News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Football documentary, I should appear in it, playing.

Started by jarv, July 31, 2015, 01:46:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarv

Yesterday an event took place which was a first for me. Participation in a documentary. I play in the over 60 age bracket of our over the hill league in Massachusetts. For some unknown reason, a friend of mine was recruited to put together 2 teams of old boys to play a 6 a side game for 30 minutes. It was followed by a lot of set up retakes and we were at it for over 3 hours. All good fun.

However, the down side is my friend is a mild mannered man, not a take charge type. It was OK, but he brought in a couple of guys who could barely move so in the outfield effectively, they had 5 and we had 3. So, the result (which was not the point of this) was a bit embarrassing. It was sponsored by a health insurance company to be used as a pr/advertising vehicle, showing what can be done if you live a healthy life and stay fit. So, the point was to show a little of what we can do, not about winning.

When edited, I hope to get into it. (We only had 8 shots, 7 from me). They scored 7 I think. When playing, I do get on others nerves, I yell a lot, instructions and sometimes moaning.  The guy in charge for the film company, picked me for a set up play to involve the referee. He said "you look like a player who likes an argument". The set up, I had to foul a player, the ref whistles and then I have to argue and remonstrate with the ref. Did 5 takes so I hope that is not the only bit I get into.

When more information available, I hope to post youtube piece, which will probably be the best place to find what will eventually be about 2 minutes.  So, at the gae of 67, I make my film debut and professional football debut in one day. Yes, we got paid.... :plus one:

HatterDon

brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If this ever shows up on youtube, please link it for us.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

jarv

Don, it will be shown on tv as well, no idea when but should find out soon.

Berserker

Yes let us know when it is on you tube
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Fernhurst

I'm the same age Jarv and still hoping to make my debut for Fulham FC !!

Well done, looking forward to seeing you glide across the pitch ??
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

HatterDon

Quote from: Fernhurst on July 31, 2015, 07:54:47 PM
I'm the same age Jarv and still hoping to make my debut for Fulham FC !!

Well done, looking forward to seeing you glide across the pitch ??

I'm a year older than Mr. J, Sir Fernhurst. I SHOULD be making a feature film debut some time in the spring of 2016. I finished all my shooting in 2014, but these things take time. I told the director that I was patient, but I'd prefer that the last credit on the film NOT read: "In loving memory of our friend ... ."

No football will be played in the film, although a little bit of  :HD: should survive the cutting.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel