

I remember seeing the Sparks on there. This Town Ain't Big Enough for the Two of Us". It was a real "WTF" moment, even though that acronym had yet to be invented.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfA4FphZHbc

HatterDon

I liked every one of Pan's People -- individually and collectively.

ffc73

Debbie Harry just as I reached puberty....

For the life of me I can't remember what she was singing but the image has stayed with me

f bloke

Quote from: FFC73 on July 14, 2015, 10:23:42 PM
Debbie Harry just as I reached puberty....

For the life of me I can't remember what she was singing but the image has stayed with me
i

She debuted on TOTP doing Denis wearing a rust coloured shirt and similarly coloured thigh length boots. All we talked about at school the next day.

HatterDon

I also remember seeing Cream for the first time -- and this was when they weren't all that in England, before their tour in America made them world wide stars. They did "I Feel Free" dressed in Medieval costumes. G. Baker had daggers for drum sticks.

Ged

Rod Stewart and the Faces signing Maggie May 1971
They were half drunk and playing football half way through the song
Rod later admitted they were drinking all day and playing football with Slade in the corridors of the BBC and had tried to get into Pans Peoples changing rooms
They got John Peel to play the mandolin as well

westcliff white

Never liked TOTP or Hendrix, but appreciate that both were iconic.
Every day is a Fulham day

snarks

Thin Lizzy singing whisky in the jar, I saw Phil Lynott was black and irish, and I thought I didn't know there were (m)any of them.