watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

doomed in the short to medium term

Started by nose, July 19, 2015, 10:04:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

we have a management that has settled for mediocrity and second rate is good enough.

i despair at the lack of ambition and guts we are showing

when MAF came he had an attitude that everything was possible and it happened, aim high

the current management is full of modern media speaking platitudes and we are doomed... i suspect we will start a long slow slump.

i have no optimism for the new season, gained jazz lost roberts speaks volummes about our our lack of vision for the future

roberts will be unlikely to fulfil his potential at city and i doub't will develop into the player he might have been with better advice... and we have shown an eagerness to cash in rather than build a decent team. who will be buy with the fee more jazz richards standard players?

it's like when we sold mullery, marsh macdonald etc.... it sets the wheels in reverse

i support fulham the club and continue so to do, i will continue to go to the games and if we win i will imagine that that the impossible might yet happen. but my head says we are in terrible decline and the so called 'new management' has it all wrong.

bottom 6 more likely that top half i am afraid and even if we do better than i say i suspect we may be only a season or two away from being in league one....to move forward you have to show imagination and comittement, that is lacking...still the people we have talk well in front of a camera so that's alright then.

alfie

Quote from: nose on July 19, 2015, 10:04:40 AM
we have a management that has settled for mediocrity and second rate is good enough.

when MAF came he had an attitude that everything was possible and it happened, aim high

the current management is full of modern media speaking platitudes and we are making repetitive replies that aren't funny! ... i suspect we will start a long slow slump.

i have no optimism for the new season, gained jazz lost roberts speaks volummes about our our lack of vision for the future

roberts will be unlikely to fulfil his potential at city and i doub't will develop into the player he might have been with better advice... and we have shown an eagerness to cash in rather than build a decent team. who will be buy with the fee more jazz richards standard players?

it's like when we sold mullery, marsh macdonald etc.... it sets the wheels in reverse

i support fulham the club and continue so to do, i will continue to go to the games and if we win i will imagine that that the impossible might yet happen. but my head says we are in terrible decline and the so called 'new management' has it all wrong.

bottom 6 more likely that top half i am afraid and even if we do better than i say i suspect we may be only a season or two away from being in league one....to move forward you have to show imagination and comittement, that is lacking...still the people we have talk well in front of a camera so that's alright then.

Or you could  wait until the season actually starts before you write them off.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

gang

Roberts was determined to leave for 'greener pastures', in January he could have started negotiating with another club and left for free.
Mullerys' fee was £72,500 a lot of money then.
Marsh was sold to finance Alan Clarke.
MacDonald couldn't get in the team and only came good at Luton, who were in a lower division.
All players have their price, even top 4 clubs lose them when they want to go.

Lighthouse

Again I find it hard to comprehend these posts now. Three,two seasons ago. Last season as well. It all made sense to talk of lack of ambition. But it all seems a bit late now. We sold Roberts because the kid and his parents wanted to go. He didn't play last season because he wasn't good enough. City are rich enough to be able to gamble of him.

We are slowly bringing in players that we should have brought in last season. As I said last year, players who have played in the Champions League will find Champions football a different proposition. Now we are trying to bring in players to help us in this league.

There is still much to do but it is still early days. But talk of lack of ambition ( a rallying cry in the days of Trinder) is all far too late. Frustrating it may be. However this is the first season we look to reverse the decline. That is as much ambition as you could hope for.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

TWFL

the current management is full of modern media speaking platitudes and we are making repetitive replies that aren't funny! ... i suspect we will start a long slow slump.

So Roberts goes and that's it?

We have to fund our expenditure somehow, it's not the same as when MAF came in. You need to comply to FFP rules, hence why one of our bright prospects had to go.

You mention Jazz (who you've already taken a shine too I see) but nothing about Cairney, Pringle or O'Hara, three of the most creative players in the league last year. No lack of ambition or guts there imo.

Craven Mad

I think we are miles off promotion talks right now, but the signings we've made (in the midfield at least) are the right sort of players to take us forward in the league.

