more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Leeds and Eintracht Frankfurt fans brawl

Started by Vienna1, July 22, 2015, 07:38:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vienna1

Ugly incident in Salzburg.

Riots between Frankfurt and Leeds supporters. 25 people, arrested. Frankfurt supporters, allegedly outnumbered Leeds supporters, started everything. Police injured as well. Eye witnesses shocked! The fighting continued in a nearby village. Police used pepper spray.

Possibly the heat (38 degrees) contributed to the violence. People might have had one or two pints more than usually. Still no sympathy with all involved. Police, the authorities and the local population are completely fed up. Message: We don't want such idiots here!

What does all this have to do with Fulham? Fulham v. Frankfurt on Saturday. But no worries though, police will be doubled and everyone is warned.

www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3170079/Leeds-United-supporters-clash-Eintracht-Frankfurt-fans-ugly-scenes-following-pre-season-friendly-Austria.html

www.itv.com/news/calendar/story/2015-07-21/crowd-trouble-at-leeds-united-friendly-in-austria/

http://www.krone.at/Fussball/Testspiel_Frankfurt_-_Leeds_endet_mit_Pruegelei!-Video_aus_Eugendorf-Story-463589

Holders

What a shame. Are Fulham and Frankfurt playing in Salzburg then? Lovely city.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Vienna1

vbg cottager

my dad and me are going to the game vs frankfurt and will drive all the way through austria to see the lads.

the incidents of the leeds game aren't really surprising for me, especially as the Ultras Frankfurt are known for such scenes. they even have their own rapper duo "bosca" and "vega" as well as "ultrakaos". those guys are enjoying great popularity and that even grows as those two "pop stars" are often involved in fights e.g. against leeds bosca was one of those guys fighting.

as fulham fan I wouldn't be too concerned but be aware of your flags, banners etc. as the germans love to steal those as trophies.

I am really looking forward to saturday's game and a roadtrip with my dad.

tslyon

It amazes me how people can get so wrapped up in whatever they are doing to resort to this.  While many think football is more important than life, in the end it is a game.  The outcome has no bearing on your status as a human being...

Unfortunately, we see this here too.  Fans getting beaten up after a game.  I don't think we see it to the same level, but maybe the reporting is just different.  But, we also do not have (or maybe need) a visitors section in most of our sporting arenas.  I have gone to an NFL game in Dallas and sat next to fans wearing Philadelphia gear.  These are two huge teams that are long-time rivals.  This was in Texas.  We (the Cowboys) lost and on the way out the Philly fans were chanting and having a grand time.  Not one person threatened them.  There was some friendly jabs from both side and laughs around.  Afterwards, the wife and I went to a bar and happened to sit next to Philly fans and drink and discuss the game.

I know these sorts of encounters happen every weekend around the United Kingdom, yet it only takes a few idiots (of all Nationalities) to screw it up for the rest of us...

Wow, I guess I needed to rant...

Cheers,

Steve

P.S.  Irdning looks like an awesome place!  Might need to make a European adventure plan...

tslyon

Quote from: vbg cottager on July 22, 2015, 09:40:11 PM
my dad and me are going to the game vs frankfurt and will drive all the way through austria to see the lads.

the incidents of the leeds game aren't really surprising for me, especially as the Ultras Frankfurt are known for such scenes. they even have their own rapper duo "bosca" and "vega" as well as "ultrakaos". those guys are enjoying great popularity and that even grows as those two "pop stars" are often involved in fights e.g. against leeds bosca was one of those guys fighting.

as fulham fan I wouldn't be too concerned but be aware of your flags, banners etc. as the germans love to steal those as trophies.

I am really looking forward to saturday's game and a roadtrip with my dad.

I hope the two of you have an amazing time!  Post pictures for us far away fans...

Cheers,

Steve

leonffc

Utter bonkers but some of the pictures doing the rounds on Twitter and FB last night were hilarious if you zoomed in. There were a couple of blokes in balaclavas (obviously organised) and one was carrying a pint of milk  :58: Another had a small plastic bucket to throw.

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: leonffc on July 22, 2015, 10:15:08 PM
Utter bonkers but some of the pictures doing the rounds on Twitter and FB last night were hilarious if you zoomed in. There were a couple of blokes in balaclavas (obviously organised) and one was carrying a pint of milk  :58: Another had a small plastic bucket to throw.

Careful lads it's no longer handbags, they have buckets!!!!

leonffc

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on July 22, 2015, 11:30:22 PM
Quote from: leonffc on July 22, 2015, 10:15:08 PM

Careful lads it's no longer handbags, they have buckets!!!!

"And if that milk aint semi skimmed we're 'cattle trucked'!!!!"   093.gif