A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Started by steve magnets, July 20, 2015, 07:40:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve magnets

Hi all, first post on this or any other forum. Supported ffc since the sixties . Sth as is my son, favourite player, tough call, watched  Haynes & Cohen, probably to young to appreciate them , loved Clark, Earle , Conway and off course les.admired Moore, Paul went  full of heart. So a mixed bag and so many many more. Hope I get to discuss many topics but particularly our beloved Fulham   take it easy . Regards

gerrys

WhiteJC

welcome Steve

with the season fast approaching hopefully we'll have some interesting topics to get to grips with,

why is the closed season sooooo long?

Lighthouse

Quote from: steve magnets on July 20, 2015, 07:40:27 PM
Hi all, first post on this or any other forum. Supported ffc since the sixties . Sth as is my son, favourite player, tough call, watched  Haynes & Cohen, probably to young to appreciate them , loved Clark, Earle , Conway and off course les.admired Moore, Paul went  full of heart. So a mixed bag and so many many more. Hope I get to discuss many topics but particularly our beloved Fulham   take it easy . Regards

I see you missed off your list Frank Large. Easy mistake to make. But for all the ups and downs we have had as a club I still think that the era of the Sixties and Seventies were great fun to be a Fulham fan. May just be an age thing. Welcome and please post as much as possible.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

RaySmith

Welcome Steve -look forward to reading your posts.

Fernhurst

Welcome Steve

This has always been the apex of all Fulham MB's.

Join in and enjoy!!

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

steve magnets

I shall certainly posting on a regular basis. And you may be right about the sixties and seventies  but as I always say to my son , in thirty year's time these will be the good old day's! What a thought!

dannyboi-ffc

Welcome Steve, look forward to speaking to you more often on here. Hopefully next season is a more enjoyable one
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

colinwhite

Paul Went was full of muscle too .I still remember hearing that eary snap as he broke Martin Busbys leg at th cottage that night . Perhaps Im just a silly old romantic type !
Welcome Steve

Jonaldiniho 88

Welcome Steve. Hope you find this board as enjoyable as I do. All the players you mentioned were before my time but here's hoping we have some more to share in the future.

MasterHaynes

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 20, 2015, 08:24:07 PM
Quote from: steve magnets on July 20, 2015, 07:40:27 PM

I see you missed off your list Frank Large. Easy mistake to make. But for all the ups and downs we have had as a club I still think that the era of the Sixties and Seventies were great fun to be a Fulham fan. May just be an age thing. Welcome and please post as much as possible.
064.gif  I needed a good laugh this morning, thanks Lighthouse 065.gif

filham

Welcome Steve.
Yes the sixties and the Haynes era was a great period  but right now our eyes must all be fixed on the kick off in about 17 days time. Let's hope things start well for us.

bobbo

Pleased to have you along Steve. I'm not as active on here is I should be but check it out at least once a day. Looking forward to your posts.
Who was it that said they heard Martin busby's leg snap , coz I heard it as wel I was stood on the riverside (yes stood) halfway between the halfway line and the hammy end , it was right in front of me. Nasty nasty sound
1975 just leaving home full of hope

McBride78

Welcome aboard Steve

Logicalman

Welcome aboard Steve, good to another person appreciative of JC on here mate.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

LBNo11

...I was attracted by your name as soon as you opened your north and south - enjoy this little corner of the Fulham cyberworld; there are many others but we strive through our members contributions, to be one of the best..!

076.gif
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

LBNo11

...PS: Paul Went was a tough cookie, I remember a game where an opposition player caught the ball on the sweet spot of his foot and hit it on the full volley, past our 'keeper and heading goal-wards - a certain goal, except on the line stood Paul Went, who feet on ground headed that ball of the line and it reached the center circle.

We used to sing:-

P
A

P
A
U

P
A
U
L

PAUL WENT..!

Basic, but adequate, a bit like the song to my hero Les Barrett (No11) 'Leslie - Leslie - Leslie' Mind you he did have "I'd walk a million miles, for one of your goals oh Le-es-lie"...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

colinwhite

Went had an amazing range on his headed clearances . Neck muscles like a tree trunk

Burt

Welcome aboard Steve  049:gif