https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is anybody expecting more than a season

Started by H4usuallysitting, July 29, 2015, 12:19:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

Quote from: nose on July 29, 2015, 11:57:56 AM
I do not think we will be in the top 6 or even have a season of 'consolidation'
we need a few more players of the Ross Mac standard in a variety of positions. we remin a team that seems to me lightweight throughout....   There is nobody we have yet brought in that gives rise for encouragement and whilst i think kit is a reasonable manager he didn't actually inspire as the season went on. He will be key.... if he throws off the shackles of media speak and worrying about supporters turning on him, he should stick to his prinicples, sort out his best 11, best formation and go with it.... not chopping and changing or picking his favourites, or ones the management felt hours on the pitch might inncrease their fee.

Also key will be a burn budrov partnership, anything else will be a bad sign (unless we buy somebody)
LVC playing well and ross performing to the max... cauley must play most of the season and most of the games because he has talent and needs to be allowed to prove it with a proper run, not being dropped, like last season, after he played a blinder V derby!!!!! I despair when managers do nonsense like that.

My prediction bottom half, probably not being free from relegation worries until mid april..... Kit? I think he will survive the season but a new man in the season after.

I am usually very up for it at this time of year but there is absolutely nothing being presented or said to make me think we have done anything that will make a change for the better.
So you think Kit Symons will survive if we are fighting relegation in mid April ?
Not a chance .
He would be long gone before Christmas if we were involved in a relegation battle up to then.

Kentish Gent

Agree with the 'consolidation' philosophy, and would expect a reasonably comfortably place around 9th. Now, if we bring in a top-class CB with the ability to take the captain's armband when required, we could just make the play-offs. Would my 70-year-old coronary system take that? After half-a-century of disappointments (relegations, play-off failures, the FA Cup Final, the Europa Cup Final) I'm not sure. However, blind faith and love for our wonderful club usually means that I survive for another season. COYW!

Wearethewhites

I expect us to finish around mid-table this season, build on what we've currently built on, and make a push for promotion in year 3. 

nose

Quote from: Riversider on July 29, 2015, 01:19:51 PM
Quote from: nose on July 29, 2015, 11:57:56 AM
I do not think we will be in the top 6 or even have a season of 'consolidation'
we need a few more players of the Ross Mac standard in a variety of positions. we remin a team that seems to me lightweight throughout....   There is nobody we have yet brought in that gives rise for encouragement and whilst i think kit is a reasonable manager he didn't actually inspire as the season went on. He will be key.... if he throws off the shackles of media speak and worrying about supporters turning on him, he should stick to his prinicples, sort out his best 11, best formation and go with it.... not chopping and changing or picking his favourites, or ones the management felt hours on the pitch might inncrease their fee.

Also key will be a burn budrov partnership, anything else will be a bad sign (unless we buy somebody)
LVC playing well and ross performing to the max... cauley must play most of the season and most of the games because he has talent and needs to be allowed to prove it with a proper run, not being dropped, like last season, after he played a blinder V derby!!!!! I despair when managers do nonsense like that.

My prediction bottom half, probably not being free from relegation worries until mid april..... Kit? I think he will survive the season but a new man in the season after.

I am usually very up for it at this time of year but there is absolutely nothing being presented or said to make me think we have done anything that will make a change for the better.
So you think Kit Symons will survive if we are fighting relegation in mid April ?
Not a chance .
He would be long gone before Christmas if we were involved in a relegation battle up to then.

maybe. I am not so sure and it will depend on how things are generally going. I suspect we will be just good enough for him to stay. But based on the last few seasons I wouldn't bet on any evantuality. I said what i think will happen rather than what i would do if I was in charge.

alfie

I think it is a bit pointless at the moment, we have no idea whatsoever how this squad of players will perform this season, so basically I predict we will finish somewhere between 1st and last.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't