watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Some interesting rumours.......

Started by Tooting legend, July 26, 2015, 06:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tooting legend

Not my rumours. Just something that I have read and copied and pasted it. Very interesting if true.

ENGLISH CLUB RUMOURS..

25 Jul 2015 22:06:33
After adding the signature of Luke Garbutt on loan from Everton Fulham are close to signing Swansea Midfielder Leon Britton for a small fee & Crystal Palace striker Dwight Gayle on loan.

The club are still hopeful of prising Tom Lee's away from Sheffield Wednesday & want former loanee Michael Turner back at the club this season.

The club are yet to find a buyer willing to pay the 8m being asked for Mitroglou & the Greek international has excepted that he may be at Fulham come September.

filham

More speculative journalism. Seems they all know we are desperate for a central defender but they have not yet twigged we are full up in midfield.

Swiss72

We have not been linked to many strikers so far if I am correct. So I have the sneaky feeling Mitro could be with us longer than we think.

Holders

If this is cut and pasted it's not from a journalist but an illiterate kid.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

FortCollinsFulham

You know it's quality, trustworthy writing when they don't know the difference between accepted and excepted.
'Cause I'm already gone, if you bet on me you've won.

Up you Whites

gerrys

Quote from: FortCollinsFulham on July 26, 2015, 08:54:13 PM
You know it's quality, trustworthy writing when they don't know the difference between accepted and excepted.
or Lee's and Lee......

ealex40

Quote from: FortCollinsFulham on July 26, 2015, 08:54:13 PM

You beat me to it!

Mind you, one could make a career of pointing out grammatical errors. But if the meaning is understood, and the love of FFC is obvious, then why ruffle feathers. 049:gif

Wearethewhites

Really fascinates me how others are quick to judge on peoples spelling or grammar. What, so because someone got a couple of words wrong, it's not creditable? Christ. Maybe it isn't, but some of our best information has come from this Website this summer. If it comes off it comes off, if it doesn't, it doesn't, so what. 

FortCollinsFulham

Quote from: Wearethewhites on July 26, 2015, 10:40:05 PM
Really fascinates me how others are quick to judge on peoples spelling or grammar. What, so because someone got a couple of words wrong, it's not creditable? Christ. Maybe it isn't, but some of our best information has come from this Website this summer. If it comes off it comes off, if it doesn't, it doesn't, so what. 

I was kinda just making the easy joke, mate.

Up you Whites

Holders

The point TL was making is that these quotes purport to come from a journalist and were cut and pasted therefrom - so no opportunity for any changes to creep in. Some journalists might not be the brightest but one would still not expect them to make such elementary errors and it's that which unfortunately detracts from the credibility of the reports.

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Mince n Tatties

It's from English  Transfer Rumours Pages.
Mostly made up by fans..

FortCollinsFulham

Quote from: Holders on July 27, 2015, 07:11:48 AM
The point TL was making is that these quotes purport to come from a journalist and were cut and pasted therefrom - so no opportunity for any changes to creep in. Some journalists might not be the brightest but one would still not expect them to make such elementary errors and it's that which unfortunately detracts from the credibility of the reports.

:plus one: 

Up you Whites

FFC1987

Some of our best information? Its mostly been utter tripe. The same bloke said about a week ago that we'd signed Dunk and another player (forget his name) check out his history. Sorry if you think we're overly curious but it really is school boy stuff...

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 27, 2015, 08:31:08 AM

Some of our best information? Its mostly been utter tripe. The same bloke said about a week ago that we'd signed Dunk and another player (forget his name) check out his history. Sorry if you think we're overly curious but it really is school boy stuff...

Correct,said Dunk was having medical I believe..lol

FFC1987

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 27, 2015, 09:12:29 AM

Well according to this reliable source, we should have signed Britton, Buckley and Dunk last week so seems legit to me.

Domino 1879

Uninspired by Britton - 33 years old and injury prone.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

I'd have Britton in a heart beat. Very good player.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 27, 2015, 09:28:00 AM

Well according to this reliable source, we should have signed Britton, Buckley and Dunk last week so seems legit to me.

It used to be Billy bob making them up on there.
Maybe he under different name now..lol

FFC1987

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 27, 2015, 09:51:17 AM
Quote from: FFC1987 on July 27, 2015, 09:28:00 AM

It used to be Billy bob making them up on there.
Maybe he under different name now..lol

Put it this way, it's not a coincidence that these sites prosper and spike during the school summer holidays....

FFC1987

Oh hello, look who's back!

'27 Jul 2015 21:56:00
Crystal Palace Striker Dwight Gayle is set to join Fulham on loan - the whites want Ross McCormack to play in the hole behind the striker as part of a three & Dwight Gayle is wanted to spear head that attack.

Kit Symons has been pushing for this deal since the start of June.

Kostas Mitroglou is set to join Sporting Lisbon on loan with a view to an 8m permanent move.
DShaneMithy92'