watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Betts to Chelsea?

Started by Mince n Tatties, July 23, 2015, 06:50:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

According to Radio and Paper this morning they are set to offer 2.5 million for our young keeper...
There was talk of it a while back,maybe all hogwash..

Nero

rip the career of marcus if he goes there, what ever hppened to the great british of Jpsh forgotten your name as you havent been seen for about 2 years

aaronmcguigan

Maybe slightly different if he went there as second choice but he'd be fighting it out with Delac and Blackman for third choice.

Skatzoffc

I thought the keeper coach had talked him out of it. Would be foolish as he'd never get a game. He should stay here and play then go somewhere bigger when he's late 20s imo.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Craven Mad

I'm assuming this is garbage, but...

I love Betts and really want him to be here for a very long time but - more than ever with this sort of statement - you've gotta say he ain't ready for a big move.

He's still got too many "edges" to round off; distribution, 1-on-1 positioning, long range shot stopping, organising his defence. It rarely was the deciding factor in a game, but his errors did cost us a lot of goals last season (but, in fairness, his spectacular saves surely outnumbered his mistakes). He's still very young for a keeper but he should see his opportunity here as a chance to take his game to the next level by getting 40+ senior caps a season, rather than 1/2 (if that) appearances for a prem side in the cup each year.

I'm delighted he's our first choice keeper and have been so pleased to see how he's progressed. He also seems a genuinely decent bloke and a great person to have around the dressing room. He's also capable of some truly spectacular saves and is shaping up to be a really, really good keeper. But - please Marcus - don't let your head be turned by a big move yet!! I think it'd be the death of his career...

Wimbledon_White

If he went there surely he would just become yet another player they put out on loan in Holland, Belgium or Germany.

Can't think there is any truth to this.

Bronaldinho

I've got mixed thoughts about this.

If we don't get him to sign a new deal, he leaves on a free next summer. Club quiet on offering a new deal it seems, which is odd.

Then again, he should stay especially as his Dad is the goalkeeping coach and should guide him pretty well.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

mike_corkcity12

Sell him and try and take him back on loan if he does not want a new permanent contract here.

Bronaldinho

Quote from: mike_corkcity12 on July 23, 2015, 10:52:08 AM
Sell him and try and take him back on loan if he does not want a new permanent contract here.

Never see the benefit, selling someone to just develop them further for someone else's benefit.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

FPT

This is a rehashed rumour from months back, then again, Chelsea love stockpiling players which is a whole different conversation.

I don't think he'll go, I expect to see him sign a new deal in the next 6 months.

Ron91

I doubt he will move this early! Whilst he has has great shot stopping and i can see characteristics that he will be a very good goalie but i am really not impressed with his lack of coming off the line for corners or crosses when they seem to be close to him he takes a step back instead.For this reason i would prefer Lonergan to start.

cmg

Can't imagine there's anything in this.
But then again the Chelsea goalkeeping situation is a prime example of the Alice in Wonderland world which is top level PL football and has been since before Courtois played against them in the CL semi-final.

For a young keeper, going to Chelsea is a great career move - as long as you're not too keen on playing football. Begovic is 28, but Coutois, Delac and Blackman are all around Marcus' age. There is also Mitchell Beeney (19), also an age group International and who kept Blackman out of the u21s when Jamal came back from loan. Still I doubt that Blackman is complaining. He has a Europa League winners medal in his trophy case, despite never having played a single PL game, or a single Europa game for that matter - they put him on the bench to make up the 'home grown' numbers. Crazy.

Holders

I doubt he'll move this early. He needs time to gain experience and he won't do that in someone else's reserves. No, he'd be far better off continuing his development here rather than chasing a move to a big club. The same as Roberts actually. Err....
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

JoelH5

It's not as Betts is getting a lot of game time. Roberts wasn't.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

MJG

The one thing Chelsea don't do is let players rot in the reserves,he would get game time,just somewhere else.

Sent from my Lenovo A5500-F using Tapatalk

Holders

Quote from: JoelH5 on July 23, 2015, 01:57:53 PM
It's not as Betts is getting a lot of game time. Roberts wasn't.

Precisely.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

St Eve

Wouldn't surprise me at all

Zendra

Surely Fulham don't need to pay Chelsea that much to take him . Still its money well spent by Fulham to watch Chelsea  shipping goals. Has Betts ever caught anything - can't say I remember if he has !

Skatzoffc

Quote from: Zendra on July 23, 2015, 09:31:14 PM
Surely Fulham don't need to pay Chelsea that much to take him . Still its money well spent by Fulham to watch Chelsea  shipping goals. Has Betts ever caught anything - can't say I remember if he has !

Hmmm, Classy post!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Zendra on July 23, 2015, 09:31:14 PM
Surely Fulham don't need to pay Chelsea that much to take him . Still its money well spent by Fulham to watch Chelsea  shipping goals. Has Betts ever caught anything - can't say I remember if he has !

Ooof. For a young 'keeper thrown in at the deep end behind the worst defense for quite some time I think he did pretty well.