watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Youth!

Started by General, July 26, 2015, 11:26:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

Obviously when it comes down to things like youth anything is far from straight forward. the player in question has to be happy with their role and development or the competition which is there to prove as another barrier for them to break through.

Some get restless and want to move just to secure regular playing time, others have a luxury and what they feel are better offers and head off to other clubs in a better position to meet their aspirations for themselves.

The one thing that I do want to touch on, something which has been prompted by watching utd's recent win over Barca is longevity and trust/security.

I've noticed our club until most recently at least seems to have a tendency to get rid of young players at still quite an early stage of their development... perhaps I'm being unfair, but I honestly think 20-22 is too early to be letting go of our youth players, especially the good ones as there is time for them still to mature and I also think there's a lot to be said for the amount trust and stability can offer a player in terms of their willingness to kick on and as a form of mutual trust and respect give their all.

I see Wigley being back in place, I see a lot of talent in our youth and I fear that we wont give their evident talent the chance to really push themselves and achieve, especially if we subsidise their learning time with other players instead of playing time.

Hyndman, LVC, Dembele and Woodrow all have a huge potential and I hope we see them realised and more importantly give them the time to do so.

Andy S

The problem with youth team players is they are not usually able to step up to adult football in a year or two it normally take 3 or four. If they look god then the bigger clubs with more money are bound to poach them. These players cannot sign long contracts past 18 by which time they will be watched and approached and often taken for next to nothing by bigger clubs who are willing to take the risk. Clubs in our position want to hang on to them for longer when they could make more money from them or use them in their first team. On the other hand some players develop late and these are the ones that lower league clubs are able to hang on to.

Clubs have to move players on so that they have room for the next crop coming through

alexbishop

i am really worried we will lose the likes of Dembele, LVC and Hyndman. Not sure if the club has enough to offer to keep them here.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Et tu, Dempsey?

Quote from: alexbishop on July 26, 2015, 10:04:59 PM
i am really worried we will lose the likes of Dembele, LVC and Hyndman. Not sure if the club has enough to offer to keep them here.

I will riot if we lose Hyndman!