Pat showed a lot of promise but he's not ready yet, and his sale can fund players to help this season. For next season, at least, McDonald and Dunk would be more useful than Pat.

I am very worried about our defence [it's so, so bad] and I'm seriously disappointed in the managerial situation [we need some stability, but the Kit/Curbs partnership has been useless so far, and I'd rather we have one or neither, but not both].

But it's still early days in the transfer window. If we brought in Dunk/McDonald in the next week, then looked for an LB and possibly another striker it'd hard to argue that we're not stronger this year than last. [plus, not only are we looking stronger on paper, but we've shed some of our biggest earners - balancing the books, which is vital in a league with strict FFP]

Also, we've had two pre-season games and we've won both 3-1; even though their just friendlies we're scoring  and not conceding too many either - which reassuring.

Basically, I kind of agree with what you're saying, but I think we need to try to and have some patience. With the Pat money now in, hopefully the club can stump up for some more exciting players (and I flippin' pray at least 2 new defenders).

VicHalomsLovechild

Or we could keep him and he'll probably feel we messed up his chances of making it big. Like most clubs were not designed to hold on to prodigious talent. We get the chance occasionally, lucky us.
Roy's team didn't really contain any superstars but they got us to a final and held their own in the best league in the World. I'd settle for that has again.

f321ffc

Quote from: Craven Mad on July 19, 2015, 10:18:18 AM

Pat showed a lot of promise but he's not ready yet, and his sale can fund players to help this season. For next season, at least, McDonald and Dunk would be more useful than Pat.

:plus one:
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

hovewhite

were in the championship now and we are rebuilding and its been a good start in my view we need some defensive reinforcements.
I don't see a lack of ambition.

colinwhite

Quote from: gang on July 19, 2015, 10:16:25 AM
Roberts was determined to leave for 'greener pastures', in January he could have started negotiating with another club and left for free.
MacDonald couldn't get in the team and only came good at Luton, who were in a lower division.
Disagree about macdonald .He was red hot and anyone could see what great player he was going to be with that pace. Disnt get on with the management nd got sold on . If the fans had been asked about that one we would have said no to a man !

colinwhite

Nose , what happens between now and the end of the transfer window will show wether or not you are  right . if thats the extent of our signings then i agree with you , but we are all hoping there will be a good few more to come .So lets see.

nose

Quote from: colinwhite on July 19, 2015, 12:39:06 PM
Nose , what happens between now and the end of the transfer window will show wether or not you are  right . if thats the extent of our signings then i agree with you , but we are all hoping there will be a good few more to come .So lets see.

you're the first one to make sense to my comments.
roberts going of itself is not the issue but the fact we let it happen is bad for us and for the boy.. bad for us because the signings we have made are not that inspiring..so we shall wait and see wht follows
for the boy he is clearly ill advised because his career could easilly stop before it starts there, a season or two with us would have been so much more and obviously sensible.
i just recall the three man vidow, kit, rigg and ali... media speak but no real info save that they are going ahead with the new stand

want i want to hear is one of them to say we are determined to become the manachester united of the south, even if it doesn't happen, at least we are aiming high with some ambition and passion.... that is what we are totally lacking and this sale demonstrates to me.

nose

Quote from: alfie on July 19, 2015, 10:09:36 AM

Or you could  wait until the season actually starts before you write them off.

actually alfie, I am ever the optimist and i believe things can always be better.
if you put your mind to something you can succeed. unfortunately the management at the club (I do not mean kit) are giving me prescious little encouragement and i fee the disapointment accutely when I fel they are letting us all down.

Come the first match i will have psyched myself up into a frenzy and believe anything is possible, after the first six ames I hope I still have the same state of mind.

Logicalman

I can see the points you are making, but when you start aiming high, you need to maintain that direction and goal, MaF did not, and THAT was the start of the slide.

