watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Shahid Khan predicted

Started by Andy S, July 27, 2015, 10:38:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

I believe Shahid Khan predicted a minimum of top six for this season aiming for promotion. So will there be a fall guy at the end, should we fail?

MJG

Not sure predicted is the right word, targeted more like.

Sent from my Lenovo A5500-F using Tapatalk

H4usuallysitting

Is that the same Shahid Khan who confirms that he knows little to nothing about footyball (footyball, from the fokkers film on tv last night)

mike_corkcity12

He hasn't really invested that much to ensure that top 6 is a big possibility. Have broken even on transfers and wages I'd say.

Andy S

That is good business I would say. Take a look at one of the transfer websites and see exactly how many transfers have happened this close season. Some clubs have made money some have lost. If we break even that is good as we have certainly improved the squad

west kowloon white

Hitting the "sustainability" target then and aiming for promotion -like all the other teams in the league(apart from three who will be happy to avoid the drop).
Seems pretty reasonable to me.

Logicalman

I'm still waiting to become the 'Man Utd of the south'!!
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: mike_corkcity12 on July 27, 2015, 10:45:57 AM
He hasn't really invested that much to ensure that top 6 is a big possibility. Have broken even on transfers and wages I'd say.

We made a £33million loss in our last PL season.  £33million!  Had we not taken measures to reduce our wage bill and bring in some funding we'd have been utterly boned by FFP.  Also, the investment on Ross last year was pretty enormous.  He HAS invested, it's just the people who have been doing the buying have done so poorly so far (hopefully this summer sees a change there).

Nero

didn't he say the same last season when Kit took over the aim is top 6, 

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: God The Mechanic on July 27, 2015, 12:06:54 PM

We made a £33million loss in our last PL season.  £33million!  Had we not taken measures to reduce our wage bill and bring in some funding we'd have been utterly boned by FFP.  Also, the investment on Ross last year was pretty enormous.  He HAS invested, it's just the people who have been doing the buying have done so poorly so far (hopefully this summer sees a change there).

Much of the £33m was an accounting manoeuvre bringing forward the depreciation in the value of players to take the pressure off under Championship FFP rules. Read MJG's explanation.

grandad

There is no law that says we have to spend money on transfers. Provided we can acquire players of a suitable quality for nothing it is fine by me.
Where there's a will there's a wife

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on July 27, 2015, 01:21:20 PM
Quote from: God The Mechanic on July 27, 2015, 12:06:54 PM

We made a £33million loss in our last PL season.  £33million!  Had we not taken measures to reduce our wage bill and bring in some funding we'd have been utterly boned by FFP.  Also, the investment on Ross last year was pretty enormous.  He HAS invested, it's just the people who have been doing the buying have done so poorly so far (hopefully this summer sees a change there).

Much of the £33m was an accounting manoeuvre bringing forward the depreciation in the value of players to take the pressure off under Championship FFP rules. Read MJG's explanation.

Indeed - but even without that we made a £17million loss.  Having made losses in 10 of the last 10 years.  How we were being run was absolutely NOT sustainable, and with the much stricter FFP regulations in the Championship we'd have been in serious trouble had we not both written down a big chunk of future impairments and cut down on the expense of the playing squad - with wages and salaries being even more than the TV money we were making.

MJG

Saying all that and having a decent understanding of where we are we could if pushed pay a lot out and be within the 13m max loss allowed.
I know some would want us to do that, personally I'm not so keen and like the route we are taking. If needed we will spend...but only on the right men.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: MJG on July 27, 2015, 01:45:07 PM
Saying all that and having a decent understanding of where we are we could if pushed pay a lot out and be within the 13m max loss allowed.
I know some would want us to do that, personally I'm not so keen and like the route we are taking. If needed we will spend...but only on the right men.

I imagine very few people would be willing/happy to live entirely at the max of their overdraft month after month, which is what they'd effectively be hoping the club does by demanding we push our losses to their limits.  It just isn't prudent.

SouthfieldWhite

Apparently he's flying over today for a few days so you can all ask him

MJG

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on July 27, 2015, 01:52:43 PM
Apparently he's flying over today for a few days so you can all ask him

Nero

Ron91

051 Shahid Khan wants success and us back to where we belong! I have no doubt he will do whatever it takes (irrationally or not) to get us there. I have seen nothing to doubt him.