watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Larnell Cole

Started by Wearethewhites, July 21, 2015, 11:55:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wearethewhites

I get this feeling that the lad may be a shock impact for Fulham this season. Many people who see him at Crawley have said he's not frightened to take a player on, and shows some attributes of Boa Morte' with the ball at his feet.

I know it's not on the same scale, but after losing Roberts, we need that impact type player who can compete at a Championship level, and Larnell Cole may be that player.   

hovewhite

I think this lad will make a real impact this coming season when hes on the pitch.

MJG

I hope he does well, but I'm not sure he looks ready at all for the championship. Nice touch, fairly direct, but I'd loan to a L1 team at least for 3 months.

FPT

Eh, I'm not so sure. I get the feeling that Larnell doesn't know what he's going to do with the ball once he gets it. He's very childish as a footballer, which isn't a surprise really given his lack of experience and time lost through injury - but I don't think he's going to be a shock impact. He may look bright, but I don't think he'd be my 'dark horse' for the year - reminds of an attacking version of Nikolay Bodurov - looks good but very little substance once you look into the inner details.

N_O_W_S

Quote from: Wearethewhites on July 21, 2015, 11:55:51 AM
I get this feeling that the lad may be a shock impact for Fulham this season. Many people who see him at Crawley have said he's not frightened to take a player on, and shows some attributes of Boa Morte' with the ball at his feet.

I know it's not on the same scale, but after losing Roberts, we need that impact type player who can compete at a Championship level, and Larnell Cole may be that player.   

I don't want to make everything into a Pat Roberts post but I honestly wouldn't even class him as an impact player. He made very little impact in all honesty.

Cole I am excited to see. I've heard good things and I like direct running. It'll be interesting to see the starting XI come together over the next couple of weeks. I think you're right though. Impact sub, maybe some cup games. Be good to see the lad get a chance!

gang

I was impressed with what I saw of him, nice to see speed in a Fulham player, I also agree with the loaning him out theory.

grandad

Perhaps the club may realize that in order to keep promising youngsters you have to give them a go in selected games. Cole, Dembele, Plumain & a few others have to be given a chance.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Lighthouse

Young players need to be carefully introduced and not burn out. Dembele was pushed too soon and may only now be close to being good enough. Cole looks like an older version of Roberts but with a bit more about him. I think he may well do well this season.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

McBride78

I have not seen the guy play.  That said I have heard mixed reviews on him this week, which makes me skeptical.  Has some qualities that are exciting, but some fans indicated he also had some negatives and did not think he would factor. 

Is he a right side or left side mid? 

rweller86

@rweller

McBride78

So on the right side we could use the cover, and I could see him getting some game time this year.  Cairney prefers to be more central, Pringle and Kaka are left preferred (I believe).  Roberts is gone.

@jolslover

I think Cole is best on the left (Where he played against Villa) . His right foot is quite clearly his stronger and I would prefer to see him cut in and shoot rather than beat a man and cross.
STH H3

MasterHaynes

Quote from: FPT on July 21, 2015, 12:21:16 PM
Eh, I'm not so sure. I get the feeling that Larnell doesn't know what he's going to do with the ball once he gets it. He's very childish as a footballer, which isn't a surprise really given his lack of experience and time lost through injury - but I don't think he's going to be a shock impact. He may look bright, but I don't think he'd be my 'dark horse' for the year - reminds of an attacking version of Nikolay Bodurov - looks good but very little substance once you look into the inner details.
I agree with you FPT, I'm not sure he knows which direction he is running and the players around him on Saturday looked just as confused trying to 2nd guess where he was going, I'd also fear for whoever plays fullback behind him as would offer no protection.The clip on the website where he has a good run shows him head down and no idea where players were around him, FPT I think you summed him up very well. I posted on another thread that having watched him I was surprised at his inclusion in the 1st team squad over Plumain who remained behind who in his one and only 1st team appearance at Norwich over 18 mths ago did very well.

General

He's a player that I am willing to do well because I get the impression once he has the bit between his teeth he'll be a great asset and has huge potential.

I hope it's realised.

RaySmith

Looked impressive at Crawley.

Skatzoffc

Not seen him.
But would like to.
Hopefully can push on for us. 
Not sure in the  first team but an excitng prospect none the less.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !