watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Cardiff Away

Started by Andy S, July 30, 2015, 11:33:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

I know it is hard to read anything in to friendly matches but Cardiff beat Watford this week 2-1 Now Watford have been busy in the transfer market this close season and have signed 9 players. Do you think Cardiff are beatable on their own soil? And should we be too down if we lose our opening game?

west kowloon white

Jimpav

Let's see where we are at come next April.

Lighthouse

If we win 8-0 it will mean very little in the great scheme of the league. If we lose we will just have to put up with all the anti Fulham and Symons nonsense. Any team, especially in this league can be beaten on any given day. I will be fed up if we do poorly in Cardiff but I know we are better than we were this time last season. So the old boring cliché comes into force. It is a marathon not a sprint.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 31, 2015, 12:40:19 AM
If we win 8-0 it will mean very little in the great scheme of the league. If we lose we will just have to put up with all the anti Fulham and Symons nonsense. Any team, especially in this league can be beaten on any given day. I will be fed up if we do poorly in Cardiff but I know we are better than we were this time last season. So the old boring cliché comes into force. It is a marathon not a sprint.

More like a stroll.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Fernhurst

I dread to think of the reaction on here if we lose the first two games.

The usual crew will gather behind the flag of "out, out, out" and order the crucifixion of everybody including the tea lady.

Highly predictable despite most reasonable observers being very aware the club is now going in the right direction.

We all know the outcome if results are still not what they should be by Christmas Eve, however, we have all been given more access to how the club is run over pre season and anyone following can surely now appreciate its a difficult art pulling together the right ingredients to be successful.

It may be more interesting to gauge the reaction if we win the first four?  :005:

Here's to a point a week Saturday  :beer:  COYW  049:gif COYW  049:gif

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

RaySmith

Someone has to win, and someone has to lose every game of football -unless it's a draw, of course!

I will be disappointed if we lose, as always, but it won't make me predict a season of doom and gloom.

I don't think the first game of the season means much anyway - though a win would be good obviously, and even a draw would be a good result I think.

Baws

I think Cardiff away is a tough opening fixture, but it will be a very good test for Kit's new look side.

I agree with Ray, I think a draw would be a great result. I would like to see us winning at home against Brighton though to give the fans something to get excited about.

Burt

Whilst not reading anything in to any pre-season matches, I'd be happy with a draw at Cardiff...

WhiteJC

if we get a point I'd be more than happy, if we play well I'll be satisfied not matter the result

Tempest

Not sure what to think at the moment, if we set up the same as last season with the same ideas, energy levels and collapses then I do hope we get hammered all hell breaks loose and we change manager (yes after 1 game because if things don't change now they never will!) but if we put in a good positive energetic performance with a system that suits our squad and Kit gets the players playing to their potential then I'd be happy with that even if we fall to an unlucky defeat.
Live in Falmouth!

hovewhite

I have given up expecting anything result wise with Fulham ,a point would be a start.

Northern Cottager

Cardiff looked really good against Rovers in the opening game of last season but went on to be nothing special. We are however the kings of being beaten by nothing special, week in ...week out.

Cravenawin

Hope the players never read this forum.The negativity on here does my head in.

Riversider

Cardiff are about to lose their keeper to WBA !
Every little helps.

Wimbledon_White

If we lose ANY of the first five games there will be numerous (and serious) 'KIT OUT' threads. FACT.

I will argue back profusely.

Wearethewhites

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on July 31, 2015, 04:44:49 PM
If we lose ANY of the first five games there will be numerous (and serious) 'KIT OUT' threads. FACT.

I will argue back profusely.

If it was black, you'd argue it's white. If it was white, you'd argue it's black. You're just one of those annoying posters unfortunately. 

filham

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 31, 2015, 12:40:19 AM

Not sure what the effect of an 8-0 win would have in the great scheme of things but I am sure it would make a lot of us extremely happy at 5pm on Saturday 8th August.

Cardif away is a tough fixture and we should prepare ourselves for a defeat but I am just hoping for a sound and attractive performance. I don't want any more of those terrible games where we are thoroughly outplayed and are dreading that stat. that shows we have gone through the game with only one or two shots on target.

The more important game ,where we must expect a result is Brighton at the Cottage, defeats in the first two games and there would be thoughts of a start as bad as last season.

filham

Quote from: Riversider on July 31, 2015, 04:21:01 PM
Cardiff are about to lose their keeper to WBA !
Every little helps.

Cardiff playing without a keeper could effect the result providing we can get a few shots on target.

HatterDon

Quote from: Cravenawin on July 31, 2015, 04:12:05 PM
Hope the players never read this forum.The negativity on here does my head in.

I'm sure that the word is out at Motspur Park that this forum is to be ignored by players and staff. There was a time when 90% of the negativity on here was from Lighthouse, and 75% of his was ironic. I'm afraid the light-hearted, good-natured bantering days of Friends of Fulham are long gone.

Now, in my day  092.gif
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel