https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Liam Donnelly

Started by aaronmcguigan, July 31, 2015, 12:02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aaronmcguigan

Off to Crawley for a month. Good luck to him. Hopefully he can make an impact

Rhys Lightning 63

Interesting that it's only a month. Indicates he might have a future in the first team sooner rather than later
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

SouthfieldWhite

It's probably only a month with a view to making it longer if he gets playing time.

Fulham don't want players going out on loan unless they are actuall playing for the loan club

FPT

+1 on Southfield White's comment, why give him to them for a season only for him to not play?

What'll be interesting for me is whether he plays at centre back or in midfield. He might have the Jack Grimmer 'problem' of physique 'affecting' his early professional playing time at centre back.

FPT

To reply to my above post, the Crawley manager has said:

"With Lanre Oyebanjo out until October we need cover in the right-back position and Liam is a player we have had on our radar for a while. He's as tenacious defender but also good on the ball and, as we discovered when we played Fulham a few weeks ago, he can score the odd goal as well!

"We're delighted to have him with us and I'd like to thank Kit Symons and everyone at Fulham for making it possible."

Read more at http://www.crawleytownfc.com/news/article/crawley-town-fulham-2583339.aspx#YrMrvuZ1quutM5Qs.99

mike_corkcity12

I don't think Fulham have much faith in Donnelly. Only gave him a one year extension.

MJG

Quote from: mike_corkcity12 on July 31, 2015, 02:40:06 PM
I don't think Fulham have much faith in Donnelly. Only gave him a one year extension.
Or he only took a one year. Not all players want to sign long contracts and I know one who turned down an offer and still has no club.

Sent from my Lenovo A5500-F using Tapatalk

mike_corkcity12

Quote from: MJG on July 31, 2015, 02:43:20 PM
Quote from: mike_corkcity12 on July 31, 2015, 02:40:06 PM
Or he only took a one year. Not all players want to sign long contracts and I know one who turned down an offer and still has no club.

Sent from my Lenovo A5500-F using Tapatalk
Sambou?

Looking forward to seeing Wigley back on the touchline. Always shouting instructions which is in sharp contrast to Keen apparently who was very passive.

hovewhite

good luck liam at crawley.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Youth loans (usually) have a minimum of 28 days and a maximum of 93 days so, in addition to Crawley's short term need for cover, it goes some way to answering the queries about the length of the loan.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/global/section6.aspx

Andy S

I'm sure he will do well there

aaronmcguigan

Liam had a long time out through injury. If he hasn't played a first team game why would he get a long contract? I hope he goes on to great things here but you can see the logic of a 12 month contract.

Twig

Regardless of contracts etc let's just wish the guy all he best and hope that this experience aids his development as a young Fulham under 21 with potential.

Max Headroom

I was always I,pressed with him when I saw him in the u18 s.... More so than burgess in fact