watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Am I reading into this too much?

Started by dannyboi-ffc, July 30, 2015, 02:10:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboi-ffc

On the Fulham website they have two pictures fronting news about the palace game and both pictures are of Dwight Gayle. It may be a coincidence but out of all of their players including Zaha Brede and Cabaye why him?

I really hope we can get this lad in and maybe just maybe the loan rumour all summer is true. Maybe I am clutching at straws but he would be the perfect fit in a 4231 with Ross in the hole and him up top.

Just imagine

Betts or Lonergan

Jazz         Dunk              Burn          Garbutt

Cairney          O hara

LVC                      Ross                     Kaca or Pringle

Gayle

For me get Dunk and Gayle in and I think the squad is a big improvement with options everywhere. That's two more players fulham! Maybe Turner as well and ship out Bodurov. But I don't think Mcdonald is actually as important when I look at this team. As far as I'm concerned two midfielders should be capable of balancing the defensive role themselves especially with 4 creative players in front of them.

Let's hope these pictures tell a different story than just the palace game
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

mike_corkcity12

Craven Mad

I actually thought exactly the same thing but worried that I'd be shot down for saying something on here.

Gayle's just such an odd person to choose to put in all the pictures; a bit-part player who's miles from first-choice. I couldn't help but to read into it!

I think he'd be a great option here and would like him on a permanent. A definite step-up in quality and just the sort of player to give us more options up front.

rusty shackleford

If there was anything to Gayle the bookies would have wind of it, as it is we're not even available to bet on as his "next club"

filham

That team looks good but Dannyboi I think you are having good dreams while the rest of us are having nightmares.

fulhamben

gayle is not very prolific though. might aswell stick with smith if we are not to get a prolific striker. or better still keep mitro
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: fulhamben on July 30, 2015, 07:07:52 PM
gayle is not very prolific though. might aswell stick with smith if we are not to get a prolific striker. or better still keep mitro
Blimey you must be a mind reader...
:plus one:

dannyboi-ffc

He has the one thing Woodrow or Smith don't though and that's pace. I like Smith and Woodrow but I feel both are good options and not much more than that. Smith is good when we get a bit desperate and need to go route one where as Woodrow has the work rate and energy to come on when we are winning just take help keep the pressure off. Neither will score enough to be prolific and with Ross being a Rooney type player in the hole I feel pace frightens defenders more than anything else and Ross can pick those passes.

Mitroglou will be leaving for one reason or another and if you want prolific then look how much it costs. Rhodes is the man and I think Gayle would prove good value for money which can't be a bad thing especially at such a good age.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

fulhamben

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on July 30, 2015, 07:20:01 PM
this is my point though, if we are not going to spend money on a decent striker, then why bother at all.

He has the one thing Woodrow or Smith don't though and that's pace. I like Smith and Woodrow but I feel both are good options and not much more than that. Smith is good when we get a bit desperate and need to go route one where as Woodrow has the work rate and energy to come on when we are winning just take help keep the pressure off. Neither will score enough to be prolific and with Ross being a Rooney type player in the hole I feel pace frightens defenders more than anything else and Ross can pick those passes.

Mitroglou will be leaving for one reason or another and if you want prolific then look how much it costs. Rhodes is the man and I think Gayle would prove good value for money which can't be a bad thing especially at such a good age.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: filham on July 30, 2015, 06:46:56 PM
That team looks good but Dannyboi I think you are having good dreams while the rest of us are having nightmares.

You call it happy thoughts whilst others call in insanity lol!

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

BestOfBrede

Quote from: fulhamben on July 30, 2015, 07:22:04 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on July 30, 2015, 07:20:01 PM
this is my point though, if we are not going to spend money on a decent striker, then why bother at all.

Also we have Dembele and Taggart - let's give them a go?

WONKYTONKY

Palace just signed Connor Wickham... Replacement for Gayle?  086.gif  :005:

FPT

I think you are, have we even been solidly linked with Dwight Gayle? Frazier Campbell I've seen, but not Dwight Gayle. Come to think of it, I'd be happier with Campbell I think, 22 goals in 46 Championship games over a year at Hull in 2007-08 and half a year at Cardiff in 2012-13 - being promoted for both sides. If you want that type of player up front, I think Campbell has a bit more about him amongst his knowhow of the Championship and above - only two years in between them also!

The rest of your team though, looks good - though I'm not in favour of Christensen right, swap him and Tom Cairney over and that's our best team with all the right questions being asked in terms of depth. 

RaySmith

Kit said in his interview with Sarah that Mitro would be considered for selection if he doesn't move - which doesn't look that likely at the moment.

He is potentially a goalscorer, but I'll believe him playing for us when I see it, but then I never thought we'd see  Ruiz play for us again, or even Hugo and Amore-but they  ended up playing their part last season.

dannyboi-ffc

Hmm Sherlock Holmes and Dr Watson I hear you say? More like Dannyboi and Craven Mad!  049:gif

There is always theory in the madness!  :wine:

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

rusty shackleford

Quote from: rusty shackleford on July 30, 2015, 02:51:28 PM
If there was anything to Gayle the bookies would have wind of it, as it is we're not even available to bet on as his "next club"

Well, looks like i was wrong. First time for everything!

mike_corkcity12

Still think it was just a coincidence!