Saying that, there has been little to provide evidence that the current management team have stopped that slide that was in full force, and at their start, they added to the momentum downwards by poor choices in both failing to act to rid us of Jol, and than acting too fast in providing FM a platform for his experimental ideas on tactics, training and treatment. Perhaps they have put the brakes on the downwards momentum, perhaps even bottomed it out, but as we all know, it's harder to climb a hill than it is the free-fall down one, so expecting similar time-frames for both directions is a little optimistic.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Twig

Right now I estimate that the club have made a net £6.5 mil profit on transfers this summer, plus they have significantly reduced the wage bill.  Even before the Roberts transfer Kit had only been allowed to spend a net £1.5m or so, perhaps a bit less.

That means 'till now Kit has been feeding off scraps, he has done a very decent job in my opinion. But a rebuild on the cheap nevertheless.

To be clear I do not blame Kit, if that was the budget then he has done a great   job, but I do get Nose' point that we are yet to show any serious ambition.  I don't mean to be negative and will await developments but right now the Chairman is on a profit on his deals in terms of net transfer fees and even more so in terms of wages.

Time to splash some cash methinks!

nose

Quote from: Logicalman on July 19, 2015, 02:43:21 PM
I can see the points you are making, but when you start aiming high, you need to maintain that direction and goal, MaF did not, and THAT was the start of the slide.

Saying that, there has been little to provide evidence that the current management team have stopped that slide that was in full force, and at their start, they added to the momentum downwards by poor choices in both failing to act to rid us of Jol, and than acting too fast in providing FM a platform for his experimental ideas on tactics, training and treatment. Perhaps they have put the brakes on the downwards momentum, perhaps even bottomed it out, but as we all know, it's harder to climb a hill than it is the free-fall down one, so expecting similar time-frames for both directions is a little optimistic.

maf wanted to move to a bigger stadium. when the fans didn't want that he said ok and we stayed but with less revenue and the bloke at chelsea upsetting the apple cart he toned down the investment. but even so we got to a european final because we had a manager with ability.... and that is all that is needed a good manager and coaching staff.....   

Nick Bateman

Nose said something similar to that which I remarked a couple of weeks ago before the sale of Roberts.  While I agree with the sale for £12m, I concur with your view, that Khan & Mackintosh are lining the company's pockets at the expense of the club, to date.  A handful of budget signings so far, do not 'cut it'!!

That may change in the coming weeks, but it MUST happen soon.  We also lost Ruiz recently: Fulham are losing all the players other teams want and we are keeping the ones NOBODY wants!  Ross McCormack, look out!

For once however, the defenders of the board can no longer wave the FFP 'white flag' in response to their lack of spending and even they must see Fulham need major, yes major improvement of our first team.  No more "freebies" who will make up the numbers, Fulham need top quality.  

I mentioned Ashley Barnes but there are others of whom members of this forum could easily mention as possible acquisitions.  

And as you said Nose, Fulham should show the ambition Mohamed Al Fayed showed when he had a trendy West London club in the Championship.  We need to show willy!!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Forever Fulham

Nick, I don't see how Khan is "lining his pockets".  Thus far, this has been a losing proposition for him.  Perhaps the better view is staunching the bleeding.  But there's still time to land a big fish or two with surplus money to do so.  Are they looking in the right places?  If there is unit which mustn't have a communications problem, it's the back four.  I'd prefer that all of the defenders be conversant in English, whatever their first language may be.  At times last season it seemed like there was confusion back there, and I wonder if it came down to communication.  Could be we had musical chairs defending, where you never knew who would be lining up beside you each week.  And you have to have constancy in the back where mistakes in assignments are too costly. 

bog

Quote from: gang on July 19, 2015, 10:16:25 AM

I query the Malcolm Macdonald line. He was looking top drawer. I was there when we had gone ages without a goal and he came into the side. I saw his debut as a sub At Sheff United midweek. Against Palace we won 1-0 on a Friday eve. He scored and could have had 5. He did not come good at Luton he did so here, it was a real shock when he was sold and it took me a season to get over it!

092.gif

092.gif 

St Eve

Let's see how everyone feels about ambition when we sell Betts, LVC, Woodrow and Dembele