watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

garbut

Started by steve magnets, July 23, 2015, 05:21:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve magnets

Apparently Fulham have agreed to take him on loan. If true just a c Alf needed and we may just be in business!

MJG

Fulham76

Quote from: steve magnets on July 23, 2015, 05:21:07 PM
Apparently Fulham have agreed to take him on loan. If true just a c Alf needed and we may just be in business!

Where does that leave Richards, both LB's aren't they?

FPT

Quote from: Fulham76 on July 23, 2015, 05:26:43 PM

Do you mean Jazz? He's a right back but can cover left back if need be.

Fulham76

Quote from: FPT on July 23, 2015, 05:28:56 PM
Quote from: Fulham76 on July 23, 2015, 05:26:43 PM

Do you mean Jazz? He's a right back but can cover left back if need be.

Oh, thought he was left back for some reason

ToodlesMcToot

So, this U21 LB is miles better than our own U21 LB? And how much Championship experience does he have? Just curious.

Reading his wiki bio ( I know ) does not fill me with loads of confidence that he is the answer to our LB issues.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

MJG

He's basically being groomed to be Baines replacement and England u21 LB. Its a good signing if it goes through.

Sent from my Lenovo A5500-F using Tapatalk

Lighthouse

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on July 23, 2015, 05:33:04 PM
So, this U21 LB is miles better than our own U21 LB? And how much Championship experience does he have? Just curious.

Reading his wiki bio ( I know ) does not fill me with loads of confidence that he is the answer to our LB issues.

He has been on our radar for some time. Whose to say who would be ideal? I know we can spend oodles of cash on a player who is injured and never plays for us. We are building a side that can compete in the Championship. He may not be THE answer but he is at least AN answer.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ToodlesMcToot

I was asking because the supposed mandate was bringing in players with Championship experience first and foremost. And beyond that, it appeared we were targeting players with potential to continue improving.

Garbutt, however good he is, doesn't appear to have experience above League 1. That's first team experience, of course, just not ideal.

I figured that we'd likely wind up loaning a player or two in and save the transfer funds for other purchases. Filling all of our needs in one window has always seemed a bit of a stretch.

FPT

Luke Garbutt's the real deal. At the U21 Euros, he was probably in the top 3 of England's best performing players - and was excellent for Everton as he started away at Wolfsburg in a 2-0 win. His crossing is phenomenal, he's got good pace as well which puts him ahead of Sean Kavanagh who is lacking athletically. Garbutt is not the finished article (hence why he's going out on loan) but he's good quality for this division whose offensive tools will be a fantastic asset.

Now, I'd rather we would sign James Husband; but if that's not possible for whatever reason, than Garbutt is the a more than capable plan B for me.

fulhamben

I presume it will have a recall clause in it.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

fulhamben

CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Rhys Lightning 63

C alf? Not sure 051 will be ok with that

@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Tonywa

Couldn't be more pleased. A mate who's a long-time Everton supporter really rates him and says they are grooming him as the replacement for Baines in the not too distant future. Apparently has decent pace is a good defender and excellent going forwards. Will do for me.

Jims Dentist

Agree with FPT.
Garbutt was amongst our best for U21's, and looked good for Everton towards the end of last season.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: FPT on July 23, 2015, 07:44:04 PM
Luke Garbutt's the real deal. At the U21 Euros, he was probably in the top 3 of England's best performing players - and was excellent for Everton as he started away at Wolfsburg in a 2-0 win. His crossing is phenomenal, he's got good pace as well which puts him ahead of Sean Kavanagh who is lacking athletically. Garbutt is not the finished article (hence why he's going out on loan) but he's good quality for this division whose offensive tools will be a fantastic asset.

Now, I'd rather we would sign James Husband; but if that's not possible for whatever reason, than Garbutt is the a more than capable plan B for me.

Thanks for the rundown. Like I say, with our ambitions for the coming season, a loan for a U21 player didn't make obvious sense....without knowing the player.

davew

Quote from: Tonywa on July 23, 2015, 08:00:20 PM
Couldn't be more pleased. A mate who's a long-time Everton supporter really rates him and says they are grooming him as the replacement for Baines in the not too distant future. Apparently has decent pace is a good defender and excellent going forwards. Will do for me.
Tomorrow is another day and reality will return, so much nonsense posted, not by you, but let's dream about us getting 2nd string Premier League players being groomed to replace top players, it won't happen!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Twig

If this were to happen, and it"s a big if, then I think it would be fantastic news.  At CB we need to sign a top quality, experienced leader of the back four and be prepared to splash the necessary cash. Combine a new cb with Burn, Garbutt and Jazz and I would start dreaming of a promotion winning team!

hovewhite

if true ,brilliant signing just a quality centre back needed.

Craven Mad

I'd be very pleased with this, particularly if it frees up the funds to bring in a better CB on a permanent.

Luke's shown some real promise and could be an absolute star in this league. Might be the best LB we've been linked with.