more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Luke Garbutt signs on loan

Started by Fulham Tup North, July 25, 2015, 09:13:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrett487

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on July 25, 2015, 10:19:26 AM
note of caution - he has played only 58 games and most of them at lower than our current division. at the moment this is just the signing of a good prospect yet to prove himself and it is just a loan. I am not being pessimistic, but lets not get too carried away by this one - if we get dunk that will be exciting.

I agree, however Everton have just signed him to a five-year contract, indicating that they see him as a solid prospect. Surely they wouldn't offer him such a long deal if the lad hadn't got real talent. I'm more worried that the rest of the back four could be lacking in talent and that poor coaching could make him look bad. I understand the lad's got pace and as long as he has a good, willing engine and the right attitude he should do well.

Burt

Nice one... Things seem to be coming together...

valdeingruo

Wonder if we have some long term target in mind? 2 seasons in a row weve got a left back in on loan.   086.gif
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

JPCL

PokerMatt

Quote from: JPCL on July 25, 2015, 11:05:32 AM
http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2015/07/24/garbutt-joins-fulham-on-loan

Good little interview with Martinez about the Garbutt move

Really interesting, thanks.

Funny, isn't it, that so many on here have claimed the club is in freefall, but a Premier League manager is impressed with our ambition to go back up and thinks we're the perfect club to develop one of his best prospects.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Lighthouse

None of that had to be said by Martinez. So great to see them looking at It as a project. Clearly a good move for both player and clubs.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Craven Mad

If Garbutt does well on loan, and with Baines still only 30 (could have another 3-4 years as first choice at Everton), I could see there being room to make this permanent if we get promotion, with a buyback option for Everton in case he becomes amazing.

If Baines maintains some degree of the form he's had over the last 5+ seasons he won't be dropped by Everton, and Leighton's of an age where bigger clubs will lose interest, Garbutt won't want 3 years on a bench during his prime years.

Could be our long-term solution...

JPCL

Quote from: PokerMatt on July 25, 2015, 11:10:11 AM

Really interesting, thanks.

Funny, isn't it, that so many on here have claimed the club is in freefall, but a Premier League manager is impressed with our ambition to go back up and thinks we're the perfect club to develop one of his best prospects.

Yeah I noticed that, spoke very highly of us which can only be a good thing. I like to think Mike Rigg is doing some really good work behind the scenes for us. Seems like a decent signing

Classic94

Very impressive business this. Just need to tie up a CB and DM now.

Jonaldiniho 88

A really promising window as of yet. Almost all if not all the players coming in could be starters and we are addressing all the areas required. I may sometimes be quick to criticise but credit where it is due. Big round of applause to all involved in getting this done. Just a quick raid on Real Madrid for Ramos and Ronaldo who are apparently unsettled.

Twig

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on July 25, 2015, 12:00:11 PM
A really promising window as of yet. Almost all if not all the players coming in could be starters and we are addressing all the areas required. I may sometimes be quick to criticise but credit where it is due. Big round of applause to all involved in getting this done. Just a quick raid on Real Madrid for Ramos and Ronaldo who are apparently unsettled.

haha not sure they would be more than bench warmers!

hovewhite

good work by everyone in the club.

FPT

Good move - I'd still have preferred a James Husband on a permanent deal - but in terms of loan deals, this is probably as good as we could have done. He's got good pace, excellent crosser of the ball; I don't want to see Sean Kavanagh now forgotten about and he still manages to get upwards of 10 matches under his belt, but I'd expect to see Garbutt our starting no.3.

MikeW

Garbutt is a cracking signing.  Had a season with Cheltenham as a very young lad and really looked good.  Glad he's progressed and am confident he will fill position well.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

WolverineFFC

Good signing by the club. Major upgrade from last season at LB. As Martinez mentioned, he played 10 games or so in the Premiership and Europa last season and looked like he belonged at that level. He is ready to be a starting LB for an upper tier Championship, lower tier Premier league side. Club continues to improve several positions across the pitch. As many have stated, need to improve the center of defense to complete the rebuild.

049:gif

f321ffc

From an Everton forum

"  Garbutt is going to be the best absolutely class..."
If you have a forward who can head the ball then Garbutt's beckham-esque deliveries will really be a major weapon for you.

Sounds good to me , get your head on that one Smithy. 049:gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

mouse

W.G.Fulham

Mike Rigg is doing a cracking job, if we only we grabbed him a couple of years ago.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: FPT on July 25, 2015, 01:10:33 PM
Good move - I'd still have preferred a James Husband on a permanent deal - but in terms of loan deals, this is probably as good as we could have done. He's got good pace, excellent crosser of the ball; I don't want to see Sean Kavanagh now forgotten about and he still manages to get upwards of 10 matches under his belt, but I'd expect to see Garbutt our starting no.3.

Possible that we still have designs on signing him but just not the funds to cover him and a new CB in this window? I don't know what his contract situation is but, maybe we are letting it run down a bit and intend on signing him in another window.

It would still seem that we need/intend to sell Amorebieta and possibly still Kostas ( I truly hope not tho ).
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: W.G.Fulham on July 26, 2015, 02:01:59 PM
Mike Rigg is doing a cracking job, if we only we grabbed him a couple of years ago.

I'm happy with the return so far as well.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude