watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

TEAM FOR PALACE/MATCH THREAD

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, August 01, 2015, 02:02:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milo

You'll have to keep us updated guys in the absence of commentary...

Rhys Lightning 63

Full time in Essex. Colchester 0 - 1 FulhamXI
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Chutney

Ohara off, he had cramp, Bodurov into holding midfield
C O Y W

akf

Jonaldiniho 88

Chutney

1-1, not a bad performance, defended well.
C O Y W

TrexFFC

This whole nonsense of selling Mitroglou needs to stop if he is willing to be here and help us.

Jonaldiniho 88

Mitro added more to the attack in 20mins than Woodrow all game.

Lighthouse

Well we still need a player either end unless the Greek decides to stay. Dunk of Brighton on his way to Ipswich so we need another link somewhere.

Overall good result and good display against a Prem side who also made wholesale changes during the game.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

akf

Not a bad result for the last pre-season. Glad to see that we could withstand the threat, especially given their quality substitutes and the amount thereof. Great to see Mitro come on and cause some problems.

Milo

Think we need some more Mitro feedback...

Last memories of him were: hanging just off the back of the back four promisingly... but lacking the first touch and fitness to capitalise on any space. Seems bizarre to think we haven't seen a fit Mitroglou playing for us in 18 months... 

How was his fitness?

grandad

Fairly pleased in general. Although it was only Palace they still had some quality players you don´t see in the Championship. The main problem is who is going to score the 80+ goals we will need. Ross MUST play right up top. The other striker will have to be either Smith, Dembele or Taggart. Woodrow, for all his hard work, will not score enough & is a waste of a key player.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Lighthouse

If nothing else the Greek has been in the shop window. But if he stays and wants to play then it is a plus. We will see. Shame about the injury to Garbutt.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Walsh

Quote from: TrexFFC on August 01, 2015, 04:49:31 PM
This whole nonsense of selling Mitroglou needs to stop if he is willing to be here and help us.

I completely agree, if he gets the right mindset then we need to use him.

Kit did say he didn't want to be here though.

JoelH5

We have to keep the Greek.. Just for this season at least. He's a match winner
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: grandad on August 01, 2015, 04:56:50 PM
Fairly pleased in general. Although it was only Palace they still had some quality players you don´t see in the Championship. The main problem is who is going to score the 80+ goals we will need. Ross MUST play right up top. The other striker will have to be either Smith, Dembele or Taggart. Woodrow, for all his hard work, will not score enough & is a waste of a key player.

Ross won't play upfront. He hasn't tried to do it when played three on his own. He wants to influence the game. Woodrow could be the solution when Ross goes but until them he has to backup to Ross not playing with him. Mitro would be great but highly unlikely. Dembele or smith for me and I'm firmly in the smith camp. I think the club will have treated him incredibly badly if we don't give him a chance. Hugo was limited and we persisted in playing him in a role he wasn't effective at. We all still gave him time because he scored and gave his all. Smith has scored and given his all, but is so much better in that role than Hugo.

TrexFFC

I would like for someone to try and convince him to stay for at least one more year.  If we don't get promoted he can be sold without a problem.

hovewhite

sounded ,listening in my office to the game a good competitive encounter and mitro made a difference so keep him here and play him.

FulhamDoc

Re:
Midfield looked much better than last season. Harrying and closing them down more effectively. Looked more confident on the ball. Pringle, Cairney and O' Hara all looked useful, especially Pringle. Ross still playing fairly deep. Lonergan played well. Still not sure about Hutch. Mitro looked lively and dangerous, would be great to keep him.

alexbishop

On the way back from the game. We played pretty well but lacked urgency when we had the ball. Defending in open play better but corners still absolutely comedy.

Mitro looked the real deal. Fact he's getting minutes is a good sign.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop