adrian treble

Started by steve magnets, July 25, 2015, 06:12:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve magnets

westcliff white

he is very average or has been to date in the Jupiler league
Every day is a Fulham day

steve magnets

To be honest I'm scratching around looking for any positive news about  New central defenders , not to excited about another midfielder (central at that) in an already crowded and possibly even good enough midfield.

Jonaldiniho 88

The one position we don't need is his. If McDonald has fallen through we still have enough. From the one picture I've seen his knee was heavily strapped. Not worth the risk. Give hyndman the chance.

God The Mechanic

"Possibly even good enough" is hardly a ringing endorsement :p  if he offers something that we need and don't have then it would be a sensible signing, but I don't know enough/anything about him to suggest that he does.

Craven Mad

Adrian Treble is a left-footed attacking CM/CAM. With Cairney I reckon we're already set in that position.

If we want a similar player, I'd rather we went for someone like Barry Bannan, who's practically the same position-wise (if not more versatile), but is proven in the league and is whose club says he's actually available.

If we are in the market for another CM, there's also Henry Lansbury - who's right-footed (which might be helpful as both Cairney & O'Hara - our new signings - are left-footed). Forest have already accepted an offer of £2.5m from Burnley, so we could try to swoop in.

If we want a DM, and Kevin McDonald isn't an option, we could go for Chalobah. I don't think he'll ever make it at Chelsea and they might be open to an offer.

If we need an AM/SS, we could go for Nick Powell or Jesse Lingard from United; same as above - might be available for a proper transfer as unlikely to make it there.

The point being, there are so many more exciting options who're already proven in this league and who wouldn't have any problem adapting to this league and would be far less risky a signing.

Bsically, I'm not really too keen on the idea of signing this guy, even though he does seem to be highly regarded by Liege fans...

EJL

Quote from: steve magnets on July 25, 2015, 06:23:42 PM
To be honest I'm scratching around looking for any positive news about  New central defenders , not to excited about another midfielder (central at that) in an already crowded and possibly even good enough midfield.
How about the Premier League quality left back we signed on loan today? Is that not positive?

Bronaldinho

Quote from: Craven Mad on July 25, 2015, 07:02:47 PM
Adrian Treble is a left-footed attacking CM/CAM. With Cairney I reckon we're already set in that position.

If we want a similar player, I'd rather we went for someone like Barry Bannan, who's practically the same position-wise (if not more versatile), but is proven in the league and is whose club says he's actually available.

If we are in the market for another CM, there's also Henry Lansbury - who's right-footed (which might be helpful as both Cairney & O'Hara - our new signings - are left-footed). Forest have already accepted an offer of £2.5m from Burnley, so we could try to swoop in.

If we want a DM, and Kevin McDonald isn't an option, we could go for Chalobah. I don't think he'll ever make it at Chelsea and they might be open to an offer.

If we need an AM/SS, we could go for Nick Powell or Jesse Lingard from United; same as above - might be available for a proper transfer as unlikely to make it there.

The point being, there are so many more exciting options who're already proven in this league and who wouldn't have any problem adapting to this league and would be far less risky a signing.

Bsically, I'm not really too keen on the idea of signing this guy, even though he does seem to be highly regarded by Liege fans...

Lansbury is not going anywhere it seems, £3m buyout clause for Prem clubs only.

As for Trebel, heard that there may be more to this than we think. Still seems odd to me considering his position and preferred foot. But then again at around £1.2m  it's not a big risk.

Seems he is very highly rated at Standard Liege, hence the interest from Sevilla and Sociedad, so it'd be a coup if we persuaded him here.

Is there a place for him in the side? Not sure, we are heavy but then again it sure would be a competitive midfield for the starting 11
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

HillingdonFFC

Why do people think McDonald is a defensive midfielder ?. He's a deep lying playmaker, drops back to recieve the ball off the back four  and pretty much dictates play.Hes not known for breaking up play or as a spoiler.
A DM would be someone like Etuhu or Diop, McDonald would be a Murphy type player.
I dont know anything about Trebel but worrying rumours surrounding LVC, apparently Villa weighing up a bid. Think we need to get cracking with a centre back before anything else. Offer over the odds for Dunk, we're a good centre half away from being very competitive in this league