watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR ....Tour de France supporters absolute disgrace

Started by Fulham Tup North, July 25, 2015, 08:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham Tup North

092.gif I am not a biking fan and as to who wins I am happily ignorant, but what other sport exists where supporters or fans (questionable) can run up to a professional sports person and either Spit at them, throw p1ss at them or generally shout and abuse them and the governing body ignore it?
I know that the French are bloody bad losers but have they no self control or common decency?
I appreciate that football supporters can get a bit abusive, hell even some people on here go over the top occasionally, but throwing urine at someone is going a bit far.
Hopefully he will complete his win tomorrow and he can stand on the podium and give a two finger salute.
Viva La  Angleterre.
:medal:
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

westcliff white

Firstly could have said urine had to explain to my son why some one would swear on a topic when I say how good the board is. Secondly My family has french origins, all though I was born here and am as English as they come, but it is harsh to tarnish them all with the same brush. The urine thrower was a German I believe as well.

lastly Froome isn't english

Every day is a Fulham day

St Eve

Fulham76

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: westcliff white on July 25, 2015, 08:47:40 PM
Firstly could have said urine had to explain to my son why some one would swear on a topic when I say how good the board is. Secondly My family has french origins, all though I was born here and am as English as they come, but it is harsh to tarnish them all with the same brush. The urine thrower was a German I believe as well.

So I guess from this that you have no problem on the two cases of Spitting then? Now I did check and it appears that in both of these cases it was definitely French chaps doing the disgusting deed.
Oh well, each to their own.
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

westcliff white

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on July 25, 2015, 10:27:50 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on July 25, 2015, 08:47:40 PM

So I guess from this that you have no problem on the two cases of Spitting then? Now I did check and it appears that in both of these cases it was definitely French chaps doing the disgusting deed.
Oh well, each to their own.
Never said that at all, was pointing out that not everyone is the same as per your post. By that insinuation your accusing some of my family of lacking decency and I know they would not spit at someone

westcliff white

westcliff white

Quote from: St Eve on July 25, 2015, 10:03:43 PM
He represents Britain in the tour
And fused ski did at tennis that for me was wrong aswell

St Eve

JHaynes Paperboy

0001.jpeg
Quote from: Fulham Tup North on July 25, 2015, 08:00:39 PM
092.gif I am not a biking fan and as to who wins I am happily ignorant, but what other sport exists where supporters or fans (questionable) can run up to a professional sports person and either Spit at them, throw p1ss at them or generally shout and abuse them and the governing body ignore it?
I know that the French are bloody bad losers but have they no self control or common decency?
I appreciate that football supporters can get a bit abusive, hell even some people on here go over the top occasionally, but throwing urine at someone is going a bit far.
Hopefully he will complete his win tomorrow and he can stand on the podium and give a two finger salute.
Viva La  Angleterre.
:medal:
0001.jpeg

JHaynes Paperboy

70 years ago they were throwing flowers at our troops when we liberated them, now they throw piss!

epsomraver

Quote from: JHaynes Paperboy on July 26, 2015, 07:56:13 AM
70 years ago they were throwing flowers at our troops when we liberated them, now they throw piss!
:plus one:

bill taylors apprentice

There have been clear pictures of some of the miscreants and I think we are all aware of all kinds of incidents in this country were the power of social media has very quickly come up with naming and shaming individuals.

It may not be as easy as naming the chelsea scum on the Paris Metro but not impossible.
If there is a will to out them of course.

epsomraver

Funny that, one thing they are good at ( losing) they are bad at accepting it

westcliff white

Agree they are very bad losers, but doesn't mean they all lack decency or are ignorant.

bill taylors apprentice

As someone who was a racing cyclist long before we (Great Britain) became very good at it and raced in France I can tell you I had some fantastic hospitality on my visits but also some devious skulduggery at times.

Their not even very good whingers, remembering the London Olympics when the French accused Team GB of having different wheels than them only to realize the supplier was the same as theirs (Mavic) and a French company "to boot".     

epsomraver

Quote from: westcliff white on July 26, 2015, 12:31:35 PM
Agree they are very bad losers, but doesn't mean they all lack decency or are ignorant.

Nobody has, My twin brother lives in France and I do a lot of work over there,I have a place over there I find once clear of the coastal ports for the French to be on the whole very nice people but you cannot excuse the way Broome was treated and the lethargy of the Authorities, one thing I have found there they will always take a nationals side against an English one, shame we don't do the same here

westcliff white

I am not excusing it, personally think the organisers are slow as well to resolve these issues, but it is nothing new and the UCI has not changed that much since the new guy came in. Live and Work in Belgium most of the time and cycling is a region here and I have come to love it, but itds a shame that people don't respect one another more.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: westcliff white on July 26, 2015, 12:53:50 PM
I am not excusing it, personally think the organisers are slow as well to resolve these issues, but it is nothing new and the UCI has not changed that much since the new guy came in. Live and Work in Belgium most of the time and cycling is a region here and I have come to love it, but itds a shame that people don't respect one another more.

Having done the same in Belgium (see above) There is a difference between the French and the Belgians in many ways, both the Flemish and the French speaking Walloons.   

Barrett487

The odd thing is that when Nibali does well, they don't seem concerned that five of his team were proven 'dopers'. There was even discussion about rebranding the team during the aftermath. If anyone should be cast a suspicious glance it's Nibali. The fact that Froome's British is the catalyst for these disgraceful actions. I agree with WW that all French should not be judged on the actions of a minority, but the equivalent of their Daily Mail-style reporting has stirred things up and manufactured 'facts'.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/cycling/11559836/UCI-in-firing-line-as-Astana-avoid-further-doping-sanctions.html
The UCI, cycling's world governing body, was facing a backlash from fans on Thursday night after its licence commission decided against throwing Astana off the WorldTour.
The Kazakh-funded team, for whom reigning Tour de France champion Vincenzo Nibali rides, had a spate of positive drug tests last year; two from within their senior squad and three at their continental-ranked feeder team.
That led the UCI to put them "on probation" while an independent audit was carried out by the Sport Sciences of the University of Lausanne (ISSUL).
The results of that audit have not yet been made public but were sufficient for UCI president Brian Cookson to recommend that the licence commission strip Astana of their WorldTour status.
After a further meeting between all parties on Thursday, it was announced that that would not now happen.